Carlos Press Conference LIVE NOW

48 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I can see the logic in what he is doing. He was looking at the bigger picture even before the Derby and it makes sense to try and move on and not blow it out of proportion.

But he is burying his head if he thinks our players don't struggle with big games. Yes we won big games to get to the playoffs, but we bottled the top two challenge games, all the games we couldn't afford to lose bar Brighton away in the semis  (where we were fortunate not to be a few down in ten mins) and then this one which you simply need to go to war in at the very least. In my view, a more apologetic/frustrated conference should've taken place from CC on Sunday and then we could move forward. I think RS asked some sensible questions even if they are potentially disruptive. 

I only hope this is a public protection act and a few home truths have been said behind closed doors because Sunday was a furking shambles and a point of embarrassment until we give them a good stuffing some time.

Good points and fine sentiments.

What we need to do is quite simple.

Go at teams from the off.

Don't stop doing this for 90 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Cracking post.

How so?

The entire premise of the thing is how Carlos is responsible for all these alleged poor signings (for anyone keeping score, three of the four signings have been in the squad for the grand total of a month covering 5 league games, with three wins and two draws; Federico has not played, Butterfield had played only 41 minutes, van Aken 360 minutes); when the reality of the situation is that Carlos isn't even in total control of the transfer policy.

And Van Aken's fee is under £3 mil.

And sacking a manager that has taken the team to two successive promotion campaigns is sensible?  If he and his signings are so poor, how come Wednesday have moved from being a mid and bottom table team to a playoff team?

It's a garbage post, through and through.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Blah blah blah. He's had plenty of time to do the talking on the pitch with his team. There might be a small flurry of "Pashun" and "henergy" but it will soon be back to the same boring way. Hutch starts on Wednesday with five across the back. Tippy tappy cack. Three centre midfielders. Wallace on the wing. He said we would play fast attacking football this season. He thinks we've played well in a number of matches. Those are his standards. The first season was out of his control. Hopefully someone new lined up for after the international break. Was the £20 the start of a collection for his air fare? Where do I donate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

How so?

The entire premise of the thing is how Carlos is responsible for all these alleged poor signings (for anyone keeping score, three of the four signings have been in the squad for the grand total of a month covering 5 league games, with three wins and two draws; Federico has not played, Butterfield had played only 41 minutes, van Aken 360 minutes); when the reality of the situation is that Carlos isn't even in total control of the transfer policy.

And Van Aken's fee is under £3 mil.

And sacking a manager that has taken the team to two successive promotion campaigns is sensible?  If he and his signings are so poor, how come Wednesday have moved from being a mid and bottom table team to a playoff team?

It's a garbage post, through and through.

1) Every game is like Groundhog Day. Dull and boring.

2) We may probably have a flurry against Brum and Leeds and then it will return to type 

3) We appear to have a squad of 30 somethings on long big contracts. There has been a constant stream of players signed who never got near the first team but were reportedly on good wages. We are reportedly close to FFP so we cannot sign new players

4) The few players he has signed so far this season appear to be going the same way and not playing

5) Butterfields corners were crap.

Which bit did you not understand? Also Wednesday reach the play offs. Carlos is the manager. Are you confident we'd get promoted ( or even have a shot on target)? 

21 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Blah blah blah. He's had plenty of time to do the talking on the pitch with his team. There might be a small flurry of "Pashun" and "henergy" but it will soon be back to the same boring way. Hutch starts on Wednesday with five across the back. Tippy tappy cack. Three centre midfielders. Wallace on the wing. He said we would play fast attacking football this season. He thinks we've played well in a number of matches. Those are his standards. The first season was out of his control. Hopefully someone new lined up for after the international break. Was the £20 the start of a collection for his air fare? Where do I donate?

I think your right ,we need to go back to what was successful last season .it's not pretty to watch but we are good at playing that way .

I honestly see both sides to the argument but the fact is we had 60+% of the play and had a rare poor defensive performance.  carlos can't really win in this respect.  We sit back and invite pressure and we are solid or we go for it and concede goals.  Maybe the amount of possession was a factor in the defensive performance or maybe the new defensive partnership have not had time to bond.  Ok maybe Carlos can be blamed for not addressing our defensive weaknesses sooner but what if this was not possible.  Frankly I'm willing to believe what was said in the conference and believe that the mistakes won't happen again.  taking the positives out of the game, no one can say it wasn't entertaining, even if it was from the respect that both defences looked poor.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Carlos should have seen early on that we were getting over run in midfield and us constantly trying to attack down the right hand side wasn't working. 

Going all out attack at half time with Joao was also wrong thing to do as we took off our only player we had protecting a already fragile back four.

Not sure I agree here - much as he was taking a risk, it was mitigated by the fact that Jones had done very little to give the back four any protection, United were equally dangerous in both halves. 

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

What complete and utter rubbish.

The opposition score after less than 2 minutes and that's a tactical failure? Mistake tackle, mistake setting up for the free kick.

You're one nil down and your game plan has gone and it's a severe body blow to the players.

Another goal due to players mistake 10 minutes later. Another mistake, not failing tactics. 2-0 and everything is in tatters. Game plan, confidence, morale.

Second half the change made us look like a decent team and produced a goal. No tactical failing there.

We concede again within a minute or two. Was that failing tactics or lack of concentration and another mistake by the players? 

Another big body blow. Could any tactics recover from this?

Another player(s) error for the fourth.

The players let Carlos down and let us down.

I do think the majority of the blame has to go to the players, as Carlos picked what looked like the best team available and it's hard to blame him for any issues with how we were set up given within two minutes we were a goal down, the players panicking and any idea of a coherent plan had flown out of the window. That said - Carlos does have to be held accountable for part of the mentality of the squad, it's down to him to ensure they don't lose their heads if they concede an early goal but in this case we did and it meant Leon f***ing Clarke had a field day against us.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Good points and fine sentiments.

What we need to do is quite simple.

Go at teams from the off.

Don't stop doing this for 90 minutes.

I agree we need to get on the front foot. I don't think we can be expected to do it all game though, there will always be lulls and bits where you need to manage a game.

For example when we have got back to 2-2 with 15 mins left...make sure we manage the game for a few mins before leaving yourself gaping to an instant response. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I agree we need to get on the front foot. I don't think we can be expected to do it all game though, there will always be lulls and bits where you need to manage a game.

For example when we have got back to 2-2 with 15 mins left...make sure we manage the game for a few mins before leaving yourself gaping to an instant response. 

Of course I agree with that.

But there's no escaping the fact that that oppos know they're going to have an easy first 45.

6 hours ago, Miffed said:

Do I have to have watched the video to know what has been said? Its all been posted on here, besides you've started enough threads about it already

No miffed don't because it's half an hour of quotes and Carlos should be a politician because he kept avoiding questions with rubbish talk and it half an hour il never get back but that's in the past so may leave it there, actions speak louder than words as a few have said here for me too so hasn't changed my view, cc out 

5 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Andy Giddings Rob Staton Tony Pritchett Kelvin McKenzie - who cares about journalists who need drama to keep them in a job and get paid for winding people up.

Journos can take  all this trumped up Derby day hysteria and shove it up the big girls blouses that they're  wearing! 

RS reporters walk a tight rope. "Winding people up" actually puts their jobs at risk. SWFC probably makes up 1/3 of RS sports coverage. If one of them winds up the club and they get banned their role at RS becomes untenable.

Fergie at ManU depended on that threat and it also happened here about 10 years ago. I forget the guys name, but Wednesday didn't like his approach, banned him and he left RS pretty soon after.

I welcome Statton and Gids asking the difficult questions, that (some) fans want asking.

2 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

RS reporters walk a tight rope. "Winding people up" actually puts their jobs at risk. SWFC probably makes up 1/3 of RS sports coverage. If one of them winds up the club and they get banned their role at RS becomes untenable.

Fergie at ManU depended on that threat and it also happened here about 10 years ago. I forget the guys name, but Wednesday didn't like his approach, banned him and he left RS pretty soon after.

I welcome Statton and Gids asking the difficult questions, that (some) fans want asking.

Can't remember a rs reporter getting banned. Remember a newspaper reporter getting banned.

But the regime at the time was a bit mad.