Alain Lè Pardeu

3 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Pardew has no longevity at any club, has one good season then it all goes to sh*t. Karanka is the only option we should be taking, got a team out of this division two seasons ago and will have a point to prove after what happened at Boro last year. 

4 years at Newcastle

2 years Charlton

3 years WHU

4 years at Reading

Granted a year or so at Southampton and Palace.

Overall not too bad.  

If he got us up after a year and had investment I could see him staying on.

He splits opinions but I think his style is what we need at this point...it's just slipping out of control at the moment and CC's p/c highlighted a man losing it imo.

5 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Dean Smith from Brentford. He's the man to go for.

I like that idea.

The only problem is, our squad is full of the type of players totally OPPOSITE to how Smith plays the game.

Brentford are a team full of young, hungry, energetic players.

We couldn't be further from that.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I like that idea.

The only problem is, our squad is full of the type of players totally OPPOSITE to how Smith plays the game.

In part, I agree. But I do think a large part of our system is based around tactics. We saw in the first season under Carlos that we can play that way, and I think once Forestieri is back were more than capable of playing that way. 

Hunt, Reach, Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Forestieri... Crux of the team is very energetic in my opinion.

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I like that idea.

Good point, we rolled the dice on experience and it hasn't worked. Maybe the signings of Reach, van Aken and Fred signal a shift towards a younger, more energetic squad going forward (something I would be pleased with)

3 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Pardew has no longevity at any club, has one good season then it all goes to sh*t. Karanka is the only option we should be taking, got a team out of this division two seasons ago and will have a point to prove after what happened at Boro last year. 

Karanka plays a very similar and conservative style to CC though. 

48 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

4 years at Newcastle

2 years Charlton

3 years WHU

4 years at Reading

Granted a year or so at Southampton and Palace.

Overall not too bad.  

If he got us up after a year and had investment I could see him staying on.

He splits opinions but I think his style is what we need at this point...it's just slipping out of control at the moment and CC's p/c highlighted a man losing it imo.

He had that one great season at Newcastle and then it went to pot, fans wanted him out for well over a year.

He couldn't save Charlton and never mounted a challenge with them back in the Championship. 

Crystal Palace was a shambles last year as well.

He could come in a change our fortunes, but i'd be worried about how long that'd be for.

4 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015– Sheffield Wednesday

6 minutes ago, Almat said:

1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015– Sheffield Wednesday

and where has it got us?

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

He must be itching for a job after leaving Palace, and he probably won't be on any Premier League radars. He must be bored of shmoozing birds in Dubai and L.A. At least he could bring some lookers down to S6 too. 

Time for D.C to sell him the project.

#pardewtime

pardew.JPG

Her in the yellow dress keeps giving me the eye lol

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Karanka plays a very similar and conservative style to CC though. 

Style doesn't matter, what matters is the end result.

I didn't complain last year about our style last year, we improved and finished 4th. Fans wanted expansive football, so we've opened up a bit more this season playing the diamond and now can't keep a clean sheet.

Karanka took a club and squad similar to ours up, that's what matters.

2 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Style doesn't matter, what matters is the end result.

I didn't complain last year about our style last year, we improved and finished 4th. Fans wanted expansive football, so we've opened up a bit more this season playing the diamond and now can't keep a clean sheet.

Karanka took a club and squad similar to ours up, that's what matters.

Whilst AK would probably end up being one of the key candidates, I think style is a big issue now for whoever ultimately replaces Carlos, a lack of presence and speed has been perceived to have cost us and whilst it didn't cost Boro the season they went up it did the following season. 

Boro fans became infuriated by the approach of getting to HT at 0-0 and not playing wingers. The cup game last season was like Carlos vs Carlos.

I agree results matter most and AK does have a better track record, but if he doesn't get them early doors and we play the same way the grumbling will continue. 

I think we would need to find someone that represents a real fresh start without necessarily needing to revamp the entire squad. A tough one.