Give your heads a wobble

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it f.ook...everyone is p*ssed off cos we lost to United...

I don’t mind losing to the better side at all if we turned up and played well.

Problem today is we were absolutely flipping awful BEYOND absolutely flipping awful.

Blame lies firmly with the manager on this one.  Extensively assembled squad turning in a dogsturd of a performance.

Unacceptable.

This wasn't just a bad day at the office, it was a shocker.  Worst performance of the season against our biggest rivals.  The Manager seemed to be in a trance, not switched on, no idea what to do next.  He must have been gobsmacked we went in at half time only one goal behind - I was!  Hooper's performance and the substitution of Jones for Joao were the only positives that I saw in the 90 mins.  There were so many negatives it just depresses me thinking about them.  It's not the first time that we've frozen in the big games!

We have, "on paper", one of the best squads in the Championship.  

The fans of this club expect and deserve better.  Chansiri promised Premiership within 2 years, he's not delivered on that promise!

We need to bounce back quickly, get a result at Brum and something from the Leeds game.

If not I think it has to be goodbye Carlos.

1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

With the squad we've got I believe we'd be better with Laws or Megson in charge.

Stop it with the Laws and Megson shi t, move on, move way beyond. Football is changing. There will be other successful managers that we haven't heard of yet that manage Wednesday.

1 minute ago, 109Waddle said:

Stop it with the Laws and Megson shi t, move on, move way beyond. Football is changing. There will be other successful managers that we haven't heard of yet that manage Wednesday.

I don't doubt that.

My point is Laws and Megson would not have sent a side out today that would put in such a dire performance in terms of effort and application.

I'm sick to flipping death of watching sideways slow, boring, predictable footy.

CC should have gone in the summer. He definitely needs to go now.

Just now, bradowl said:

We also beat Huddersfield, shame it wasn't in play offs but we did beat them twice. 

last season was his chance, beat Huddersfield at home then surly we would've beat Reading in the final (or maybe not) but is was another massive let down.

I've backed him all the way but for me I can only see things getting worse, this result today may have more damage then you think.

Just look at wilder today, brings off a defender (Jake Wright) puts on a winger (Duffy) think it was 2 - 1 or 2-2 at the time...a manager that is forward thinking imo, Carlos would've  tried to see the game out with 15 to go like he did at Cardiff.

• Thanks 1

We've taken 7 from 12 available points in this stint so far, today was up there in terms of let downs in recent memory and the game has been done to death already on here. Personally I feel to save himself not only from the sack but also in order to build up some form of good will with the supporters again he has to win the next two games no ifs or buts and the team needs to put in convincing performances in both. 

For many that will still not appease todays result in any form but I think it will buy him more time from DC and regardless of what many of us may think or want DC's is the only opinion on that matter that will count ultimately. IMO he should have gone at the end of last season and we missed the boat on who I feel would have been a ideal replacement, after the Preston defeat on opening day CC had begun to silence some of the doubters and those like myself who were on the fence about the managerial situation so far this season were starting to see a slight improvement of late before today. Baring a 20 minute spell after half time today was the perfect storm of everything that can go wrong and did inside 90 minutes. Yes it is only the end of September and there is a lot of football to be played between now and the end of the season but in a game of this magnitude for the supporters you simply can not put on the display we witnessed this afternoon and on top of that concede 4 goals at home. Now the manager is not entirely to blame here as the players have to take their share of the responsibility as there is no reason or excuse for the performance of many out there today and I have read the arguments although few and far between this evening that this result was simply a one of a few and he should be given some more time, but so far this season there have been far more negatives than positives. With the manager already under pressure and the team flattering to deceive this season todays result could easily spell the end for CC, however the decision needs to be clearly thought through and not just a snap decision off the back of this defeat. Getting rid of CC means (I would assume) all Portuguese backroom staff follow him not to mention the new medical team he brought in this summer so perhaps the international break after the Leeds game provides DC with the opportunity to do that if he wishes.

It seems pretty simple at the moment DC either has to back him or sack him and whatever response he goes for needs to be swift AND backed by the fans which will only happen with a reaction midweek and next Sunday. This is a hideous week for me personally as a Wednesday fan, being from Birmingham losing to both the unwashed and then if we fail at Birmingham city in one week would be just too much.  This is IMO CC biggest week as manager of this club.