the bouncing day massacre

8 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

i'm afraid we are going to have to live with this,FOR EVER!

cant deny it sound catchy tho.

No we aren't, they only beat us by two goals. We caught them on a good day they caught us on a bad. Some right over dramatisations from a section of both sets of fans. It'll all be forgotten about, if we turn them over at the Lane. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

They're so desperate to try and avenge the Boxing Day massacre that this just smacks of more desperation.

It was hardly winning by 4 clear goals was it. They won by 2 goals. Just like when we beat them 2-0 those times, just like when we beat them 3-1 that time. Where they massacres? No ...and neither was this.Just laugh in their faces and make their pathetic attempts seem futile.

Yeah they hammered us, just like we've hammered them in the past, but this was no massacre and has little consequence at the minute, unlike a all the cup games we've beaten them in, the semi final, the mind the gap game and the Boxing Day Massacre.

Keep clutching at those straws like that and your totters will get sore.

As daft as it sounds I stayed til the end just hoping to god they didn't catch us on the break and make it 5, I think that would have been considered a hammering. At least 4-2 is a relatively normal score. Same as 2-0 goal difference wise and 2-1 pro-rated down.

Don't get me wrong Sunday hurt like he'll but for blades to think this somehow auto corrects the past is crap.

Heard some of em start using the mind the gap reference again which makes no flipping sense in the slightest. 

Still we've got to accept the stick as we'd have given it out. At least there's another derby this season to claw back some bragging rights.

Edited by nickswfc

13 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

flipping scrubbers. Desperate or what. They won by 2 goals. They get the bragging rights, but thats about it. A massacre is officially a 4 plus goal margin. 

Don't give any reason to think this was a massacre, was it roger.

But the 'boxing day massacre' was only a three goal margin. 

• Haha 3

Just now, BarnseyB said:

Oh bobbar, you're right. Suppose it was a massacre. 

Things get a bit foggy when you weren't born. 

To be honest, although the scoreline was only 2-1, the biggest massacre I can remember between the two sides was Wembley 1993. I can't remember a more one sided semi final than that. Credi were it's due, I can't fault Alan Kelly's contribution to the narrowness of the scoreline.

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be honest, although the scoreline was only 2-1, the biggest massacre I can remember between the two sides was Wembley 1993. I can't remember a more one sided semi final than that. Credi were it's due, I can't fault Alan Kelly's contribution to the narrowness of the scoreline.

Yep. For me that was a massacre. We played 'em off of the park.

Ultimately, some of us can 'hide' behind Sunday's scoreline and deny it was a massacre but I don't agree; pigs hammered us and we were lucky to only lose by a two goal margin.