Calmed Down Thoughts

A good post from Dave as per.

Think the picture is painted on the dug out which highlights the job Carlos is doing at the moment.

One was a manager who has managed to squeeze the most from the limited resources available to him and the other who is making an unbalanced, dysfunctional boring side out of the riches that have been provided to him.

For the investment provided - Carlos is not doing enough - and whenever I come and watch you, or whatever I read, or pay to view, I cannot see any direction as to where this club is going or how things are going to improve.

Big test ahead of him, which I think he will fail.

Where's Mick, be on here in a couple of days to tell us all to calm down and that it's only one match and we have to look at the bigger picture, well I am, and

it looks like bobbar, poor full backs, midfield so so, no cohesion, get out thought  in first half, too pedestrian, its boring and it aint gonna get us promoted,

need change, need a new manager.

All that I think about is all that money wasted.

Edited by daleblue

21 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

That was an absolute f*cking disgrace. An embarrassing shambles.

Could have left it there as a brief summary,  but the rest of the post was spot on as well. 

It was embarrassing no question. Our defence was an absolute bomb scare all afternoon, we conceded early and it just created this mass panic we never came close to recovering from. United were picking us off at will, every time they counterattacked we were all over the place. The defending for their third goal was an absolute disgrace, whichever centre half it was that totally neshed a crucial tackle on Duffy should hang his head in shame.

Our brilliant strikeforce nearly dug us out of a mess that was totally of our own creation. We had zero clue what to do with the ball and yet managed to get two goals out of the awful service our strikers had. Carlos standing with his hands in his pockets in the technical area when we were crying out for a bit of passion only served to make things worse.

Can't see much of a future for him here now. He can't reliably set us up for big occasions. There always seems to be a focus on us being clinical and professional regardless of the opposition and he probably prefers us to strangle the opposition, but that doesn't bloody work on Derby day. Wilder will have had them totally hyped up and straining at the leash, while Carlos is talking on the radio about it being just another game. Totally the wrong message to send and the alarm bells were going off long before that f***ing free kick flew in the net. Can't help but think sacking him right in the middle of a busy run of games this week would be counter-productive as any new manager would have next to no time to get their ideas across. The writing does seem on the wall though - Leeds are going to pummel us next week unless we turn in a performance light years ahead of that showing given that they're essentially a better version of United.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

It's been brewing since Wembley - we didn't fix the deficiencies clear that day. Full back and midfield are weak - people on here point at stats but we've got to many average players in key positions.

Today is a catalyst of issues under the surface, which we cover up with the odd spell of pressure and quality, but we don't beat teams convincingly - not since the Brighton home play off game, and their team was injury ravaged that day, so perhaps Norwich at home 18 months ago.

At least you've calmed down and to be honest how often do we look like we're going to concede in the first few minutes? Especially at home, barring the Forest game, we always look like we're miles behind the pace at the start of the game.

At 2-2 I thought we'd cracked it but they are alot better side than I thought and I think Westwood could do with a spell out of the team. 

Guest The Horse

@Liam_Baggies has got it spot on.
We have no direction at the moment.
This ship has just been drifting since the play-off defeat and needs a fresh injection.
Failed to address our first team weaknesses (pace and strength)  but happy to waste money on bloating the squad.
Slow starts to every game.
Boring football.
Happy to defend a one goal advantage.
But alarmingly, no sign of it changing. I thought he'd sort it in the summer but we're just doing the same thing again.
The squad as it is is far far better than what we are seeing. Get the pace, get the strength and a positive approach and we will compete at the top.
I have zero confidence in Carlos doing that.

26 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He won't go - yet.

This won't hurt DC like it hurts the real fans because he doesn't really feel the rivalry.

He'll only go if we appear to have slipped out of contention, because he's DC's yes man who is prepared to work in the environment DC has created, where it appears the manager doesn't question the Chairman or the club's transfer policy.

in fairness, his record overall isn't one that should see him gone - yet, but sooner or later we may have to roll the dice if it appears we are standing still.

It's generally accepted the division takes some sort of shape after 10 games. It's 9 now and we've only won 3 of them. We are 7 points behind the leading pack of 3 teams at the top and Aston Villa - a side who we should expect to be a major rival but have had a "crisis" start of their own - are now above us. 

Carlos has also lost the right for this season to be taken in isolation. Following the previous two disappointments I personally felt we HAD to race out of the blocks to justify remaining in his post. I even think the fixture list handed us a really good opportunity to do that. 

That hasn't happened, with today providing a particularly rancid cherry to sit on an already flat and underwhelming cake. I think we are at a point now where Carlos' record DOES warrant change - particularly with this continued failure to approach or handle games properly where we NEED to get a result. 

I'm struggling to think of another Wednesday manager who has surrendered a Sheffield derby in the fashion that we did today. I don't think there has been one in my lifetime. 

I've lost patience with it all now. 

Same mistakes made week in week out. And it's been happening for a year now. We start slow every single fckin week...a yard off pace. 

Its not like they were that good. We could and should have exposed so many weak points.....but we rolled over.  

Time to go for me. 

49 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

That was an absolute f*cking disgrace. An embarrassing shambles.

I can't remember the last time a Wednesday side played that badly. The absolute BASICS of football looked utterly beyond us. Poor first touches all over the park, the passing was all over the place, we persisted with the same balls into the same areas that didn't work all afternoon. Defensively we were unfathomably bad. Infact I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It was.. unbelievable. I'm genuinely struggling to put down the right words for how bad that performance was. 

Utter garbage. An inspid, disgusting performance that should have wider consequences. All these little niggly complaints like our disastrous commercial department or our exploitive rip off ticketing policy become quite a lot harder to stomach when the product served up on the pitch is as offensively insulting as it was today. 

Those wider consequences should start with the manager. His press conference midweek was worrying and you could see the differences between the two sides in the first 10 seconds. This is a man who has CONSISTENTLY set us up wrong for the big matches. Our record under Carlos of getting results against the best sides, in the biggest games, when we've needed to put in a performance - isn't good enough. There are gaping wide holes in this team and in this squad that haven't been addressed over subsequent years and transfer windows. This man has spent MILLIONS on a second division side that still doesn't know how to set up against more determined opposition, still can't win or retain possession well enough in the middle of the park, still lacks pace, still lacks options off the bench, still can't put games away despite the scoring pedigree assembled upfront..

It's absolutely pathetic. It really is. That we sit back and accept this garbage because he drops the odd humerous quote and cried at Wembley is becoming a running joke. We are going NOWHERE under this manager. 

And I'm absolutely SICK to the back teeth of hearing "but who else is out there!?", as if there isn't a football manager alive who could set a side out for a derby game or achieve more with the likes of Rhodes and Hooper upfront. How about we roll the dice and see where it lands instead of settling for this pitiful mediocrity and this man who - ultimately - has twice and is still continuing to fail the task asked of him.

Oh and the best thing? All that applies to today's game with NO mention or acknowledgment of the opposition.

No mention that a man we cast off years ago and has spent his career in League One since made us look like absolute fools. THEE dopiest looking motherf*cker to ever play for either team ran absolute rings around us.

Or that a local teenager who has been given a chance by his club tore us to f*cking pieces while a similar player on our books is.. well who knows the f*ck where. Probably doing the best for his career and plotting a move elsewhere. 

Seeing our transfer business fail to address concerns after Wembley was worrying. Watching the football last year was tedious. Our surrender to Huddersfield was frustrating. Today was a f*cking catastrophe.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

I love you Sheffield Dave. Best poster on here by a country mile.