Five Players who maybe should never have come to Sheffield Wednesday

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thompson, Taylor and Galvin would never get in this thread....I think you might misunderstand what it's about

They're players who with hindsight shouldn't have come to Sheffield Wednesday, because they contributed nothing whilst they were here before being moved on- which is exactly what the thread is about. I think you may misunderstand how to read.

Forgot about Simon Stainrod - a player who most definitely shouldn't have come.

A blade, was reponsible for the infamous Oldham riot, had always been a cocky so and so when he played against us - so we bought him for a record fee and he managed 2 goals before being shipped out.  It was like Curran signing for the pigs, it was never going to be a happy ending.

Guest BULGARIA
21 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Andy hinchcliffe

the 2 Scottish midgets

Orlando Trustfull

Andy Pearce

Andy Booth

Guy Wittingham

That Bennet at left back

and so on and so on...

andy booth and guy whittingham... your having a laugh mate.

Jeffers has to be the worst.  Not just because of the money but the circumstances.

We let Steve MacLean go that summer even though he wanted to stay, then struggled to find a replacement so ended up paying over the odds for Jeffers who was awful.

If we'd just offered SM a new deal we could have saved that transfer fee and a lot of extra wages and he'd have definetily contributed a huge amount more in the next couple of seasons that FJ9 did.  It was obvious even at the time.

in no particular order and i'm not saying they were poor  players just that 4 didn't fit and one  wasted 5 years of his career 

simon stainrod ......... never a wilko type of player and came and went very quickly 

colin Harvey..............when he ran on to the pitch for his debut limping I feared the worst and wasn't disappointed, how he passed a medical i'll never know  

gilles de bilde ...........I know all players play for the  money but he just wanted the money for a minimum of effort .

garry Thompson .......good centre forward but we already had one and he was never going to replace him .another who was one season and gone .

tommy craig ..............he deserved to play at a far higher level instead of scratching around with us .

2 hours ago, benni8 said:

Adam Reach?

Jesus Christ... some people on here..

Read my post again.

For the £5m outlay, I think that money could have been spent better elsewhere.

I've never said he's a bad player but I think for what he's shown in the first team, £5m was a lot of money.

Hand on heart can you honestly say he looks like a £5m winger?

27 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Read my post again.

For the £5m outlay, I think that money could have been spent better elsewhere.

I've never said he's a bad player but I think for what he's shown in the first team, £5m was a lot of money.

Hand on heart can you honestly say he looks like a £5m winger?

Agreed. We properly had our leg lifted with Reach. £500,000 yes but £5 million is utter utter madness

Rudi wasn't that bad.  He surely won us a few points here and there, which is more than can be said for most on this list.

Similarly, Guy Whittingham that someone mentioned was actually one of our better players at the time.

Patrick Blondeau - now there was someone who should never have come.

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Jemson - had his moment against Manchester United but, generally speaking, was treated horrendously and even humiliated with the subbed as a sub thing.

Forest had our pants down.  Best part of a million pounds for a striker with the pace of a Stones dray-horse .

Guest BULGARIA
5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Forest had our pants down.  Best part of a million pounds for a striker with the pace of a Stones dray-horse .

He wasnt that quick!!

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That was Francis' fault for signing him. From the players' perspective and in line with this thread, From Jemson's point a view, it was a bad career move and one, with hindsight, he would have been better never to have made.