Marco Matias

Watto

He must be injured again and they're too embarassed to admit it.

Cant believe any manager would be stupid enough to have nuhiu or jones on bench instead of a player who has some rare elusive pace, can create and score.

Saying that nuhiu was preffered bench option to joao so not impossible with cc.

If ever fit he could fit a system without proper wingers behind front 2 and thrive there like ff could do.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

should have played if fit on Wednesday.

Ridiculous to play Lee on the RW

I said this on Sunday and then Wednesday, why the hell does he put our best box to box centre midfielder, who's the only one that regularly joins the attack and knows which direction the opponents box is out wide and have Bannan the banana shot expert and Jones who can't hit the side of the stand from 10 yards out in cm. 

It's a simple tactic almost every coach knows, you need runners into the box to cause confusion / make defenders make decisions and problems of who to pick up therefore creating space for your strikers to lose their markers and open up opportunities. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

17 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I said this on Sunday and then Wednesday, why the hell does he put our best box to box centre midfielder, who's the only one that regularly joins the attack and knows which direction the opponents box is out wide and have Bannan the banana shot expert and Jones who can't hit the side of the stand from 10 yards out in cm. 

It's a simple tactic almost every coach knows, you need runners into the box to cause confusion / make defenders make decisions and problems of who to pick up therefore creating space for your strikers to lose their markers and open up opportunities. 

This is the issue. Carlos does this because he wants hard working players on the wing. He fundamentally misunderstands the concept of attacking players needing to be in position to receive the ball in an attacking position. 

Instead he insists that defenders overlap and attack, as though it's some sort of genius.

Just like he almost always replaces a midfielder with a striker in the second half.

The kind of things you try in football manager with a small squad. Not for real in the championship with a huge squad.

4 hours ago, twolaptops said:

He failed the £20 note origami test

It's a good job the £20 notes are still old style,  instead of the new style £5 or £10 notes that have come in... Carlos would have got a few paper cuts on his hand if he'd done the same with them... 

Reminds me of similar injuries to my "ring", when using the infamous "izal" toilet paper years ago! 

we have to hope guys that when cc is gone all our team gets a good look at again and the likes or Joao and matias get another look in. the concept of wingers as such tracking back is a bit alien to me i know it's done by most teams but an oppositions players can't push forward if you are leaving attacking options up the pitch. once we get the ball we need to be finding these players quickly and directly. loOK at Leicester counter attacking with pace and directness we use to do this with forestieri but no have stopped. I can't believe that Wallace with no pace no skill as in taking a player on is ahead of a potential player that could be scoring for fun in this league 

Just as Leeds are on the attack, Stone cold Steve Austin's music hits, Matias makes his way down through the kop, he picks the ball up, juggles it to the leppings lane end and bicycle kicks it into the net. He jumps into the away end...

"Bah Gawd!" screams the tannoy woman as the crowd look on in disbelief.

In the end he goes off injured and we lose 2-1 but the moral of the story is never give up.

Edited by Woozie
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I really would like to see Matias involved more.  

We are crying out for that bit of extra creativity and goals on the wings, Matias could give us that.  

He would.

Only problem is we like our winger to be auxiliary full backs and central midfielders. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

He would.

Only problem is we like our winger to be auxiliary full backs and central midfielders. 

I'd like to see us have some proper wingers played on the wing who can put in a decent cross.  Also a bit of pace and power wouldn't go amiss.  

Last game at Birmingham, it was painful viewing knowing we had to rely on Hunt, a right back to provide an attacking outlet on the right.    

18 hours ago, osowl said:

This is the issue. Carlos does this because he wants hard working players on the wing. He fundamentally misunderstands the concept of attacking players needing to be in position to receive the ball in an attacking position. 

Instead he insists that defenders overlap and attack, as though it's some sort of genius.

Just like he almost always replaces a midfielder with a striker in the second half.

The kind of things you try in football manager with a small squad. Not for real in the championship with a huge squad.

For a guy that has supposedly wrote many thesis on tactics, his are at times incredibly floored. 

You play a flat 4in midfield or a diamond then ask your wide men to tuck inside in a no man's land between cm and wide, then ask your fullbacks to play as wingers may sound like a clever ploy. The main problem with this as we've seen this season Is if you lose the ball up top all it needs is a quick ball down the wide channels to a quick winger and there's acres of space to exploit with no one covering meaning the CB's get pulled out wide to cover then leaving the middle understaffed to defend from runners coming down the middle.??