Carlos Press Conference LIVE NOW

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

The seige mentality approach is exactly the way to go, close rank and come out fighting.

Fergie, Mourihno have been doing this for years.

Now's the time for the players to step up.

This is exactly what CW has done at S2 this season and what we have been crying out for at Hillsborough since the early 90's. 

United set out this year believing that no-one believed they were good enough and that they were certs to get relegated. He has put together a group of players that gives 100% for each other.

We haven't been that type of team since the 90's, the fans and players belief that we should be higher than we are at any given stage has been our downfall. Now it's time to give platitudes to the press and make sure everything that is done within each game speaks volumes for who we are as a club.

33 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

Just watched it all.

I hope Carlos laid into our players with the same gusto after Sunday's diabolical performance.

Let's see what we get tomorrow.

I hope the players have watched it too & realised that their ineptitude on the big stage has resulted in Carlos having to endure the questions, lose confidence from the fans while still protecting the players themselves.

Turning point?

Carlos says everything fans want to hear. This interview is an example of him trying to show “passion”, which of course fans like to see. It doesn’t, however, make his management of this football club any better. 

If anything, he looks like a man that can’t handle criticism. It’s that stubbornness that will ultimately be his undoing.

As nice as it was to actually see a bit of fire I would have preferred to have seen it Sunday......................and i cant believe that just because Carlos throws a strop that all is well again.

He threw a strop cause for once he was asked some relevant questions that hit home...............and if he thinks the performances against QPR, Sunderland and Burton were good then we REALLY do have problems.

Either Carlos is feeling the pressure and has basically lost the plot, or he's showing an ability to adapt and change by recognising that what is needed now is a bit of fire, passion and a rocket up the backside of the squad. If it's the former, we can't get rid of him quick enough, but hopefully it's the latter, in which case he's doing exactly what's needed to save the season.

We're at an inflection point where either we can let the derby totally derail the season and end up floundering in mid-table while a new manager struggles to get his ideas across to a squad he had no input in assembling, or Carlos can show the players that regardless of what's said behind closed doors, he is out there in the public sphere fighting for them and it's about time they did some fighting for him on the pitch.

Suspect we will see a return to calm and classy Carlos at some point, but preferably not before the Leeds game as that's exactly the sort of grudge match needed for us to go out there and start putting things right.

This presser probably represents the start of his last roll of the dice, we'll see if it yields anything.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Either Carlos is feeling the pressure and has basically lost the plot, or he's showing an ability to adapt and change by recognising that what is needed now is a bit of fire, passion and a rocket up the backside of the squad. If it's the former, we can't get rid of him quick enough, but hopefully it's the latter, in which case he's doing exactly what's needed to save the season.

We're at an inflection point where either we can let the derby totally derail the season and end up floundering in mid-table while a new manager struggles to get his ideas across to a squad he had no input in assembling, or Carlos can show the players that regardless of what's said behind closed doors, he is out there in the public sphere fighting for them and it's about time they did some fighting for him on the pitch.

Suspect we will see a return to calm and classy Carlos at some point, but preferably not before the Leeds game as that's exactly the sort of grudge match needed for us to go out there and start putting things right.

This presser probably represents the start of his last roll of the dice, we'll see if it yields anything.

This, he knows it's now or never, lets hope he gets it right

37 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I hope the players have watched it too & realised that their ineptitude on the big stage has resulted in Carlos having to endure the questions, lose confidence from the fans while still protecting the players themselves.

They'll be in bookies.

Showing some passion in a press conference is one thing, - changing the style of play and ensuring that our performances improve significantly, is quite another.  As usual (and in common with many other managers / head coaches), he didn't really answer the questions that were asked, but went off at a tangent almost every time.  

Frankly I'm not convinced that anything will change in terms of how we play / set up for games, and for that reason I'm still in the "Carlos Out" camp.  I will be happy to admit a "big fat wrong" if things change for the better, but I'm not holding my breath!