Marco Matias

Watto

He has been fit an available to play since February , he's been on the bench the odd time this season. 

Because hes relatively moblie, that Instantly puts him out of contention. With how slow and predictable we are tied in with the fact we rarely win, you would think even somebody of Carlos limited ability would think so,egging different might be worth a go 

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

So what in his two and a quarter seasons makes him rise above one of the "worst signings ever" ?

Oh yes, I remember a goal of the season contender in a season of several goal of the season contenders.

Worst signing ever? 

And we've had a few, Patrick Blondeau anyone?

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can't say Matias isn't consistent when he hasn't had more than ?? how many games in a row? 

We just don't know how good/bad he is.

We hardly know WHO he is.

Would anybody be able to pick him out in an identity parade? 

I would probably pick Matias? from Benidorm first cos I know what he looks like. 

Now there's a question.....is our Matias moonlighting as a waiter in Benidorm.

Mystery solved folks.

Only way I could pick him out of an identity parade would be that he'd be the one who looked like a cotton wool snowman.

My comment on consistency took into consideration his injuries...so it's more about availability than performances.

5 minutes ago, BigTavowl said:

Worst signing ever? 

One of means a group of, not "the worst".

Thus far, given his transfer fee and wages, the return on investment must qualify him as one of the worst signings ever (even factoring in, when he is fit, it would appear that the Head Coach still doesn't fancy giving him a game).

26 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can't say Matias isn't consistent when he hasn't had more than ?? how many games in a row? 

We just don't know how good/bad he is.

We hardly know WHO he is.

Would anybody be able to pick him out in an identity parade? 

I would probably pick Matias? from Benidorm first cos I know what he looks like. 

Now there's a question.....is our Matias moonlighting as a waiter in Benidorm.

Mystery solved folks.

Easy, he's the one on crutches.

The continued absence of players is something that's always worried me during CC's time at the club. I don't know why it's the case, but whichever reason it is, it's a serious concern.

We are signing crocks- a fundamental flaw in recruitment? oversights by medical staff? risks taken post medical results?

We are continually getting too many injuries- something wrong with training methods, these causes should be rooted out and changes made. Could have been medical staff issue, but they were all sacked and the problems persist.

Injuries used as an excuse to explain poor squad management- I can understand why some prescribe to this. I'm not saying it's happening, but if it is it's inexcusable.

Or are we just unlucky? For a season maybe, but two and half? I'm not having that.

He came on at Bolton and the rest of the team couldn't keep up with his pace and other than Rhodes did not know how to handle proper decent crosses.  He realised his mistake and tried to make amends by missing a sitter. But it was too late Carlos had already made up his mind that his place on the bench should go to a more deserving player who knew how to run slow and pass back in the proper manner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Why Matias not been on bench- Well there are only 7 subs available. Two or three are normally strikers plus keeper, Palmer to cover fb/mf, a midfielder, Pudil/Venancio to cover centre  back and Wallace it seems if not starting. Unless Carlos picks two strikers on the bench its always hard for him to get a place on there.  Nothing suspicious.  He has been fit since about January/February. I think.

1 hour ago, BigTavowl said:

Worst signing ever? 

I remember him putting on 2 stones in weight when he came as we put him up in a hotel and he was noshing everything in sight! But his (at the time very young daughter|) was once considered the most beautiful girl in the World....

For those not sure what he looks like:

image.jpg

Apparently cost 4.5 million Euros which at current appalling exchange rate is a gnat's chuff off 4,5 million English pounds. What a waste...

Edited by Almat

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

No, but being constantly injured doesn't make a player qualify as "not being one of the worst signings in history" (before anybody cares to say it, I know it's not his fault being injured and I sympathize with him on the matter but that still doesn't take him away from being one of the worst signings ever).

Is he doctor frankenstiens new monster, mad e from the bodies of wim yonk and franny jeffers??? lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Watto said:

You can throw Abdi in there aswell, constantly injured and don't remember  him having a good game when he has played 

Strange isn't it how a player like Abdi can be a star player in this league for a promotion side, then be a starter in the premier league for the next season. Then become injured and be a rubbish player when he signs for us. 

I also think Matias is a better player than we've seen so far too.

And Rhodes too

Flipping Carlos 

:manager:

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Does anyone if he's injured once again?

I've noticed he hasn't been in the last few squads, it'd be nice to have Loovens Hutchinson and Abdi available aswell, seems every time our players get an injury they are out weeks/months, so much for changing the medical team in the summer!

i'm starting to believe that the gypsy curse of a few years back has returned:ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

So what in his two and a quarter seasons makes him rise above one of the "worst signings ever" ?

Oh yes, I remember a goal of the season contender in a season of several goal of the season contenders.

It was goal of the season at all clubs in the world.... so i think it pips our other goal of the season attempts. Ill always love Matias for that goal.Even if he never plays again.