Too many players

Guest Deleted member

You know I cant believe the fans on here tonight trying to shrug today off as a bad day at the office. It was more akin to a long period of bad trading, last season continuing to this season culminating with the receivers finally being called in. Our recruitment has been poor since the play off final. Our midfield is soft with no punch and we have wide players that struggle to put a decent cross into the box. Where is the domineering central midfielder that can win headers, tackle and pass? We have had the money and could have consolidated the numerous squad players into a solid first teamer. Today showed that there is plenty of froth at Wednesday and little substance and once again Carlos's clique of favourites yet again failed to turn up for a big game. They have no pressure on them whatsoever from our infinite number of players that must be costing the club an absolute fortune and probably seem happy to pick up a fat pay cheque for doing nothing.

12 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

The size of the squad has got nothing to do with the performance today

I don't think it was just because of lack of pace either. 

Too many players lost individual battles, Fletcher lost his battles up front, got dominated by 2 central defenders. 

Kieren Lee lost most of his midfield battles and at back Lees and Van Aken got bullied by Clarke. 

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I don't think it was just because of lack of pace either. 

Too many players lost individual battles, Fletcher lost his battles up front, got dominated by 2 central defenders. 

Kieren Lee lost most of his midfield battles and at back Lees and Van Aken got bullied by Clarke. 

Their 3 central defenders outnumbered our strikers. Their 3 central midfielders outnumbered our 2 central midfielders. With space oppening out wide we did little. Or to be precise, we put many crosses in, but they lacked in quality.