Fair play Carlos

Guest RocketOwl

5 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

I have been critical of Carlos this season , but there is an over reaction to Sunday. Does anybody seriously think United will finish above us?

Compare the two managers, Wilder getting all the credit and Carlos getting slaughtered.

Post match , Wilder had loads of digs, Foreign manager, ,foreign owner ,spending money, missing our Captain, Talisman , etc. And look what we did. Cheap and classless. we too had our captain missing, and our midfield strongman, and our talisman, plus others, didnt they bring in a foreign owner who was going to be game changing? Look how that`s turned out.   Did Carlos make excuses no, He told it straight, acted with Class. Praised United, said they, deserved it, and accepted responsibility.

Today's press conference, shows he cares, If I was in the squad for tomorrow, I would  be damn certain, I owed the fans a performance, I owed the manager a performance, and I owed myself a performance.

Time  will tell,  but some times you learn more and find more strength from a kicking than another win. The players now need, to fight back.

I want to see a performance with skill and class, mixed with commitment.Which our squad does possess. Unlike our neighbours, commitment alone  wont get them in the top six, no matter now deluded Wilder is, every dog has its day and they have had theirs. 

Understandably they are milking it , but  I wouldn't  swoop it for the last six years, nor do I see them have a brighter future than us. 

Lets get behind the boys tomorrow night 100% , We are asking the player to show some bottle, time for us to show some too and stick together WAWAW

Does anybody seriously think united will finish above us ? Yes.

we are stale, predictable, slow and lack in passion / direction. 

7 hours ago, hangonrose said:

We drew (and nearly won) at Cardiff - Leeds get thumped tonight.  Wonder if they're after the manager's blood up the M1.  Fickle, so fickle.

I'm supporting our passionate manager - be good if everyone else did...

I like you a lot and I barely even know you this post says everything about you keep it up more of this us needed "Fully behind Carlos" roll on tonight all hail King Carlos 

8 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Passion means fooook all, it's certainly not enough to win football matches. The grunters will find that out soon enough

What is keeping Cardiff going then?

I looked at their team, their squad and no way would I expect them to be up there. We know what it is though, don't we? It's old Colin doing what he's always done, extracting every last ounce of effort out of a very mediocre bunch. Wilder is doing the same. Maybe they will be found out. I suspect it will be too much for them to expect a promotion challenge this season but I don't see a dramatic decline on the horizon for them just yet.

As for Carlos, great show now turn it into a string of solid results - with end product this time!

8 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

I have been critical of Carlos this season , but there is an over reaction to Sunday. Does anybody seriously think United will finish above us?

Compare the two managers, Wilder getting all the credit and Carlos getting slaughtered.

Post match , Wilder had loads of digs, Foreign manager, ,foreign owner ,spending money, missing our Captain, Talisman , etc. And look what we did. Cheap and classless. we too had our captain missing, and our midfield strongman, and our talisman, plus others, didnt they bring in a foreign owner who was going to be game changing? Look how that`s turned out.   Did Carlos make excuses no, He told it straight, acted with Class. Praised United, said they, deserved it, and accepted responsibility.

Today's press conference, shows he cares, If I was in the squad for tomorrow, I would  be damn certain, I owed the fans a performance, I owed the manager a performance, and I owed myself a performance.

Time  will tell,  but some times you learn more and find more strength from a kicking than another win. The players now need, to fight back.

I want to see a performance with skill and class, mixed with commitment.Which our squad does possess. Unlike our neighbours, commitment alone  wont get them in the top six, no matter now deluded Wilder is, every dog has its day and they have had theirs. 

Understandably they are milking it , but  I wouldn't  swoop it for the last six years, nor do I see them have a brighter future than us. 

Lets get behind the boys tomorrow night 100% , We are asking the player to show some bottle, time for us to show some too and stick together WAWAW

Wel, United are still up there.. people said the same about Huddersfield and where are they now?  Away days at Chelsea etc.

They have a system, game plan, a team that plays as a unit and a belief in what they are doing. 

Organised, cohesive and a strategy. Cardiff the same under Colin - he'll probably take them up. 

Basically everything we don't - hence the respective league positions.

Yesterday's PC showed a man panicking and highlighted how all over the place we really are with the current management.

We are throwing away the opportunity provided by DC with CC in change. 

Lose to Leeds and that really is it for me.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Wel, United are still up there.. people said the same about Huddersfield and where are they now?  Away days at Chelsea etc.

They have a system, game plan, a team that plays as a unit and a belief in what they are doing. 

Organised, cohesive and a strategy. Cardiff the same under Colin - he'll probably take them up. 

Yesterday's PC showed a man panicking and highlighted how all over the place we really are with the current management.

September and we are saying who WILL get promoted give it a rest! Far too early to know who has a real chance.

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If you're so impressed with them and so unhappy with us, theres options available to you. I mean, its not like we're comparing Newcastle and Plymouth. The product you laud over is 4 miles down the road and cheaper to get in and watch them... 

11 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

I think we saw the real Carvalhal, not the 'Dr Jekyll' he likes to portray in public, but the arrogant 'Mr Hyde' who comes out when its not going his way, or when somebody upsets him. Like the Bully Boy who every body thinks is a nice guy but go's homes and takes it out of his wife and kids when some thing upsets him, I've seen lots of these types in my job over the years.    

Well that is just a dreadful post.

2 hours ago, ramone said:

If you're so impressed with them and so unhappy with us, theres options available to you. I mean, its not like we're comparing Newcastle and Plymouth. The product you laud over is 4 miles down the road and cheaper to get in and watch them... 

Good grief, one of the daftest posts I have read in ages - the fact is that both United and Cardiff are doing better than us with less resources.

In light of this, we should be doing much better with what have in relation to them -  that was my point.

Jeez - I didnt think I needed to spell out.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Good grief, one of the daftest posts I have read in ages - the fact is that both United and Cardiff are doing better than us with less resources.

In light of this, we should be doing much better with what have in relation to them -  that was my point.

Jeez - I didnt think I needed to spell out.

I might be wrong but league position is not decided after 9 games??

At this moment in time they are, every team can go on a good run, but can they maintain it all season. If your so confident lump your money on Cardiff and Pigs for promotion.

44 minutes ago, S9_OWL said:

I might be wrong but league position is not decided after 9 games??

At this moment in time they are, every team can go on a good run, but can they maintain it all season. If your so confident lump your money on Cardiff and Pigs for promotion.

Cardiff are a decent shout as they have manager who knows how to get teams promoted.

Pigs unknown - but so we're Huddersfield last season 

8 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Passion means fooook all, it's certainly not enough to win football matches. The grunters will find that out soon enough

Pains me to say but they showed more than just passion on Sunday.

Though it's a decent starting point .  Add tactical nous, players that complement each other and a willingness to attack teams and I think they'll be quite safe.

If they keep the momentum up exceed expectations.

Who would people seriously want if cc were to get sack. The continental style coaching setup DC has created seems long term so the likes of megson, pardew,  allerdyce etc would be a step backwards. Gullit or Rijkaard maybe I dunno. 

Edited by S1Owl

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Cardiff are a decent shout as they have manager who knows how to get teams promoted.

Pigs unknown - but so we're Huddersfield last season 

Two big differences, 1) Huddersfield had reasonable cash to spend on players, and brought in decent loan signings with top class pedigrees and have a very modern thinking manager . 

United on the other hand,    

Guest BULGARIA
7 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Two big differences, 1) Huddersfield had reasonable cash to spend on players, and brought in decent loan signings with top class pedigrees and have a very modern thinking manager . 

United on the other hand,    

Do you think Wilder would be doing a better job than Carlos?

Say what you want about Wilder but his record speaks for its self.

Edited by BULGARIA