Carlos Press Conference LIVE NOW

Just now, nile said:

We were out done tactically, the half time sub confirmed it.

we expect to be able to be at our best every game with the same system and formation.

you can not lay all the blame at the players feet when Carlos gets out smarted.

Given our recent results before Sunday  would you have set us up any differently to what Carlos did? Big gamble to change tactics and formations before a derby game. Don't agree we got done tactically most the players just didn't turn up.

6 minutes ago, nile said:

we expect to be able to be at our best every game with the same system and formation.

You can not lay all the blame on the manager, which is all you and a lot of others are doing.

Just now, nile said:

his record suggests he doesn't get outsmarted very often .......we all saw what happened it would be very easy for carlos to say when your centre backs mess up for all 4 goals it makes things difficult  but not once to my knowledge as he laid the blame on any players .

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Given our recent results before Sunday  would you have set us up any differently to what Carlos did? Big gamble to change tactics and formations before a derby game. Don't agree we got done tactically most the players just didn't turn up.

Carlos should have seen early on that we were getting over run in midfield and us constantly trying to attack down the right hand side wasn't working. 

Going all out attack at half time with Joao was also wrong thing to do as we took off our only player we had protecting a already fragile back four.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

his record suggests he doesn't get outsmarted very often .......we all saw what happened it would be very easy for carlos to say when your centre backs mess up for all 4 goals it makes things difficult  but not once to my knowledge as he laid the blame on any players .

I quoted a post from someone blaming the players, my argument is you can’t just blame the players when we have to make a tactical sub at halftime.

we get told we win together and lose together, it was an all round shambles from everyone.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Carlos should have seen early on that we were getting over run in midfield and us constantly trying to attack down the right hand side wasn't working. 

Going all out attack at half time with Joao was also wrong thing to do as we took off our only player we had protecting a already fragile back four.

Going all out at half time was absolutely the right thing to do at 2-0 down he threw the dice and for a time it worked. 

14 minutes ago, nile said:

What complete and utter rubbish.

The opposition score after less than 2 minutes and that's a tactical failure? Mistake tackle, mistake setting up for the free kick.

You're one nil down and your game plan has gone and it's a severe body blow to the players.

Another goal due to players mistake 10 minutes later. Another mistake, not failing tactics. 2-0 and everything is in tatters. Game plan, confidence, morale.

Second half the change made us look like a decent team and produced a goal. No tactical failing there.

We concede again within a minute or two. Was that failing tactics or lack of concentration and another mistake by the players? 

Another big body blow. Could any tactics recover from this?

Another player(s) error for the fourth.

The players let Carlos down and let us down.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Thanks 1

Carlos is our manager. He's a great manager. We should really be behind him until he's not our manager anymore. That decision is Chansiri's. The stamp your feet, want it now fans have a persuasive argument especially because we just lost a derby game but if Carlos goes it does not mean that someone comes in with a magic wand and gets us out of this division. Look whats happened to other teams who have given in to the boo boys. 

It's damn hard losing to the Pigs but those of us that have been around for a while know revenge will come soon enough. We're  resilient as flip at Hillsborough, please lets not turn into shoe wavers. When we bounce back lets do it together and wave those 20's in the scrubbers faces.

I like that he has let his gaurd down, shown his feelings and while Giddings is an appalling journalist, did ask some decent questions to be fair and pursued the point as far as he could.

I do think from watching that, the bubble in which they seem to exist has been penetrated and they now understand that there are a growing number of fans who are not happy. However, I think he is genuinly deluded over his assessment of some performances, apart from isolated halves, only the Forest performance was decent.

Looks like a man under pressure, my opinion has not changed, Expect him to get the next two games and would like a new man in place over the international break. 

Edited by striker

Just now, pazowl55 said:

At 2-0 down it probably would have been yeah. But not at 2-1.

Jones added absolutely nothing in that first half offensively or defensively. I'm  also pretty sure having Jones on the pitch would have had zero baring on the 3rd and 4th goals both defensive errors.

19 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

This

This (these)

4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

What complete and utter rubbish.

The opposition score after less than 2 minutes and that's a tactical failure? Mistake tackle, mistake setting up for the free kick.

You're one nil down and your game plan has gone and it's a severe body blow to the players.

Another goal due to players mistake 10 minutes later. Another mistake, not failing tactics. 2-0 and everything is in tatters. Game plan, confidence, morale.

Second half the change made us look like a decent team and produced a goal. No tactical failing there.

We concede again within a minute or two. Was that failing tactics or lack of concentration and another mistake by the players? 

Another big body blow. Could any tactics recover from this?

Another player(s) error for the fourth.

The players let Carlos down and let us down.

So you were happy with our first half performance and the threat we created?

we were over run in midfield and outwide.

yes there were very bad errors from our defence, but if we weren’t defending so much they wouldn’t have happened in the first place.

we were utter garbage 1st half in all departments because we couldn’t play the way we like too.

10 minutes ago, nile said:

Quote me where I have just blamed the manager.

It's obvious what you meant, I have never seen you saying the players deserve even 0.1% of the blame, it's always Carlos Carlos Carlos.

EDIT: I see in the post above mine you'd managed to do it, good... It needs to be mentioned more.

Edited by Carbone

1 minute ago, nile said:

So you were happy with our first half performance and the threat we created?

we were over run in midfield and outwide.

yes there were very bad errors from our defence, but if we weren’t defending so much they wouldn’t have happened in the first place.

we were utter garbage 1st half in all departments because we couldn’t play the way we like too.

So without the benefit of hindsight what would your team have been for Sunday?