Calmed Down Thoughts

11 minutes ago, Miffed said:

The scary part is..... its been coming. That result has been coming for a while, we all expected it today and not a single person who saw that game can say that they are surprised by it.

Behind all the banter and laughing at United I think most Wednesday fans, certainly the ones I know, have been quietly worrying that this Blades side would have us out fought in the derbies for a long time. Certainly stretching back into last year when our football was such a tedious grind and they were enforcing themselves on their division. 

I think the problem today and by FAR a bigger worry is that it wasn't a derby that was won by passion or fight like I think a lot of us expected. There was no dogged midfield battles or tackles flying in. We just surrendered, got everything wrong and failed to turn up.

In equal measure that United played well and we were insultingly bad, they were by miles the better team. They looked like scoring every time they came forward. But it was just simple football. And we couldn't deal with it. 

That's what worries me.

Edited by sheffield_dave

Hard to take but true, its also hard to see udders, newcastle and brighton progressing when it should have been us, ime gutted about today and drowning my sorrows but maybe its the wake up call that dc needs, good luck cc for the future, act asap dc for the good of the club.

Thing that is beginning to stand out for me is the shots stats. Today we had 14 shots with only 2 on target which is not unusual for us and in my mind unacceptable. Makes you wonder what they do in training. United on the other hand had 19 shots with 7 on target much more like it imo

22 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Behind all the banter and laughing at United I think most Wednesday fans, certainly the ones I know, have been quietly worrying that this Blades side would have us out fought in the derbies for a long time. Certainly stretching back into last year when our football was such a tedious grind and they were enforcing themselves on their division. 

I think the problem today and by FAR a bigger worry is that it wasn't a derby that was won by passion or fight like I think a lot of us expected. There was no dogged midfield battles or tackles flying in. We just surrendered, got everything wrong and failed to turn up.

In equal measure that United played well and we were insultingly bad, they were by miles the better team. They looked like scoring every time they came forward. But it was just simple football. And we couldn't deal with it. 

That's what worries me.

Nail on head. Much talk of United coming and "getting in faces". Thundering double footed I to tackles and making it a scrap. 

Nothing is further from the truth. I can't remember a really bad tackle.

The truth is, they have come with a well drilled outfit where everyone knows their job. A manager who plays a way to get the best out of them and....it hold my hands up....They've played us off the park.

This wasn't a case of cultured Wednesday being our fought and muscled by United yobbos as has been the case in the past.

They come into our home and shown us up in front of the wife. 

One of the best posts iv ever read on here and sums up perfectly my feelings about not just today but the club in general at the mome l t.

Totally disillusioned and today was just a total embarrassment, one which we won't live down for a long time.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

That was an absolute f*cking disgrace. An embarrassing shambles.

I can't remember the last time a Wednesday side played that badly. The absolute BASICS of football looked utterly beyond us. Poor first touches all over the park, the passing was all over the place, we persisted with the same balls into the same areas that didn't work all afternoon. Defensively we were unfathomably bad. Infact I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It was.. unbelievable. I'm genuinely struggling to put down the right words for how bad that performance was. 

Utter garbage. An inspid, disgusting performance that should have wider consequences. All these little niggly complaints like our disastrous commercial department or our exploitive rip off ticketing policy become quite a lot harder to stomach when the product served up on the pitch is as offensively insulting as it was today. 

Those wider consequences should start with the manager. His press conference midweek was worrying and you could see the differences between the two sides in the first 10 seconds. This is a man who has CONSISTENTLY set us up wrong for the big matches. Our record under Carlos of getting results against the best sides, in the biggest games, when we've needed to put in a performance - isn't good enough. There are gaping wide holes in this team and in this squad that haven't been addressed over subsequent years and transfer windows. This man has spent MILLIONS on a second division side that still doesn't know how to set up against more determined opposition, still can't win or retain possession well enough in the middle of the park, still lacks pace, still lacks options off the bench, still can't put games away despite the scoring pedigree assembled upfront..

It's absolutely pathetic. It really is. That we sit back and accept this garbage because he drops the odd humerous quote and cried at Wembley is becoming a running joke. We are going NOWHERE under this manager. 

And I'm absolutely SICK to the back teeth of hearing "but who else is out there!?", as if there isn't a football manager alive who could set a side out for a derby game or achieve more with the likes of Rhodes and Hooper upfront. How about we roll the dice and see where it lands instead of settling for this pitiful mediocrity and this man who - ultimately - has twice and is still continuing to fail the task asked of him.

Oh and the best thing? All that applies to today's game with NO mention or acknowledgment of the opposition.

No mention that a man we cast off years ago and has spent his career in League One since made us look like absolute fools. THEE dopiest looking motherf*cker to ever play for either team ran absolute rings around us.

Or that a local teenager who has been given a chance by his club tore us to f*cking pieces while a similar player on our books is.. well who knows the f*ck where. Probably doing the best for his career and plotting a move elsewhere. 

Seeing our transfer business fail to address concerns after Wembley was worrying. Watching the football last year was tedious. Our surrender to Huddersfield was frustrating. Today was a f*cking catastrophe.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

What were your thoughts 

Before you calmed down? 

• Haha 1

Embarrassed tonight

So predictable as well

Showed zero aggression from the start

One down from a free kick early doors...wtf has happened to Westwood

Ex owls scores easiest goal of season

Huff and puff get back in it with our usual 15 mins of pressure

Take foot off gas and lose impetus with soft 3rd...new centre half getting mugged off and Westwood nowhere again

Only Wednesday would lose that after getting back to 2/2 

Solo fkn predictable

Still love Carlos but I think its run its course now...personally id take meggo back in a heartbeat

Hate to say it, but we got done today by a manager, better tactically and at motivation. Wilder picked up on our weeknesses and exploited them, catching our fullbacks out of position playing as wingers. Reach and hunt have been good so far this season,but wilders tactics left them both terribly exposed and gave them one on ones or outnumbered time and time again. 

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

I can't remember the last time a Wednesday side played that badly. The absolute BASICS of football looked utterly beyond us. Poor first touches all over the park, the passing was all over the place, we persisted with the same balls into the same areas that didn't work all afternoon. Defensively we were unfathomably bad. Infact I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It was.. unbelievable. I'm genuinely struggling to put down the right words for how bad that performance was. 

Utter garbage. An inspid, disgusting performance that should have wider consequences. All these little niggly complaints like our disastrous commercial department or our exploitive rip off ticketing policy become quite a lot harder to stomach when the product served up on the pitch is as offensively insulting as it was today. 

Those wider consequences should start with the manager. His press conference midweek was worrying and you could see the differences between the two sides in the first 10 seconds. This is a man who has CONSISTENTLY set us up wrong for the big matches. Our record under Carlos of getting results against the best sides, in the biggest games, when we've needed to put in a performance - isn't good enough. There are gaping wide holes in this team and in this squad that haven't been addressed over subsequent years and transfer windows. This man has spent MILLIONS on a second division side that still doesn't know how to set up against more determined opposition, still can't win or retain possession well enough in the middle of the park, still lacks pace, still lacks options off the bench, still can't put games away despite the scoring pedigree assembled upfront..

It's absolutely pathetic. It really is. That we sit back and accept this garbage because he drops the odd humerous quote and cried at Wembley is becoming a running joke. We are going NOWHERE under this manager. 

And I'm absolutely SICK to the back teeth of hearing "but who else is out there!?", as if there isn't a football manager alive who could set a side out for a derby game or achieve more with the likes of Rhodes and Hooper upfront. How about we roll the dice and see where it lands instead of settling for this pitiful mediocrity and this man who - ultimately - has twice and is still continuing to fail the task asked of him.

Oh and the best thing? All that applies to today's game with NO mention or acknowledgment of the opposition.

No mention that a man we cast off years ago and has spent his career in League One since made us look like absolute fools. THEE dopiest looking motherf*cker to ever play for either team ran absolute rings around us.

Or that a local teenager who has been given a chance by his club tore us to f*cking pieces while a similar player on our books is.. well who knows the f*ck where. Probably doing the best for his career and plotting a move elsewhere. 

Seeing our transfer business fail to address concerns after Wembley was worrying. Watching the football last year was tedious. Our surrender to Huddersfield was frustrating. Today was a f*cking catastrophe.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

Couldn't have summed it all up better myself .One of the best posts I've ever read !

So here goes.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

I try not to post after a bad defeat because it takes longer me longer than a couple of hours to calm down. 

Trouble is, tomorrow I will wake up just as p155ed off as I do now and out of patience with the manager .Sadly have to agree with all of the above

Time for Chansiri to rethink.

New manager/ coach...YES 

An experienced General Manager/Director of footaball to run the club for Chansiri who clearly is struggling to do it part time.

Spot on from Sheffield Dave.

3 wins from 9, only play well for 20mins a game.

No pace no creativity no plan b, plan a is too predictable, we always look out numbered on midfield and get torn to pieces down the wings! 

After 2 play off campaigns we should have a solid enough base to make a strong go at the top 2 but we are so far from this it's not acceptable.

We are mid table after nearly 10 games and if he stays we will still be there after 46!