Alain Lè Pardeu

Crap source I know but at the end of last season I was at a works do in The Shard in London. 

Sat at our table as the 'celebrity' was Talksport's  Ian Abrahams aka The Moose.

As the wine flowed and conversation turned to football and he discovered my allegiances he told me to place a large bet on Pardew being the next Wednesday boss as negotiations were ongoing !

• Like 1

Apart from the midfield, the players are already there, what they need is organising and playing players in the right positions, so every player knows there jobs.

As for the Committee thingy, I think CC had an input with the choice of Van Aken and V, Hooper, Fletcher, Reach, from what he said at the times of their signing.

Here's a theoretical team from the players we already have, to fit CC's fave formation.

Westood (when fit)

Palmer       Lees      Loovens         Fox

Lee       Bannan       Hutchinson     Reach

Fletcher      Hooper

This looks more balanced, Right footers on the right, Left on the left.

Palmer is more defensive minded than Hunt, Lee can actually cross a ball.

Of course it is only my opinion using the players we have at the club and CC's obsession with 4 4 2.

What ever happens, 'Que sara sara'

Edited by adelphi1867

27 minutes ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Pardew has no longevity at any club, has one good season then it all goes to sh*t. Karanka is the only option we should be taking, got a team out of this division two seasons ago and will have a point to prove after what happened at Boro last year. 

I agree he has no longevity but he's a streaky manager. When his teams are on form, they've been great. Think early Newcastle and early West Ham. 

I dont think anyone is or should be suggesting pardew should be the next Wednesday manager for 5 years, but I guarantee he'll have these players firing for 12months at least which is all we need to get into the prem. 

i don't like him as a person ; he seems like an arrogant tail. But it's not a popularity contest.

41 minutes ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Pardew has no longevity at any club, has one good season then it all goes to sh*t. Karanka is the only option we should be taking, got a team out of this division two seasons ago and will have a point to prove after what happened at Boro last year. 

that's all we needlol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, flo said:

That was a rumour by siggi from owlstalk  :laugh:

That thread was amazing. 

lol

No this was ages ago before I’d seen it mentioned anywhere. I was at a funeral when I was told initially, so give me a minute and  I might be able to remember exactly when it was. 

:duntmatter:

57 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Crap source I know but at the end of last season I was at a works do in The Shard in London. 

Sat at our table as the 'celebrity' was Talksport's  Ian Abrahams aka The Moose.

As the wine flowed and conversation turned to football and he discovered my allegiances he told me to place a large bet on Pardew being the next Wednesday boss as negotiations were ongoing !

Still valid then .

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

He must be itching for a job after leaving Palace, and he probably won't be on any Premier League radars. He must be bored of shmoozing birds in Dubai and L.A. At least he could bring some lookers down to S6 too. 

Time for D.C to sell him the project.

#pardewtime

pardew.JPG

I'd like to have a few beers with him after seeing that pic lol

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

He clearly didn't rate Bannan and Jack Hunt so that's two who'd be on their way for starters if he came, not that I'm in the Carlos out camp yet.

FWIW I'd never ask anybody who had previously considered we weren't good enough for them that rules out Pearson Pardew and Worthington from memory but sure there are many others.

Bannan had a few issues but that looks completely behind him and must surely be a must for any new manager. Nearly everything good comes through Carlos, despite what some think of him.

48 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Apart from the midfield, the players are already there, what they need is organising and playing players in the right positions, so every player knows there jobs.

As for the Committee thingy, I think CC had an input with the choice of Van Aken and V, Hooper, Fletcher, Reach, from what he said at the times of their signing.

Here's a theoretical team from the players we already have, to fit CC's fave formation.

Westood (when fit)

Palmer       Lees      Loovens         Fox

Lee       Bannan       Hutchinson     Reach

Fletcher      Hooper

This looks more balanced, Right footers on the right, Left on the left.

Palmer is more defensive minded than Hunt, Lee can actually cross a ball.

Of course it is only my opinion using the players we have at the club and CC's obsession with 4 4 2.

What ever happens, 'Que sara sara'

Any team with Lee on the right is unbalanced. Similarly Bannsn left flattered to deceive, but ultimately won't get enough wins for a promotion. Lee and Baz are CMs. 

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It has got to be Pardew time.

Say what you like about him, however his overall record is very impressive. A top flight manager for the majority of his career. He may well be a smug bugger, but I bet he would get us up within a year or two. 

Promotions, Cup Finals, and the Premier League Manager of the Year not too long ago. 

Imagine the scenes seeing this at Wembley in May.

#pardewtime

giphy.gif

It's a yes from me Geoff. Get him in, and get him in now!

52 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Any team with Lee on the right is unbalanced. Similarly Bannsn left flattered to deceive, but ultimately won't get enough wins for a promotion. Lee and Baz are CMs. 

You may be right, but how can a right footed players playing on the right unbalance the side?.

Guest Copthorneowl
50 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd take Pardew in a heartbeat, even if just to the end of the season and review then. This season is already a write off in terms of any prpmotion aspirations, it would be nice just once to go to a game and be entertained.

"This season is a write off in terms of promotion aspirations" We've played 10 games 36 left wow clearly glass half empty person.

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

You may be right, but how can a right footed players playing on the right unbalance the side?.

Not talking about that. I'm referring to our lop-sided approach when we play one winger and a CM who clearly wants to be anywhere other than wide right. It stifles our play. The CBs and the CMs have to play out to the left 75% of the time.

2 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

if you're against carlos' negative approach then wait until you see Karanka's negative tactics

yes he has that promotion under his belt but it's just a warning from boro fans I've spoken too, they were very happy he left & would probably see the end for Rhodes too

9 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

if you're against carlos' negative approach then wait until you see Karanka's negative tactics

yes he has that promotion under his belt but it's just a warning from boro fans I've spoken too, they were very happy he left & would probably see the end for Rhodes too

100%

And he plays with one up top.

With Our striking options one up top would nail the lid down.