The demise?

Just now, W14Owl said:

Look, I am hugely disappointed with today's result. But when was the last time you came away from a game thinking - wow, that was a genuinely vibrant, passionate Wednesday performance? 

Last wednesday when i had serviced the  missus 

• Haha 6

It's a great point you make. No one does - we just canter along. It's one dimensional, static, slow and predictable football.

You know what to expect before a ball is even kicked. Literally zero pace in the starting 11 today! We do OK but that's all it is...OK.... it's not lobster or sardines. It's more Cod.

10 million pound Rhodes doesn't suddenly become bobbar overnight. Our tactics do not compliment his style of play. So I ask, why was he signed in the first place?

I could go all night with reasons to be unhappy at the state of things but trying to remind myself of darker times. Two top 6 seasons is fantastic but the current setup will not get this club to the premier league.

Sigh

So we're talking a minimum of 10-12 games of utter turgid football where we've scraped points against those we should have beaten and lost against those we should have shown at least a modicum of fight against.

Coupled with the total shambles the commercial side of the club seem to revel in ("150 years of one of oldest clubs in English football - so let's go off piste and design everything in house. Although by "in house" we mean we have no clue who'll do it").

We're 10th. I know it's not as bad as the lower reaches of league one. But still, this is depressing. 

18 minutes ago, W14Owl said:

Look, I am hugely disappointed with today's result. But when was the last time you came away from a game thinking - wow, that was a genuinely vibrant, passionate Wednesday performance? 

Many times, especially when the old lady is rocking, unfortunately our performance today was neither passionate or vibrant, end of...

5 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

It's a great point you make. No one does - we just canter along. It's one dimensional, static, slow and predictable football.

You know what to expect before a ball is even kicked. Literally zero pace in the starting 11 today! We do OK but that's all it is...OK.... it's not lobster or sardines. It's more Cod.

10 million pound Rhodes doesn't suddenly become bobbar overnight. Our tactics do not compliment his style of play. So I ask, why was he signed in the first place?

I could go all night with reasons to be unhappy at the state of things but trying to remind myself of darker times. Two top 6 seasons is fantastic but the current setup will not get this club to the premier league.

Sigh

And yet so many were adamant close season CC be given another season.

Absolutely mental

DC's worst decision.

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

And yet so many were adamant close season CC be given another season.

Absolutely mental

DC's worst decision.

I hate saying it but he has to go now.

I hope I'm eating my hat come 2018 but I severely doubt it. A positive experiment that is now drawing to close.

10 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

You mean after we’de fecked it up in 4 or 5 games to put it to bed only to give the Taff’s a beliefe they could do it?

Reyt!....

The performamce was good was it not?

The question wasnt about what happened in the games previous to it was it?