Fair play Carlos

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

We've seen managers here recently hide from the pressure. Not so long ago Dave Jones was in charge here and cut the figure of someone who was happy to be fired. He had no fight he was a leach on this club near the end. 

Carlos today has shown how much this club means to him. He may lose the next two games and get sacked but no one can ever accuse Carlos for not caring. 

To to be honest the players did bottle it on Sunday but Carlos can't play for them as well. What he can do is start setting the team up further up the pitch. Play Lee and Bannan on Wednesday in the centre but Bannan bit dropping deep all the time.

Carlos showed determination and anger in that interview and most of you on the blob on here wanted an apology. He may not have said sorry but it's clear he's hurting as much as us. 

UTO WAWAW. Happy to judge Carlos after next two games.

Anything can happen in a Derby and unfortunately we lost the plot. We go again.

Yeah, he really faced the music and fair play to him!

Never seen a manager of ours face questions has intense.

Really did show anger and aggression, ashame he didnt show it before the game on sunday!

Wish him the best for the next 2 games but its goung to be tough!

Don't agree.... he dodged questions and just repeated the same old stance. His view that the past has gone and means nothing anymore is exactly the reason that we are performing like we are. If you don't learn from the past then you will continue to make the same mistakes in the future.

His view that we have been excellent this season except for the PNE game is not a view that I share, we scrape results, even taking a forward off at home to defend a one goal advantage!

we could quite conceivably win the reverse fixture at BL but it will inevitably be as a result of stifling the game and hanging on. United came to us, took the game to us and murdered us. Even after scoring 4 they continued to take the game to us.

Personally that's what I want to see from my team. Win, lose or draw I want us to have a go, show passion and try and outscore our opponents. 

And I am totally fed up with hearing how bloody good our opponents are and how difficult a game it will be! 

We are SWFC, let others worry about us!!

• Thanks 2

Guest RocketOwl

If Carlos had shown that much passion to the media before the game and we lost still, we would have said he lost his cool in the heat of battle.

I am sure the players have felt his wrath and that's all we can ask for.

I am starting to feel for him, have a feeling he's not signed many of these players.

These press conferences are absolutely pointless. I am amazed people read so much into them.

you can bang tables all you like, but if you lose your best defender and have to replace him with a player not ready for a game like that, all the passion you show whilst talking to some local rag reporters makes absolutely no difference.

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

These press conferences are absolutely pointless. I am amazed people read so much into them.

you can bang tables all you like, but if you lose your best defender and have to replace him with a player not ready for a game like that, all the passion you show whilst talking to some local rag reporters makes absolutely no difference.

or you can say nowt & be slaughtered for that

Guest RocketOwl

Just seen league table though and bottom half 10 points off top.........really not acceptable no matter how much passion you show in an interview. Lose tomorrow and he has to go.

Let's see in the next two games. Not the results but the performances.  Losses I can take. But no more sideways sideways back. As long as I can say "yep we gave that our best shot and couldn't have done anymore ". I'll take defeat on the chin.

1 hour ago, Gavrobs1 said:

Don't agree.... he dodged questions and just repeated the same old stance. His view that the past has gone and means nothing anymore is exactly the reason that we are performing like we are. If you don't learn from the past then you will continue to make the same mistakes in the future.

His view that we have been excellent this season except for the PNE game is not a view that I share, we scrape results, even taking a forward off at home to defend a one goal advantage!

we could quite conceivably win the reverse fixture at BL but it will inevitably be as a result of stifling the game and hanging on. United came to us, took the game to us and murdered us. Even after scoring 4 they continued to take the game to us.

Personally that's what I want to see from my team. Win, lose or draw I want us to have a go, show passion and try and outscore our opponents. 

And I am totally fed up with hearing how bloody good our opponents are and how difficult a game it will be! 

We are SWFC, let others worry about us!!

Very true - we should be the ones that go out and take it to the opposition ..we have the quality.

The Blunts are nothing special but they were organised, had a plan and every player knew his job - we made them look like Barcelona 

At the moment we are an expensive sports car being driven with the handbrake on.

• Thanks 1

Guest We Shall Overcome

I think we saw the real Carvalhal, not the 'Dr Jekyll' he likes to portray in public, but the arrogant 'Mr Hyde' who comes out when its not going his way, or when somebody upsets him. Like the Bully Boy who every body thinks is a nice guy but go's homes and takes it out of his wife and kids when some thing upsets him, I've seen lots of these types in my job over the years.    

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

I think we saw the real Carvalhal, not the 'Dr Jekyll' he likes to portray in public, but the arrogant 'Mr Hyde' who comes out when its not going his way, or when somebody upsets him. Like the Bully Boy who every body thinks is a nice guy but go's homes and takes it out of his wife and kids when some thing upsets him, I've seen lots of these types in my job over the years.    

Haha. Worst post I've ever read on here. Well done you. Takes some doing.

I have been critical of Carlos this season , but there is an over reaction to Sunday. Does anybody seriously think United will finish above us?

Compare the two managers, Wilder getting all the credit and Carlos getting slaughtered.

Post match , Wilder had loads of digs, Foreign manager, ,foreign owner ,spending money, missing our Captain, Talisman , etc. And look what we did. Cheap and classless. we too had our captain missing, and our midfield strongman, and our talisman, plus others, didnt they bring in a foreign owner who was going to be game changing? Look how that`s turned out.   Did Carlos make excuses no, He told it straight, acted with Class. Praised United, said they, deserved it, and accepted responsibility.

Today's press conference, shows he cares, If I was in the squad for tomorrow, I would  be damn certain, I owed the fans a performance, I owed the manager a performance, and I owed myself a performance.

Time  will tell,  but some times you learn more and find more strength from a kicking than another win. The players now need, to fight back.

I want to see a performance with skill and class, mixed with commitment.Which our squad does possess. Unlike our neighbours, commitment alone  wont get them in the top six, no matter now deluded Wilder is, every dog has its day and they have had theirs. 

Understandably they are milking it , but  I wouldn't  swoop it for the last six years, nor do I see them have a brighter future than us. 

Lets get behind the boys tomorrow night 100% , We are asking the player to show some bottle, time for us to show some too and stick together WAWAW

I think he is right not to dwell on Sunday in the interview.

He said his piece. He acknowledges the disappointment and knows where the errors were. There is nothing he can do about Sunday and is focussed on the next game now, and I reckon the lads will be fired up for it. 

I get the feeling this could be a turning point. Onwards and upwards... 6 points in next two games please. 

5 hours ago, S1Owl said:

We went 2 nil down quick by a free kick and a defensive error. Is that bottling it. We came back then defensive errors again but that's not bottling it. 

When our own manager uses the. excuse of the players being nervous and making errors id say that is definatly bottling it