The solution sadly is...

Ok, so we have days when somebody plays badly or a section of the team have an off day. That happens in all teams in all walks of life day in, day out. We get over it and move on. We support individuals, change processes, review and refocus, learning and improving as we go.

Last Sunday was the most abject failure of command I have ever seen at Sheffield Wednesday- and I have seen several over nearly sixty years. This was not an issue of confidence or talent or belief, but a failure of management to inspire and motivate. A failure to plan effectively, a failure of tactics and selection, a failure of intervention. I believe everyone should support the manager and I have always stood for Carlos who clearly has taken the team forward towards promotion. However, the excuse of a performance on Sunday is his fault. The lack of ambition (for that is what was there for all to see) the inability to chase and run and strive for victory is a failure of inspiration and that is down to Carlos. 

Sometimes, it's not enough just to care. We need someone who bleeds Sheffield Wednesday, a blue and white version of Chris Wilder. 

Sorry Carlos, it's time to go.

Gary, you're back on- and pick up Brian Laws' scarf on the way in!

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

The players are grown men. They know the difference between trying and not. I don't know why they didn't commit more to the cause on Sunday but I doubt it was because they were told not to. They did not want to basically. I want to know the reason for that. 

Really?

Carlos admits to not treating the game any differently, so that means slow and laborious football until we concede a goal and decide to actually have a go. 

Surely the the players are taking on board what CC tells them?

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

The players are grown men. They know the difference between trying and not. I don't know why they didn't commit more to the cause on Sunday but I doubt it was because they were told not to. They did not want to basically. I want to know the reason for that. 

Its all whats in the head/mind games, wilder got it right, cc didn't and its not the first time

14 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I certainly do think they were told to start slowly because that's what happens every first half and it was only a matter of time before it cost us 

Just now, markg said:

I certainly do think they were told to start slowly because that's what happens every first half and it was only a matter of time before it cost us 

It cost us v Sunderland because they scored v early and we should have beaten a very poor side. 

It almost cost us v Brentford. 

Theres just 2. Look back to last season when KL rescued us on more than one occasion. It's what infuriates fans most - our slow starts - and it's obviously what Wilder picked up on. 

But the most annoying game was the Huddersfield one - in fact both ties. We absolutely should have beaten them easily, we had the better players and squad. But again CC chose caution and it was our downfall. The best chance we had to go up and we surrendered it with a whimper. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Fan-phucking-tastiic!  Another Carlos out thread. Isn't there enough if these ???

Well unless Carlos walks away or DC fires him, all the 'Carlos out' protagonists are wasting their time. But it happens, can you imagine how Arsene Wenger feels, the first time in the history of the Premier League that 75 points didn't ensure a top 4 position and folk are calling for his head? I reckon that like him, Carlos will stay calm and carry on, arguing with the great unread only confuses onlookers

29 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Really?

Carlos admits to not treating the game any differently, so that means slow and laborious football until we concede a goal and decide to actually have a go. 

Surely the the players are taking on board what CC tells them?

The last manager to lose a Derby game and say it was only another match lost his job.

Exit Brian Robson.

Has CC said anything else on the subject as i don't listen to his pre or post match interviews anymore.

Bores me shitless

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know what you mean

His first derby game has been a huge learning curve 

His first Steel City derby game.

Carlos has worked out in Turkey - I dread to think what would happen to a coach out there if his team turned out a performance in a derby game like that which we had to suffer on Sunday. 

WTF:

If the players cannot be motivated by 3 & 1/2 sides of the ground rammed & bouncing then we have problems.....I thought we had overcome the fear of playing at home scenario.............tell the players about the fear of going to a proper job on Monday just to have the p!ss taken by piggy workmates........and doing that for annual pay equating to your one weeks...........you let us down AGAIN !!