Any obviously or available managers worth getting in?

17 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I think the owls manager from October to the end of the season should be ..

Carlos Carvahal.

Any one else coming in would probably want to rebuild, and we'd spend millions more without doing any better.  

5 losses in the last 19 games I think, including one on penalties and a game where we made 10 changes.  

Don't see anyone who could do better.  

It's not just the 5 losses really though is it bud it's All the draws, we don't kill the opposition off enough when we get chance. Think about this?? You can draw every game of the season and be unbeaten, yet just avoid relagation. 

15 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Brian Laws is available! 

Maybe a good shout, did well and likes to mix a few younger players in alongside old heads. Only problem I could maybe see is hasn't he been out of management for a while???, so maybe a bit rusty with management and the game has moved on especially the quality of the championship, so could take a while to get back in the swing. 

On the plus side he would be fresher and less effected by the pressures of management, bringing some enthusiasm and will to get himself back on track. 

18 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Bash is too intelligent for this forum.  The usual response from our Neanderthals is 'flip off piggy coont'.  

Was nice to read some proper sentences for a change.   

Yet another one who's been registered on Owlstalk for years and is posting now. As spineless as the rest of them...

Heckingbottom.  Think we could get him.  Wouldn't feel very nice for Barnsley but he is up and coming and importantly makes players better - something I don't feel Carlos does, he is the right age, and has an eye for a player.  Bear no ill will to Carlos and will be sad to see him go but I think he has taken as far as he can.  We can't do anything in this league just playing well in the 2nd half of games when we are compelled to go for it, having been hammmered the first half witness Brentford, Blunts, Sunderland etc etc

As much as I'd like someone of the calibre of Ancellotti , I'm afraid that's never gonna happen.

We're really not as massive as we'd like to believe , been a long time since we've been a major top flight club , a lot of work needs to be done both on and off the pitch before we can even think about people of that quality , both players and management coming to us.

I'm basically resigned to the fact that if we do get shut of CC , we are going to get a manager who is "out of work". rather than a proven manager who really wants to manage us and is prepared to leave whichever club they are at.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:47, RobbieOwler said:

Like many of you, I've stuck by Carlos and with Leeds coming up and a shoddy reply to an embarrassing loss in the Steel City Derby, is there anyone half decent for the job who could rescue our season?

The best indication I've used for finding a replacement manager is the odds for the next Birmingham manager from Skybet.

Does anyone favour any of them? Could David Moyes do a job? Should we think out of the box or resort to our old manager recruitment style of dropping down the league? Another Scunthorpe manager like Graham Alexander or Nigel Atkins? A former owl pro like Nigel Pearson?

My opinion, pretty uninspiring but what do I know? I'd hire that female manager from the French 2nd division.

Screenshot_2017-09-28-10-35-29.png

Laudrup, Big Sam

I keep mentioning it but to me we are very similar to how Swansea were in this league. They had Martinez and then Paolo Sousa who had a Portuguese passing & pragmatic style of play, and it took hiring Rodgers to get them promotion. Because Rodgers brought a more direct attacking approach (signing Scott Sinclair etc) and he understood what was needed to get promotion.

Rodgers hadn't even got a promotion on his CV but clearly Swansea realised he had the right stuff for the task 

I really hope Chansiri copies this type of approach and gets the right man in before winter so he has time to work on the squad and chop and change things in January