All this no passion crap

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They were more up for it.

First half we were slow, predictable and went through the motions- just like a lot of first half displays at Hillsborough.

We can't perform for 20 minutes in a game and expect to win inside that 20. 

The only time we have got on the front foot first half at home this season was against Forest when we kicked towards the Kop. We have been 2nd best in every other 1st half this season at Hillsborough. It was pretty much the same last season. Are we not capable of playing with more energy for the start? 

5 home games this season and the visitors have scored first in all but one of them and all have scored in the first half. I bet even the struggling teams don't have that kind of poor record, it was bound to catch up with us eventually and today thanks to an all round abysmal defensive display it did.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Liam has been on here for years. 

Shut the f*ck up. 

Here here . Fair play to the lad for even contemplating that sort of money to watch our snore fests. I'm Wednesday through and through but I have to force myself sometimes . I don't think any neautral coming on here wanting to discuss our team deserves to be slagged off. 

I thought the usual suspects have been noticeably quiet on the defend the club at all costs front . Then one pops up. 

32 minutes ago, billabongbilly said:

Aside from the 4 they scored they created a handful of other very useful chances could easily have been 6.

How many times did we expose their goal ?

Twice.

Aside from our defensive frailties we do not create enough real scoring opportunities given the amount of possession we routinely have.

This, by a country mile. When they won the ball it was moved forward quickly during the transition period with players running at ours, putting us under pressure & out of shape.  We win the ball & pass it slowly sideways & backwards during the transition period allowing their wide midfielders time to drop back & turn their back 3 into a solid back 5. It's not just today, in many matches we dominate possession but the number of chances created does not reflect the level of possession.

I'm not a football coach, if I can see it & others can see it then surely Carlos, Bullen & the rest can see it. If they can't then they need to fInd a different career path.

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Here here . Fair play to the lad for even contemplating that sort of money to watch our snore fests. I'm Wednesday through and through but I have to force myself sometimes . I don't think any neautral coming on here wanting to discuss our team deserves to be slagged off. 

I thought the usual suspects have been noticeably quiet on the defend the club at all costs front . Then one pops up. 

Thing is...I have been pro-Carlos. 

I've defended him and so on. 

I can't sit here tonight and defend that. 

I was embarrassed watching it tbh. It was utter humiliation. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...I have been pro-Carlos. 

I've defended him and so on. 

I can't sit here tonight and defend that. 

I was embarrassed watching it tbh. It was utter humiliation. 

Exactly. It isn't about points scoring  against other fans or being a clapper or a moaner or whatever. That performance at home in a derby should never ever happen . It was disgusting 

Edited by james o connor

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Exactly. It isn't about points scoring  against other fans or being a clapper or a moaner or whatever. That performance at home in a derby should never ever happen . It was disgusting 

2-2...that's our game to win. 

To concede 60? seconds later was lamentable. 

Appalling game management. 

41 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Them going 1-0 up after 2mins gave them an utilmate lift and us the opposite. Their 2nd was against the run of play. If we'd have kept the scoreline 2-2 for 2 minutes longer then I reckon we'd have won that

That 3rd goal killed all momentum we had

28 minutes ago, Stockyowl said:

Liam has been posting and coming to some of our games for years

It's good sometimes to have an objective neutral take on the match events, especially after todays abject performance while we're all angry, frustrated and annoyed . So as long as we're not playing the "rockaaay" brigade or someone's just coming on randomly to cause grief or gloat I don't mind. 

I've just watched the post match interview given by Carlos. Obviously he was disappointed by the performance but one thing struck me. His tone was about putting the result behind us and moving onto Wednesday night then the Leeds game. I can understand why that is but he did not look like a person angered by what was most definitely an unacceptable performance. It was more like an "It's done now, we move on" type interview. Is he aware how big this game was and how much it meant?

We didn't play the occasion. Didn't battle, scrap, fight. 

One of rhe worse performance in the last 3 year and still scored twice. This team isn't being utilised. We are being held back and fans are happy because at least it's better than under Irvine. Stop settling. It's not about where we have been anymore it's about where we want to go!