Too many players

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Us. Far too many.

Stupid squad size, far too many players who will never be involved, how anybody can install a team ethic into a squad of over 30 is beyond me.

Weve even brought a player in on loan before van Aken who's struggling to make the squad, intact we brought in vanAken and Venancio to replace just 1 player in Sasso.

Stop playing bloody Football Manager with a real life Football Club ffs

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Us. Far too many.

Stupid squad size, far too many players who will never be involved, how anybody can install a team ethic into a squad of over 30 is beyond me.

Weve even brought a player in on loan before van Aken who's struggling to make the squad, intact we brought in vanAken and Venancio to replace just 1 player in Sasso.

Said it pre season and got negged to death for it.

The sad fact is we have far to many players, Carlos himself said 2 players per position.

And even when fit, players who can do something a bit different like Forestieri, Matias or Boyd just end up on the bench.

Also this Rhodes business. Did we not watch him. Did Carlos not know he wasn't his type of player.

Paying 6 million for a sub, crazy.

This is a tough physical league and we sign the weakest, smallest or slowest players we can get our hands on lol.

I don't see how this has anything to do with today.

Strength in depth is vital in modern football.

We have Loovens, Hutchinson, Abdi, Foristieri, Matias and Boyd out of the squad injured. Only Fox, Venancio and Dawson were fit squad players not involved today. 

I don't see your point. 5 or so players less and we would have been struggling to name a bench of fully fit first team players.

Our squad is about 23/24 players anyway, not 30. Quite normal.

It's testament to our club that we can suffer so many injuries, alot of clubs would be in big trouble.

Edited by mark77

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Us. Far too many.

All these players and not a single winger with pace, come to think of it, not a single player with any real pace.

Too much of anything leads to confused thinking 

weve been like a sailor on shore leave in transfer windows 

look at at hudds and blunts...know how you're going to play get players who can play it and get on with it

we are in need of some clear thinking and experience 

3 minutes ago, mark77 said:

We have Loovens, Hutchinson, Abdi, Foristieri, Matias and Boyd out of the squad injured. Only Fox, Venancio and Dawson were fit squad players not involved today. 

I don't see your point. 5 or so players less and we would have been struggling to name a bench of fully fit first team players.

People have been quick to forgot that there's no loan window anymore. There would be uproar if we didn't have capable replacements all round and it's a sad fact that we'll have to pay the wages for some who we've got just in case.

Guest Deleted member
6 minutes ago, mark77 said:

It's testament to our club that we can suffer so many injuries, alot of clubs would be in big trouble.

Im proper happy we aren't in big trouble

I'd have hated then to score more than 4

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

People have been quick to forgot that there's no loan window anymore. There would be uproar if we didn't have capable replacements all round and it's a sad fact that we'll have to pay the wages for some who we've got just in case.

Exactly, it's like we have to complain about something all the time!!!!

You know what. Today we didn't play well, they did, and beat us fair and square.

Accept it and move on. 

Nothing to do with having a big squad.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Yes but all we do is just buy players. Nobody gets sold, hardly any go on loan and there comes a time when you just can't keep adding to a squad without shedding a few.

Size of the squad isn't a massive issue - the make up of it is

I cannot believe that for all the millions that has been spent that the wide and central midfield issues have not been addressed.

There's a distinct lack of pace within the squad and furthermore its a powder puff midfield.

The squad is far too samey - some nice pretty fancy players and that is it.

Recruitment just for the sake of it.

Edited by Liam_Baggies

If I remember rightly from when Carlos was first appointed the point of having a large squad (or 2 per position) was to allow us to play a high tempo pressing game - as this was high intensity it meant that squad rotation was required to keep players fresh.  So we have a prescribed way of playing and similar players to allow us to do like for like replacements based on fatigue levels.

Which sounds great in theory.  Except we don't really play like that anymore, we therefore don't rotate as much as we did (you can argue either way that's good or bad), and there's no flexibility to our approach as we have very few different options (lack of pace being the obvious one).