'Try again'

0wl18

During his interview with Radio Sheffield yesterday, Carlos was asked what he thought to certain players performances. He gave his usual skirting around the question answer claiming he was the one to blame etc. Rob pushed him though and claimed in these situations after a derby loss in such horrific fashion, the players have to take some repsonsibility. Carlos disagreed and absolutely astounded me. He claims he doesn't pull players up on bad performances, doesn't call them out on mistakes but, just tells the to try again? This is the 2nd division of English football not the under 7's ffs. No wonder we go around in circles. Hunt, Jones, Lees, Van Aken, Reach and Westwood all put in a 4/10 performance yesterday. If they try again i'm sure they'll get it right. 

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Maybe he thinks he needs to treat the players like adults ,maybe Staton can ask the players at the next press conference,that would make a change from scapegoating the manager

Well If I have a bobbar day at work, I'm held responsible and i'll get a bollocking as a result. Staton wasn't scapegoating the manager, he was putting it in the olayers saying they simply weren't good enough.

Just now, 0wl18 said:

Well If I have a bobbar day at work, I'm held responsible and i'll get a bollocking as a result. Staton wasn't scapegoating the manager, he was putting it in the olayers saying they simply weren't good enough.

Just now, 0wl18 said:

I wasn't accusing Staton of scapegoating the manager, it is a general observation of what happens,let Staton ask the hard questions to the players who failed to turn up(again)

7 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

What does your boss say when the media come to chat to him about it?

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

What does your boss say when the media come to chat to him about it?

The answer he gave Implies his reaction is the same behind closed doors. If he was to say I won't be singling anyone out for criticism, thats an internal matter the fair enough.

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

The answer he gave Implies his reaction is the same behind closed doors. If he was to say I won't be singling anyone out for criticism, thats an internal matter the fair enough.

So Van Aken for instance, you don't think the manager/coaches will have a chat to him about, for example, picking up players when pushing up? Or is it more a good old fashioned shouting at that you're interested in?

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So Van Aken for instance, you don't think the manager/coaches will have a chat to him about, for example, picking up players when pushing up? Or is it more a good old fashioned shouting at that you're interested in?

Each individual player has to be handled differently. Shouting works for some. Disappointed dad approach works for others. Whatever the approach, trying again simply isn't working.

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

Each individual player has to be handled differently. Shouting works for some. Disappointed dad approach works for others. Whatever the approach, trying again simply isn't working.

You didn't really answer my question. So you think that Carlos and the coaches won't provide feedback on things that can be improved? He'll just say to them 'try again' on Wednesday?

I very much doubt he won't have torn into them after the match...well he certainly should have done. 

We all know that he usually tries to put a positive spin on the situation and diffuse things after a poor result. 

The only time I can recall him being negative post-match was Boro a few years back and Preston this season. 

Needless to say, this is by some distance the worst performance of his entire tenure. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

You didn't really answer my question. So you think that Carlos and the coaches won't provide feedback on things that can be improved? He'll just say to them 'try again' on Wednesday?

The question answers itself. The way in which the feedback is given is the important part. 

Embarrassing individual players on the radio won't help us. What Carlos does behind the scenes might be another matter.  

That's why he's a manager and you lot aren't.  

And organising a poll on sacking cc minutes after losing at home to our arch rivals is poll fixing on a scale which western Ukraine would be proud of. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I very much doubt he won't have torn into them after the match...well he certainly should have done. 

He has said before that he never does post mortems immediately after a match. He lets emotions subside so he can be more objective.

It is clear that he protects the players from the press and the public but I don't believe nothing is said about poor performances behind closed doors, whatever he says in an interview.

48 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

During his interview with Radio Sheffield yesterday, Carlos was asked what he thought to certain players performances. He gave his usual skirting around the question answer claiming he was the one to blame etc. Rob pushed him though and claimed in these situations after a derby loss in such horrific fashion, the players have to take some repsonsibility. Carlos disagreed and absolutely astounded me. He claims he doesn't pull players up on bad performances, doesn't call them out on mistakes but, just tells the to try again? This is the 2nd division of English football not the under 7's ffs. No wonder we go around in circles. Hunt, Jones, Lees, Van Aken, Reach and Westwood all put in a 4/10 performance yesterday. If they try again i'm sure they'll get it right. 

thats what he tells us. probably different behind the scenes

43 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Embarrassing individual players on the radio won't help us. What Carlos does behind the scenes might be another matter.  

That's why he's a manager and you lot aren't.  

And organising a poll on sacking cc minutes after losing at home to our arch rivals is poll fixing on a scale which western Ukraine would be proud of. 

Poll fixing?