Do we have any plan at all at set pieces?

Seriously.  The amount of corners that fail to beat the first man or drift harmlessly to the far touchline.

Aimlessly hammering the ball into the wall every. Single. Time. when we get a free kick.

Do we even work on them in training?

Every time we get a free kick or a corner you just know nothing's going to come of it.

Set pieces are so important in this league. Promoted teams thrive on them and even play for them. We look abysmally poor at either taking them or defending them. Case in point today, Cardiff last week......

Ive been harping on about it for a while, but we are shocking from corners, I think weve scored from one corner all season? Free kicks on the edge of our box, either someone hits the wall or Bannan puts it over the bar. We just arent a threat and that for me comes back to the management team.

Guest Copthorneowl

No absolutely none. I've also been banging on for weeks ...typical scenario Bannon plus either Ross or anybody nearest debate who's going to place the ball into row Z.

As for corners we are beyond poor the majority go over everybody's head or don't get past the first defender.

It's like there is a complete lack of any prior planning.

Another example - the playoff against Huddersfield.  They all stood around bickering about who's going to take a penalty because our record signing has decided he's too frit.  Whilst Hudds just get on with it like they've perhaps at some point maybe covered this scenario in training.

Do we have any plan at all full stop.

Certainly not one that involves us imposing ourselves on the opposition in big matches, particularly at home where our tactics appear to be to invite the opposition to have a go. In 5 of the 6 home league matches this season we've conceded the opening goal within the first 25 mins, 4 of them in the first 10 minutes.

Doesn't sound like any game plan that I'm aware of & certainly not one employed by any team looking at promotion.

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

Seriously.  The amount of corners that fail to beat the first man or drift harmlessly to the far touchline.

Aimlessly hammering the ball into the wall every. Single. Time. when we get a free kick.

Do we even work on them in training?

Every time we get a free kick or a corner you just know nothing's going to come of it.

Meanwhile, the Pigs looked composed and masterful with that first goal free kick.  Night and day stuffs.