Major disadvantage

Bez

Having rivals in the same division.  Means a number of harder games each season because, regardless of skill level and league position, the games are tough and can go either way.

Personally, I don't care about Sheff Utd.  The rivalry means very little to me as I see them as just another smaller team.

Unfortunately, due to most fans demanding victory we played the game like a cup fixture.  If that was Wigan we would have played calmly and with a sensible league tactic.

Carlos got the tactics right, we dominated and looked good for large periods.  Unfortunately, we pushed to far forward and defended poorly.

Not bothered by the loss.  Carlos is obviously the right man for the job - on to the next game.

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Having rivals in the same division.  Means a number of harder games each season because, regardless of skill level and league position, the games are tough and can go either way.

Personally, I don't care about Sheff Utd.  The rivalry means very little to me as I see them as just another smaller team.

Unfortunately, due to most fans demanding victory we played the game like a cup fixture.  If that was Wigan we would have played calmly and with a sensible league tactic.

Carlos got the tactics right, we dominated and looked good for large periods.  Unfortunately, we pushed to far forward and defended poorly.

Not bothered by the loss.  Carlos is obviously the right man for the job - on to the next game.

What are you on? WTF:

• Haha 1

Just now, Bez said:

Obviously the right man? Whether you back him or not it's not obvious.

Just now, archieswfc said:

Obviously the right man? Whether you back him or not it's not obvious.

We have finished in the playoffs twice and are still on track for that again this season.

So yeah.  Obviously.

But we play one half of football every game.

Never look convincing at the back. Dont play with any pace and often lose the possession stat.

We wouldn't have lost 4 goals to any other team, true but we don't really play well.

Got enough quality to get good results now and then but besides that we are quite ordinary.

Not where I expect into Carlos's third season.

Edited by Eightace

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

What??. Wilder had seen how we play and exploited the space left behind our fullbacks playing as wingers with our wide mids tucking inside to help out Jones and Bannan in the middle. Their forwards used the space left by our fullbacks pulling our CB's out wide or having a free run. Carlos got done tactically today no doubt and was terrible to watch. 

8 minutes ago, Bez said:

Whatutterhorseshit

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Geosword said:

Can't believe no-one's said it yet.
It's an Owlstalk trope...
F**k Off Bez.

Bugger! beat me to t!!

But yeah f**k off Bez!!

20 minutes ago, Bez said:

We have finished in the playoffs twice and are still on track for that again this season.

So yeah.  Obviously.

Is that enough? He can't be compared to previous managers 'cos the rest had no money. With the squad we've got and the money he's spent, I think we should be doing better. In the big games we are short of ideas and ultimately go defensive. We're slow, one dimensional and more predictable with every game. I'm not saying he should obviously be sacked, but by no means is he obviously the right man.

28 minutes ago, Bez said:

So the pig fans' demands are different? No, they demanded their team turn up, and they got rewarded, because they did and we didn't.

26 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

'Carlos got the tactics right'

Absolute comedy gold right there. I'd hate to have seen it if he got the tactics wrong. 

Can't believe some numpty just negged me for saying that Carlos got done tactically by wilder today, you'd have had to be blind not to notice??? Some people really are clueless.