Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As, has been suggested on numerous threads, Carlos has had little or no say in many signings, it begs the question as to why he has not made a stance.

Dare I say that he is happy to pick up what I am sure is a very handy annual salary and not upset the applecart.

Surely if we are to progress and achieve what the majority of fans crave then he needs to grow a pair and stand up to DC or those behind the scenes making those decisions.

If nothing changes and he remains a" yes man" so as to keep his job, then all we will see is a continuation of a stream of players who rarely play and we continue to go backwards.

Sadly we will be having "mind the gap" rammed down our throats from across the city.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

It might have been suggested on numerous threads but that doesn't mean it is true.

 

We don't know the inner workings of the club or the divisions of responsibilities. In the absence of facts people make assumptions which may or may not be true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I don't think he is and I think it's all BS about him not signing players.

If he has signed them, then why hasn't he played most of them 

Either way ,if he hasn't signed them he should go for being so weak and spineless or go because he 's made a right wee wee tail up on the recruitment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a bit harsh.

 

i think he’s probably identified some players - and some have been identified by others.

 

i don’t believe he had an in depth knowledge of Morgan fox for example.

 

he probably identified strikers like winnall and Rhodes and ended up with both.

 

the thing he / the recruiters should have done this season is freshen it up - even if it meant moving on a player he would have liked to keep.

 

two play off defeats brings a malaise - a new centre mid, a pacy winger, would have changed our dynamic and maybe put other clubs on their toes when we play him.

 

instead were just the same old same old.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

If he has signed them, then why hasn't he played most of them 

Either way ,if he hasn't signed them he should go for being so weak and spineless or go because he 's made a right wee wee tail up on the recruitment.

Is there a weak and spineless fan award cos' you've won it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows?

Playing possession football around your own box won't get you out of the championship...that I do know.

Snooty had it right about the Derby... outnumbered in midfield..even if we hadn't had a mare at the back , any manager in the league knows how to thwart us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Is there a weak and spineless fan award cos' you've won it

Hello Daveyboy, so tell me who is responsible for player recruitment and who is responsible for the current mess we are in ,because all you ever do is neg away and never come up with anything constructive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

If he has signed them, then why hasn't he played most of them 

Either way ,if he hasn't signed them he should go for being so weak and spineless or go because he 's made a right wee wee tail up on the recruitment.

He has given most of them game time hasn't he. Urby is the only one I can think of (off the top of my head) who hasn.t. The other new Centre half will get some soon I'm sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I think this is a bit harsh.

 

i think he’s probably identified some players - and some have been identified by others.

 

i don’t believe he had an in depth knowledge of Morgan fox for example.

 

he probably identified strikers like winnall and Rhodes and ended up with both.

 

the thing he / the recruiters should have done this season is freshen it up - even if it meant moving on a player he would have liked to keep.

 

two play off defeats brings a malaise - a new centre mid, a pacy winger, would have changed our dynamic and maybe put other clubs on their toes when we play him.

 

instead were just the same old same old.

Not sure why this is harsh.

I am merely asking the question who is doing what because if it isn't Carlos doing the recruiting then he is obviously happy to take the flak for others when it goes wrong like now

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Hello Daveyboy, so tell me who is responsible for player recruitment and who is responsible for the current mess we are in ,because all you ever do is neg away and never come up with anything constructive 

 

No one knows - you can only read into some of the signings and have a think - Buckley mcmanaman Mcgugan Lachman rhodes winnall Fox abdi etc 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emilianenko said:

He has given most of them game time hasn't he. Urby is the only one I can think of (off the top of my head) who hasn.t. The other new Centre half will get some soon I'm sure.

Not sure Buckley and Macca got a far crack at it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos has clearly stated he is responsible for the signings. If you look at the signings they are all very similar.Nice neat players who don't have a nasty streak or a strong tackle in them. Carlos has often said he doesn;t like the beast type players. If you look at the signings we have two very similar players for each position. Very little pace and very little power, Carlos is trying to be continental in the Chamionship and we all know it isn't working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Not sure why this is harsh.

I am merely asking the question who is doing what because if it isn't Carlos doing the recruiting then he is obviously happy to take the flak for others when it goes wrong like now

 

Maybe because he just sees it as his job to get the best out of what he’s got.

 

My personal feeling is that we’ve signed s lot of good footballers but not a lot of leaders / winners.

 

we don’t have players capable of affecting the game when it’s not going our way - bar hooper maybe fletcher, Hutchinson and maybe forestieri (who is an enormous miss for us).

 

when it’s not going right, like in the derby, the players we have don’t adapt - we need players that can see a problem and deal with it.

 

as an example - Hutchinson wouldnt have let Brookes play like he’s on Fifa- he needed bullying a bit but no one on the pitch saw that and tried (at least) to deal with it.

 

 

Edited by ka58
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...