Give your heads a wobble

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always happened..

We have lorded it over United for years....It comes back to bite you on the arse..it always has done.

We should have got beaten by Brentford the other night, where was all the Carlos out nonsense then?

I understand the anger, but most of it is not about us getting beat, its about who beat us, thats the championship.

Wind yer necks in and lets get on with it.

IF you think this is the be all and end all for Carlos..You simply have to admit you are a parochial football fan..Theres nowt wrong with that..I understand it, but its hardly a long term strategy for going up is it?

Carvalhal has got us close twice on the trot, surely he deserves a third punt?

Give him the season...then I'll hold me hands up me hand say "Fair enough"

You can't lower expectation, because Mr Chansiri has decided to charge prices that not only raise expectation, but seem to give a god given right to us paying it, to reach a promised land................. where??

Well where what exactly?

Where we paddle along with Stoke an' Bournemouth and Watford...hoping to f.ook we don't get bumf.ooked by Chelsea, City Arsenal and Man Utd...what bloody aspirations they are...hang in there for the money..?

A club thats won the league in succesive seasons twice, the charity shield, the league cup, the F.A cup 3 times..founded in 1867 , steeped in history..Lets get up there again eh?...

....and settle for doing nowt

We lost to United..get the f.ook over it

Utter crap. We lost because Carlos isn't a master tactician. He's not even a slight tactitian. He's shown time and time again "it's a big game, time to go missing". Just a plan A. If that doesn't work put your hands in the pockets of your expensive coat and stand still on the touch line. If you think he should still be here after the Huddersfield debacle then you should give your head a wobble. He's been crap since before the Hull match. Get rid and get rid now. "It's only Utd". Joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

Utter crap. We lost because Carlos isn't a master tactician. He's not even a slight tactitian. He's shown time and time again "it's a big game, time to go missing". Just a plan A. If that doesn't work put your hands in the pockets of your expensive coat and stand still on the touch line. If you think he should still be here after the Huddersfield debacle then you should give your head a wobble. He's been crap since before the Hull match. Get rid and get rid now. "It's only Utd". Joke.

It depends on how you look at it mate...I get all your points, but can't get away from the fact that we have been up there 2 seasons on the trot....Change it now for whom?....

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It depends on how you look at it mate...I get all your points, but can't get away from the fact that we have been up there 2 seasons on the trot....Change it now for whom?....

Let's just say Carlos has maximised the return from the sum of our parts.

Even if you believe that, do you honestly think he can recover from today?

Or do you now think we will have people calling for his head every time we lose a match? Getting impatient with the players - creating an atmosphere where it's almost impossible for him to succeed?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always happened..

We have lorded it over United for years....It comes back to bite you on the arse..it always has done.

We should have got beaten by Brentford the other night, where was all the Carlos out nonsense then?

I understand the anger, but most of it is not about us getting beat, its about who beat us, thats the championship.

Wind yer necks in and lets get on with it.

IF you think this is the be all and end all for Carlos..You simply have to admit you are a parochial football fan..Theres nowt wrong with that..I understand it, but its hardly a long term strategy for going up is it?

Carvalhal has got us close twice on the trot, surely he deserves a third punt?

Give him the season...then I'll hold me hands up me hand say "Fair enough"

You can't lower expectation, because Mr Chansiri has decided to charge prices that not only raise expectation, but seem to give a god given right to us paying it, to reach a promised land................. where??

Well where what exactly?

Where we paddle along with Stoke an' Bournemouth and Watford...hoping to f.ook we don't get bumf.ooked by Chelsea, City Arsenal and Man Utd...what bloody aspirations they are...hang in there for the money..?

A club thats won the league in succesive seasons twice, the charity shield, the league cup, the F.A cup 3 times..founded in 1867 , steeped in history..Lets get up there again eh?...

....and settle for doing nowt

We lost to United..get the f.ook over it

I wanted the negative tw@ that is Carlos gone before last Xmas.

Go back through my posts.

Today doesn't help matters but the guy needs sending on his way.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

1st season breathe of fresh air. 2nd season stumbled over the line. We were going no where up to Rotherham away. Played attacking football and you could see the pressure was on. Luckily won six on bounce but with a team he was forced to change due to injuries and made play offs. The Huddersfield matches will go down in Wednesday folk law regarding how bad they really were. That was the true Carlos. This season is going no where. Ask yourself the questions. Which team will turn up Wednesday? Now ask. What will happen next Sunday? Do you have confidence in Carlos to put out a team that might try to win from the first minute? Scary isn't it. 

Who to change it to? I don't know. If Chansiris advisers want to come and do my job for a couple of weeks I'll do theirs and bring you a top top manager. The question of who is a load of blox. The part answer is not the one we've got now and shouldn't have been since May.

It isn't just that we lost against United. CC is two seasons in. The team should be better than this performance.  We simply are not consistent enough. We scrape victories rather than win convincingly. We are predictable and play poorly for 50% of most games. We are poor at corners and set pieces. All of this has to be the responsibility of CC. 

Edited by wharncliffeowl
Spelling mistake

31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Absolutely spot on, if we had won today it would have been King Carlos this King Carlos that. 

As much as we're gutted about today decision to sack manager can't surely be about one game even if it is against our enemy. 

I'd give Carlos till at least Christmas if not end of season. 

But we did lose and badly. And not only that we played very very badly too. Yet again, another big game and we didn't turn up, just like at Wembley, just like the play offs last year. 

Its not not one game, it's every time there is a big game.

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Let's just say Carlos has maximised the return from the sum of our parts.

Even if you believe that, do you honestly think he can recover from today?

Or do you now think we will have people calling for his head every time we lose a match? Getting impatient with the players - creating an atmosphere where it's almost impossible for him to succeed?

He can recover from Today by winning the next 2

say for instance we had lost to Bristol today ?

Would thre be this much debate?

All I am saying is keep it in context as regards football and the championship.

Everyone is peed off cos we lost to United..I am...but you have to put aside parochiality  and look at the whole picture

Edited by asteener1867

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But we did lose and badly. And not only that we played very very badly too. Yet again, another big game and we didn't turn up, just like at Wembley, just like the play offs last year. 

No, surely not , it's just a kneejerk reaction apparently.

Being hard to beat grinding out results and slowly but surely the returns are diminishing as better coaches work us out....and weaker squads start to get the better of us.  

We are not going to get any better even if we scrape into the playoffs again...which I seriously doubt.  Carlos had a go but he wasn't quite good enough.  Even the players look stale and fed up.  We have to try something new, and the sooner the better imo.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Everyone is peed off cos we lost to United..I am...but you have to put aside parichiality and look at the whole picture

But that's just it, you are not looking at the whole picture.

we put in a terrible performance and had our worst home result under Carlos - against United.

Our local rivals.

They scored 4 against us for the first time in my life time.

Pretending that we should treat it like it was Bristol City is definitely ignoring the whole picture.

You know he won't come back from this.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Everyone is peed off cos we lost to United..I am...but you have to put aside parochiality  and look at the whole picture

What if we lose to Leeds next sunday, do you still give him time and pretend nothing is wrong?

14 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Wasn't both games which we won against Newcastle last season big games? 

12 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

But that's just it, you are not looking at the whole picture.

we put in a terrible performance and had our worst home result under Carlos - against United.

Our local rivals.

They scored 4 against us for the first time in my life time.

Pretending that we should treat it like it was Bristol City is definitely ignoring the whole picture.

You know he won't come back from this.

this.