Loovens

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

He is frustrating with how long he takes on the ball but he is missed. We don't concede 4 when Loovens plays.

Loovens is the leader at the back and he will be crucial to a top 6 finish.

Van Aken is better on the ball but who cares when you concede 4.

Fans have blinkers on about Van Allen cos they like to watch kick the ball a really long way. The lad can't defend for toffee. 

We we miss our captain fantastic so much. Tom Lees looks like a conference defender with out him next to him. 

Will be a massive boost when Glen is back 

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

He is frustrating with how long he takes on the ball but he is missed. We don't concede 4 when Loovens plays.

I remember going to Fulham and losing 4-0. Loovens played that day and was an absolute liability.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Agreed. Van aken is good with the ball but I'm not impressed with his defending. Very poor for 3 of their goals yesterday and one against Forest. Needs taking out of the side

Guest RocketOwl

Loovens has been part of a defensive unit for the past three seasons that has kept clean sheet after clean sheet.

We need his intelligence and experience for these next two games.

Cannot see Carlos not playing him if he is fit.

Probably time for Hutchinson too - last season when we dipped in form he came in and led to a turnaround in results.

If Loovens playing has such good effect on his partner (Lees) perhaps we should try a combination of Loovens/Van Aken.

IMO Van Aken shows real potential to become a very good CB but he is young and inexperienced at this level. I'm sure playing alongside Loovens would help him learn his job and help him settle in the team.

So what about Lees?           Try three at the back?:columbo:

Agree hes a proper defender he can hardly run at times and his passing is dodgy but he never looks worried when defending and knows when to take one for the team. His main attribute is his talking though, lees cant lead he doesnt talk enough and hes half the player when loovens is injured. 

Sadly van aken looks a long way off for the money spent he looks a poorer player than sasso and hutch should be ahead of him in the pecking order at cb although he maybe needed in cm.

We should be looking towards what Venancio has to offer too.

With hindsight we missed Loovens yesterday, but van Aken and Lees had very good games against Cardiff - what makes anyone think that Clarke's movement would've been too much for either of them.

I just can't say I saw yesterday's defensive display coming. I don't believe anyone can truly say that in fact.

How can you  defend the centre when you see Hunt and Reach outside you. CBs were getting drawn all over the shot trying to dig those two out of a hole. The number of times the line was lost by the full back trotting out behind like a summer stroll was shocking. Reach was ripped a new one yesterday he was exposed for what he is a bang average wide player being shoe horned into a left back position. No leader at the back working the team.  

1 minute ago, cowl said:

We should be looking towards what Venancio has to offer too.

With hindsight we missed Loovens yesterday, but van Aken and Lees had very good games against Cardiff - what makes anyone think that Clarke's movement would've been too much for either of them.

I just can't say I saw yesterday's defensive display coming. I don't believe anyone can truly say that in fact.

Of all people, I wouldn't have previously thought it possible for Leon Clarke to be too fast in his movement...

17 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I said the same all week before the game if Loovens is anywhere near fit he must play because as much as he has his faults, he is the one true leader we have got and his experience was desperately missed yesterday. Lees is not captain material for me.

Agree. It's absolutely bizarre lees is captain. Quiet bloke and not a leader. Doesn't say a word on the pitch.