Alain Lè Pardeu

It has got to be Pardew time.

Say what you like about him, however his overall record is very impressive. A top flight manager for the majority of his career. He may well be a smug bugger, but I bet he would get us up within a year or two. 

Promotions, Cup Finals, and the Premier League Manager of the Year not too long ago. 

Imagine the scenes seeing this at Wembley in May.

#pardewtime

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Rumours he's been approached twice but not keen on how the club is run.

Before the impressive unbeaten run towards the end of last season I was told by a couple of good sources that he was approached to take over in the summer. That was way before the story broke in one of the papers as well.  As far as I know I don’t think he was interested at the time.

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Interesting if true, and it could be off putting to most British managers who want full control of transfers etc.

Under our system the manager takes the flak for underperfoming players he had little say in bringing to the club.

The Jordan Rhodes situation seemed to sum this up for me.

Carlos saying we can't spend £10million on one player the week before we agree to do just that.

Then no attempt to modify the style of play to find his best form.

If and when Carlos moves on I am pretty sure we won't see the likes of Pardew.

30 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It has got to be Pardew time.

Say what you like about him, however his overall record is very impressive. A top flight manager for the majority of his career. He may well be a smug bugger, but I bet he would get us up within a year or two. 

Promotions, Cup Finals, and the Premier League Manager of the Year not too long ago. 

Imagine the scenes seeing this at Wembley in May.

#pardewtime

giphy.gif

Would be my first choice. 

27 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Before the impressive unbeaten run towards the end of last season I was told by a couple of good sources that he was approached to take over in the summer. That was way before the story broke in one of the papers as well.  As far as I know I don’t think he was interested at the time.

Heard the same. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Really?  Interesting...

For me the future rests in DC's hands. Someone like Pardew, McCarthy is a must now.  A strong man is needed.

The current setup isn't working and things have started to get out of control.

He needs to make some big decisions and quickly before this whole venture goes south. 

Guest Copthorneowl

He clearly didn't rate Bannan and Jack Hunt so that's two who'd be on their way for starters if he came, not that I'm in the Carlos out camp yet.

FWIW I'd never ask anybody who had previously considered we weren't good enough for them that rules out Pearson Pardew and Worthington from memory but sure there are many others.

34 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

That was a rumour by siggi from owlstalk  :laugh:

That thread was amazing. 

Edited by flo

Let's say that the hatchet mob is right and if we lose heavily, or lose and play very badly against Leeds, DC will give Carlos the chop, don't you think that this will only be done if Chansiri already has somebody lined up? If so when was this done and who advised him? The committee before were knowledgeable about football and managed to assemble a head coach, coaching staff and a squad of players that succeeded before they were expected to and got us to within one game of going up in the first season. As far as we know they have gone and we have no idea where DC gets his advice from now. It may be his son, Owlsonline or Fifa 17 for all we know. Do we know who any of these people are? What contacts they have? Which clubs and managers they have worked with in the past and so on?

Now, as there are only signs of us having absolutely useless advisers at the club (regarding most matters associated with football and the running of a successful football club), for the good of the club, wouldn't it be better if DC could bring somebody knowledgeable in to help him choose a suitable replacement for Carlos? If Carlos is going to be moved on (which I do not believe is definitely the case right now) and if there is not already a replacement waiting in the wings? Also, as DC seems to have no advisers worth their salt, shouldn't the replacement be an actual manager, who has more control over the buying and selling of players, so that we do not keep buying players that do not fit in with style of play?

I personally think that our style of play is dictated as much by the quality and ability of the players that we have, as the other way around and although CC has tried a few different formations and our style of play can be fluid at times, our current team mentality is broken, none of the players are strong enough to take control on the pitch and we are struggling not to fall apart completely. Also, our defence struggled last year, not from a lack of coaching or tactics, but from a lack of investment. The fact that we are struggling defensively is not really a big surprise when it has been rubbish for periods when key players were injured last season and pretty much all this season, with a fullback playing in a centre halve's position, Tom Lees looking like he is constantly stressed as a result of that and now a new promising young centre half struggling with the pace and discipline required to play in a hectic EFL defence which is already shell shocked and struggling to keep the fans onside and the opposition offside.

For that reason I think DC will give JVA time to settle in,  or the defence to be stronger if, say Loovens comes back fully fit. When the defence is stronger the team will grow in confidence and the performances and results will improve, but I really cannot see how somebody like Pardew could take the players we have right now and get them to do any better consistently this season, than they will under Carlos. OK, he may get a reaction for a couple of games, but not enough to build a promotion season on, in my opinion anyway and before the season is over people will be sniping at him the same way they are sniping at Carlos now.

Until DC has found a head coach who can or a manager who can come in and run the club properly I don't think he will be pulling the trigger just yet. If he does however, I really really hope that he will not be talked into getting Pardew in. No thank you.

UTO!