Wilders post-match 'victory' / 'victimhood' comments

So his side win 4-2 and as most have said, fair play to them - better tactics and wanted it more.

Yet after the match he starts giving it about us saying 'pub league' and 'always in our shadow'.

The guy for all his football brain clearly has a short memory. It was their lot - not just the fans, but the likes of McCabe and Warnock - who started the 'light years ahead' and 'pub league' comments.

Its their lot who cried about Tevez for years and tried to sue Sheffield Council when Hillsborough was shortlisted for the World Cup.

Even in victory they play the hard-done-by victims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've ripped the pee out of them for 6 years, they're bound to have a moment in the sun.

Let's be fair, every one of us to a man would have rammed it down their throats if we'd won the game yesterday.

Wilder as a Blades fan is rightly going to be proud of turning us over............can't blame him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought the same. His comments, while not triumphalist, came across as very mealy mouthed and slightly undignified. Unlike Carlos he's a sweaty, unintelligent and fairly class-less individual but also unlike Carlos he's getting the absolute maximum from his resources. 

• Like 2

Much as it hurts, we have to let the c**t enjoy his moment in the sun. It's cheap and shows a lack of class, but his whole management style is in fitting with the whole Sheffield United "us versus the world" ideology. Frustrating as it is - it works a treat sometimes, managers like Mourinho use it at the very top level, always sniping at others and lording it over whoever they've beaten. I'm absolutely convinced that Steve Evans will manage United one day, another loud-mouthed berk always ranting about some injustice or other while securingly amnoyingly good results out on the pitch.

• Like 1

I thought Wilder was totally classless in that interview. By referencing how much they'd spent compared to us, he knew full well that he would be piling extra pressure onto Carlos - a man he supposedly likes and respects.

Not that I expected anything less. When it boils down to it, they're still an incredibly bitter bunch with a huge chip on their collective shoulder.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Much as it hurts, we have to let the c**t enjoy his moment in the sun. It's cheap and shows a lack of class, but his whole management style is in fitting with the whole Sheffield United "us versus the world" ideology. Frustrating as it is - it works a treat sometimes, managers like Mourinho use it at the very top level, always sniping at others and lording it over whoever they've beaten. I'm absolutely convinced that Steve Evans will manage United one day, another loud-mouthed berk always ranting about some injustice or other while securingly amnoyingly good results out on the pitch.

There might be one way to stop that from happening. Get in there first...

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, snaykz said:

I thought Wilder was totally classless in that interview. By referencing how much they'd spent compared to us, he knew full well that he would be piling extra pressure onto Carlos - a man he supposedly likes and respects.

Not that I expected anything less. When it boils down to it, they're still an incredibly bitter bunch with a huge chip on their collective shoulder.

Its a rehash of the Basset days, and to a lesser degree Warnock era - always going on at our 'millions'. When Wilko, Big Ron and Tricky Trev were doing well, you never heard them once reference them - in anyway. Even when they have some success they need to mention us first.

14 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

I get that he can gloat about the win but he still plays the 'poor old hard-done-by us' tune. Even when they got promoted McCabe had some odd dig about our youth.

I dont recall our hierarchy ever putting stuff like that on the public record. 

Spot on, on the the day they got promoted the obesession and the little brother woe is me syndrome still came to the fore

Edited by nuneatonowl1

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Long way back for you yesterday pal?

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Aye it was a long day. Up at 4.30, 6 hour Megabus trip, tram from Meadowhall full of piggy tramps and then rewarded with that. Suffice to say the journey back felt twice as long.

Thought about you leaving yesterday 

If it makes it any easier for you I can pick you up at Preston for Bolton Game save hanging around for change..