Give your heads a wobble

Nah. 

That today was something beyond a bad performance. 

I've backed the manager - but that was a disgrace of a performance. 

Truth be told I can't see how we recover this, bar some run of 6,7 wins. 

Serious damage today. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frazzlebeak said:

Is everything black in your universe?

It is as far as footballs concerned tonight mate...As for the rest...Nah...I put football into context...I mean...Its a football forum isn't it?...So it would be ludicrous to say ...

"Wish you were here having a lovely time on the Algarve"...wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always happened..

We have lorded it over United for years....It comes back to bite you on the arse..it always has done.

We should have got beaten by Brentford the other night, where was all the Carlos out nonsense then?

I understand the anger, but most of it is not about us getting beat, its about who beat us, thats the championship.

Wind yer necks in and lets get on with it.

IF you think this is the be all and end all for Carlos..You simply have to admit you are a parochial football fan..Theres nowt wrong with that..I understand it, but its hardly a long term strategy for going up is it?

Carvalhal has got us close twice on the trot, surely he deserves a third punt?

Give him the season...then I'll hold me hands up me hand say "Fair enough"

You can't lower expectation, because Mr Chansiri has decided to charge prices that not only raise expectation, but seem to give a god given right to us paying it, to reach a promised land................. where??

Well where what exactly?

Where we paddle along with Stoke an' Bournemouth and Watford...hoping to f.ook we don't get bumf.ooked by Chelsea, City Arsenal and Man Utd...what bloody aspirations they are...hang in there for the money..?

A club thats won the league in succesive seasons twice, the charity shield, the league cup, the F.A cup 3 times..founded in 1867 , steeped in history..Lets get up there again eh?...

....and settle for doing nowt

We lost to United..get the f.ook over it

Absolutely spot on, if we had won today it would have been King Carlos this King Carlos that. 

As much as we're gutted about today decision to sack manager can't surely be about one game even if it is against our enemy. 

I'd give Carlos till at least Christmas if not end of season. 

No need for a head wobble here.    I am very disappointed yes, but in truth I am really quite calm about it.

The pigs over reaction is to be expected, they will dine out on this for time.   In truth, they can't keep dining out on luck, and they have had an over indulgence of it this season already.    It can't be maintained.

I fully expect us to go on a run of winning games again, it's what happens under Carlos - and if it doesn't happen, I'd expect him to be sacked.    The reason he doesn't get sacked is because his win ratio is very good, and as long as it remains so good - he'll stay.

Tomorrow is another day, let the grunters have their moment - they have now achieved all their pre-season aspirations!    Have we?   No, we move on, we fight on - we can still have a good season.

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Want won't get mate...If we get up to the Prem...for the first couple of years we will be wee wee tail a hoop...then it will be Owls fans sick of being mid table...because if football and the money in football doesn't change..f.ook all else will

The premier League is the place to be weather you, personally , like it or not.

The way that some on here seem to settle for mediocrity is really quite pathetic.

Sheffield Wednesday need to be in the top division......   The premier League.

For those on here with no ambition for our club, I would like to suggest that they start to follow non league football.

Here they will find lots of clubs who's ambitions are similar to their own !

Carlos buys players and then shuts them out eg abdi last year. Boyd this year. We buy players and within a few weeks look like former shadows of themselves.

These aren't just micky mouse players, these have been players of the season for teams who have won the title of the division we are in.

Even worse we buy playes and are then shipped out within 8 months.

We don't get ourselves up for big games and players go missing. We go over cautious for all big games. 

We have an embarresment of riches up top. 4 or 5 top class players who have scored goals where ever they have played and yet we seem to defend one goal leads instead of letting go of the leash and going for the juggalar.

We have no plans for corners of free kicks.

We have been outplayed and outclassed by our local rivals and hardly a played showed any spirit. He has had two full seasons to get to know this league and we look as far away as ever.

Give you own head a wobble will ye FFS!!

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always happened..

We have lorded it over United for years....It comes back to bite you on the arse..it always has done.

We should have got beaten by Brentford the other night, where was all the Carlos out nonsense then?

I understand the anger, but most of it is not about us getting beat, its about who beat us, thats the championship.

Wind yer necks in and lets get on with it.

IF you think this is the be all and end all for Carlos..You simply have to admit you are a parochial football fan..Theres nowt wrong with that..I understand it, but its hardly a long term strategy for going up is it?

Carvalhal has got us close twice on the trot, surely he deserves a third punt?

Give him the season...then I'll hold me hands up me hand say "Fair enough"

You can't lower expectation, because Mr Chansiri has decided to charge prices that not only raise expectation, but seem to give a god given right to us paying it, to reach a promised land................. where??

Well where what exactly?

Where we paddle along with Stoke an' Bournemouth and Watford...hoping to f.ook we don't get bumf.ooked by Chelsea, City Arsenal and Man Utd...what bloody aspirations they are...hang in there for the money..?

A club thats won the league in succesive seasons twice, the charity shield, the league cup, the F.A cup 3 times..founded in 1867 , steeped in history..Lets get up there again eh?...

....and settle for doing nowt

We lost to United..get the f.ook over it

I don't think anybody thinks Carlos should go because of today.

It is the last straw of an accumulation.

Coming in the top 6 with our squad is not an achievement, it is a minimum expectation.

Ive said it before, the truth is that the entertainment is absolutely terrible and has been for 13 months. You get away with that when you are winning.  As soon as that stops your shelf life is shorter than for a manager that entertains.

The other painful thing is how there have been several occasions when other managers have so obviously been better tactically than Carlos it is too much.

Strangely, the one top manager that Carvahal did outfox was Benitez.

But he was definitely outdone by Wagner. If we are honest that includes the home league match when we should have been 3 down at half time.

Monk had his number.

He was hopelessly outdone today.

In general, our record against the top 6 has been pretty dismal.

The real killer is that we seem further away from being a top 2 team than we did against Hull at Wembley.

And also, it's not about who beat us but the manner in which they did. It wouldn't have flattered them to get 6.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Why would anyone start a post that didn't draw attention to it?

I mean...You may as well sit in a room and talk to yerself...Hows that going by the way?

Most of us start threads to spark debate. Yours is just atttention seeking of the highest order.

Hows the boring poetry going by the way?

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Most of us start threads to spark debate. Yours is just atttention seeking of the highest order.

Hows the boring poetry going by the way?

My name is Emilianenko. and .I post of mainly tat

but i can spell "Attention" and I'm very proud of that

I spell it here..I say it there..its my most favourite word

but the context that I put it in is mainly quite absurd...

Poetry is goin'Ok mate...

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

My name is Emilianenko. and .I post of mainly tat

but i can spell "Attention" and I'm very proud of that

I spell it here..I say it there..its my most favourite word

but the context that I put it in is mainly quite absurd...

Poetry is goin'Ok mate...

Really? I beg to differ

50 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Give over.

Its the manner how we lost, yes it was to the pigs which is worse but we were shambolic and this has been on the cards for a while.

You mention Brentford, yeah get that we were very poor but somehow we came back and won, who thefuck is going to say the manager has to go after a win?

If you think the way we play is acceptable or that conceding 4 at home to whoever let alone them is okay just because we have a manager who has spent millions and has bottled it twice once the big day comes, Hull/Hudd .

I'm done with this arsehole now i've backed him to the hilt but today was a step too far for me.

He is not an arsehole. Your argument is devalued by stupid abuse. He may have run out of ideas or become stubborn. But the man is not an arsehole. If he goes tomorrow, he will be one of our very best coaches/managers.