Five Players who maybe should never have come to Sheffield Wednesday

1525756.jpg

1. Gilles 'The Animal' De Bilde

Came to Sheffield Wednesday, messed about with his dogs, played half arsed for us, was totally ineffective and then flew back home to brag about how much money we'd overpaid him by during his time with us.

1205724.jpg

2. Petter Rudi

Nice guy, decent player but totally unsuited to the rough and tumble fast and furious pace of English football. Often referred to as 'Bambi On Ice' for his tackling, Petter was sadly one of the most delicate players we've ever seen at Hillsborough. Nothing against him personally or as a player but shouldn't have come as he was totally unsuited to our game or what we needed at the time

13724176052548.jpg

3. Nejc Pecnik

Again another really nice guy but totally baffling as a footballer at Sheffield Wednesday. On paper and on video highlights Nejc was a player worth a look, but when he came was a bit hit and miss to say the least and never really found his feet here. 

104064.jpg

4. Francis 'Franny' Jeffers

Sheffield Wednesday's knack of buying players who then go onto have very long and lengthy injured careers here is second to none. Again we bought this player without the right and proper checks and Franny went on to be resident on our treatment table until we managed to offload him. Some fans might not even remember him playing for us such was his 'Abdi' style disappearance from our first team on a regular basis

jay-bothroyd_2835402.jpg

5. Jay Bothroyd

If anyone can give me one single reason why Jay Bothroyd was anything other than our worst player of ALL TIME then I'm all ears. Bothroyd was infuriating. He annoyed me more than any other player I've ever seen. He made me physically angry.

Came to Wednesday, sulked, refused to even try. Absolute disgrace and the worst player I've ever had the unfortunate luck to see play for our great football club.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Rudi was decent to be honest. Delicate yes, and his finishing was worse than Carlton Palmer's, but he'd walk into our current side.

Yep, he wasn't really suited to English football but gave it a go and had plenty of good games. Sinton for me was the big summer signing that we beat other top clubs at the time to and he rarely lived up to that.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, he wasn't really suited to English football but gave it a go and had plenty of good games. Sinton for me was the big summer signing that we beat other top clubs at the time to and he rarely lived up to that.

I was thinking before we signed him that he would be the final piece of the jigsaw that would see us dominate for a few seasons.. How wrong was I.

I suppose for prominent players Sinton, de Bilde and Jonk are all big shouts. Slothroyd will remain the player I hated most while he wore a wednesday shirt, although Leon Clarke is quickly becoming my most hated ex-Wednesday player.

In terms of players that shouldnt have come, there were millions of loans that turned out to be total wastes - Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Lewis Baker, Hallam Hope, Jordan Spence, Rodri, Stuart Holden, the list is endless.

Blimey, I forgot how pug ugly Jeffers was.

I saw him play at Plymouth... all the locals were excited at the prospect of seeing him and were disappointed that he was on the bench. He came on as a second half sub to lots of ooohh's and aaaahh's ....within thirty seconds he was put clean through, one on one wth the keeper, middle of the goal and he side footed it high and wide into the travelling Wednesday fans. ( who refused to give the ball back )

• Haha 2

I could pick 5 out of the current squad:

Almen Abdi

Dave Jones

Jordan Rhodes

Adam Reach

Marco Matias

I'm not saying they're all terrible but given respective injury records and contributions to the first team, I reckon that's about £20m that could have been better spent elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I could pick 5 out of the current squad:

Almen Abdi

Dave Jones

Jordan Rhodes

Adam Reach

Marco Matias

I'm not saying they're all terrible but given respective injury records and contributions to the first team, I reckon that's about £20m that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Adam Reach?

Jesus Christ... some people on here..

• Like 2