Carlos Press Conference LIVE NOW

Up to the players now, Carlos has defended them to the hilt and I think performances over the next two games will be a gauge of how much they respect their head coach. Like Carlos or not it was the players that spectacularly let him down on Sunday. Nobody argued against his team line up it was spot on over current form. I don't buy the Carlos should have got them revved up argument either everyone of those players knew what was at stake. They froze and let down their fans and gaffer, who instead of making up excuses and blaming mistakes has fronted up, and took full responsibility. The media want their pound of flesh because it sells papers, but from tomorrow night onwards the players should be answering questions with performances on the pitch and help cut some much needed slack on Carlos.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Up to the players now, Carlos has defended them to the hilt and I think performances over the next two games will be a gauge of how much they respect their head coach. Like Carlos or not it was the players that spectacularly let him down on Sunday. Nobody argued against his team line up it was spot on over current form. I don't buy the Carlos should have got them revved up argument either everyone of those players knew what was at stake. They froze and let down their fans and gaffer, who instead of making up excuses and blaming mistakes has fronted up, and took full responsibility. The media want their pound of flesh because it sells papers, but from tomorrow night onwards the players should be answering questions with performances on the pitch and help cut some much needed slack on Carlos.

Agree. I respect him for charting the course he has since Sunday; I know many others would have preferred a different approach but I get why he's doing it. They've got some serious repayment to show now, CC was/is in no way obliged to fall on his sword to 'protect' them - at least not the more experienced and high-earning ones, in career terms we've got some big lads in our team - and they majorly owe him one.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Some people are easily pleased if your happy with that.

the man is in denial, he answers any difficult question with either a mid placed rant at the jounalist or a ridiculous analogy  that has no bearing on the situation.

he thinks we have only played badly twice all season, Preston and Sunday.

football matches are 90 mins long Carlos, playing well for 30/45 mins each game after the damage has been done doesn’t class as playing well in my eyes.

found the whole thing cringeworthy if I’m honest.

6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Top post, I agree with every word pal.

I've not watched it, Ive only read the comments on here.

Quite frankly I'm fed up of the talk. Its just more words...... words and talk yet again! We've heard it since the beginning of the season, from Carlos and the players.

Article after article saying we cant afford a slow start to the season. Cant afford to be playing catchup. Articles from Carlos at the start of the season saying he wants to repay the fans for their support and loyalty. Articles from players saying that they are up for games, such as Rangers in the friendly, Preston first game of the season, the derby game etc etc

As fans, we stick to our side of the bargain. We turn up, in numbers and in support.... the players and manager have let us down in too many big games. Its about time they stopped spouting empty words and started delivering.

I'm sorry but this changes nothing for me. I'm still fuming about the derby result and a shouty press conference with more "talk" wont change that.... weve heard it all before.

Its time for action now and not words Carlos!! 

He was angry cos he underestimated the Derby, he underestimated what it means to fans...

Sure its gone and theres f.ook all you can do bar forget it, but remembering and knowing how important it is at the time, is a prerequisite, I don't think he grasped that pre match, nor did some of the players.

Giddings?? typical Journo, his frequent..."Some fans think that, most fans think this....Instead of saying.."I thought you played garbage"

I reckon the only thing that come out of this is that we might see what the players think of Carlos, he might be to blame for a large percentage of what happened, but he's saved some of them from some difficult questions.

On to Brum then, see if they can pay some back, cos another couple of bad results and it will become pretty indefensible won't it?

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Should have shown this spirit nearly 2 years ago.This isn't the real Carlos sadly just a reflection of the pressure he's under.

He's never been taken to task and he doesn't like it, done exactly what Mourinho does when pressed.

must be a Portuguese thing

Meh

While it's nice to see Carlos going mental for a change it doesn't change much for me. 

Unless we see a real change in approach, an upturn of tempo or just see the players show some bloody bottle then it will all just be more bluster.

We'll see Wednesday night.

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Do I have to have watched the video to know what has been said? Its all been posted on here, besides you've started enough threads about it already

You'll be glad you watched it if you've got a spare 30 minutes mate.

Remember the outcry when CC appeared to throw Jordan Rhodes under the bus over his penalty refusal? Not sure that's worked in the long term. Easy to let emotions rule and lash out at the players but CC's approach with this is the way to go. Those who can remember some of the rubbish we've put up with in the past know how lucky we currently are in terms of management and investment. If I was a player I'd appreciate the public protection from my manager and would try my best to repay the faith. We'll see.

24 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

We were out done tactically, the half time sub confirmed it.

we expect to be able to be at our best every game with the same system and formation.

you can not lay all the blame at the players feet when Carlos gets out smarted.