Calmed Down Thoughts

51 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Behind all the banter and laughing at United I think most Wednesday fans, certainly the ones I know, have been quietly worrying that this Blades side would have us out fought in the derbies for a long time. Certainly stretching back into last year when our football was such a tedious grind and they were enforcing themselves on their division. 

I think the problem today and by FAR a bigger worry is that it wasn't a derby that was won by passion or fight like I think a lot of us expected. There was no dogged midfield battles or tackles flying in. We just surrendered, got everything wrong and failed to turn up.

In equal measure that United played well and we were insultingly bad, they were by miles the better team. They looked like scoring every time they came forward. But it was just simple football. And we couldn't deal with it. 

That's what worries me.

Just one of those days when, from the TV, it appeared the majority of passes completed by SUFC put them on the front foot and got them moving forwards. A lot of SWFC passes had the players receiving on the back foot or having adjust backwards to collect the pass.

32 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I try not to post after a bad defeat because it takes longer me longer than a couple of hours to calm down. 

Trouble is, tomorrow I will wake up just as p155ed off as I do now and out of patience with the manager .Sadly have to agree with all of the above

Time for Chansiri to rethink.

New manager/ coach...YES 

An experienced General Manager/Director of footaball to run the club for Chansiri who clearly is struggling to do it part time.

Truth be told I've not calmed down at all. 

I think I'll calm down about this result in about 6-7 games time if we've seen a DRASTIC improvement in performances and results, or if the manager goes. 

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Truth be told I've not calmed down at all. 

I think I'll calm down about this result in about 6-7 games time if we've seen a DRASTIC improvement in performances and results, or if the manager goes. 

We are stuck in a pattern with CC. After Barnsely away last season when the play offs looked to be slipping away many on here were highly critical of CC and the style of play. They did so because the only thing supporting keeping the faith in CC was the results. The six-game winning run and Leeds implosion in April kept most keep quite but the same issues were evident and remain today. 

The style, tempo and type of player we have in certain positions is not conducive to high pressing and consistent performances. Maybe only after three seasons of trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results will things change.

Poor inept  display, don't use the cliche they wanted it more that's bob. As big jack said if players can't motivate themselves for a derby then they are in the wrong job. The next 2 games are vital, same rubbish and it's time for CC C to go. If this result doesn't give everyone a kick up the ass then nothing will.

1 hour ago, debram said:

Hard to take but true, its also hard to see udders, newcastle and brighton progressing when it should have been us, ime gutted about today and drowning my sorrows but maybe its the wake up call that dc needs, good luck cc for the future, act asap dc for the good of the club.

Why should it have been us?

We don’t have some kind of golden ticket to promotion. There were no bad refereeing decisions or anything to keep us from going up. We were just beaten by teams that wanted it more in Hull and Huddersfield. Just like we were today. 

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

That was an absolute f*cking disgrace. An embarrassing shambles.

I can't remember the last time a Wednesday side played that badly. The absolute BASICS of football looked utterly beyond us. Poor first touches all over the park, the passing was all over the place, we persisted with the same balls into the same areas that didn't work all afternoon. Defensively we were unfathomably bad. Infact I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It was.. unbelievable. I'm genuinely struggling to put down the right words for how bad that performance was. 

Utter garbage. An inspid, disgusting performance that should have wider consequences. All these little niggly complaints like our disastrous commercial department or our exploitive rip off ticketing policy become quite a lot harder to stomach when the product served up on the pitch is as offensively insulting as it was today. 

Those wider consequences should start with the manager. His press conference midweek was worrying and you could see the differences between the two sides in the first 10 seconds. This is a man who has CONSISTENTLY set us up wrong for the big matches. Our record under Carlos of getting results against the best sides, in the biggest games, when we've needed to put in a performance - isn't good enough. There are gaping wide holes in this team and in this squad that haven't been addressed over subsequent years and transfer windows. This man has spent MILLIONS on a second division side that still doesn't know how to set up against more determined opposition, still can't win or retain possession well enough in the middle of the park, still lacks pace, still lacks options off the bench, still can't put games away despite the scoring pedigree assembled upfront..

It's absolutely pathetic. It really is. That we sit back and accept this garbage because he drops the odd humerous quote and cried at Wembley is becoming a running joke. We are going NOWHERE under this manager. 

And I'm absolutely SICK to the back teeth of hearing "but who else is out there!?", as if there isn't a football manager alive who could set a side out for a derby game or achieve more with the likes of Rhodes and Hooper upfront. How about we roll the dice and see where it lands instead of settling for this pitiful mediocrity and this man who - ultimately - has twice and is still continuing to fail the task asked of him.

Oh and the best thing? All that applies to today's game with NO mention or acknowledgment of the opposition.

No mention that a man we cast off years ago and has spent his career in League One since made us look like absolute fools. THEE dopiest looking motherf*cker to ever play for either team ran absolute rings around us.

Or that a local teenager who has been given a chance by his club tore us to f*cking pieces while a similar player on our books is.. well who knows the f*ck where. Probably doing the best for his career and plotting a move elsewhere. 

Seeing our transfer business fail to address concerns after Wembley was worrying. Watching the football last year was tedious. Our surrender to Huddersfield was frustrating. Today was a f*cking catastrophe.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

Totally agree,added to this the individual errors by our players time after time,I still say it confidence is key (take a look at the pigs)  you have to start asking questions as to why there was so many mistakes not just today but in most games.

CC will remain in charge unfortunately but the pattern will remain and so will we in the Championship. 

My stance has always remained despite the wins against Forest and Brentford (the latter we didn't deserve).

We've dropped points already this season in games we should be getting maximum points from. QPR, Burton and Cardiff annoyed me greatly. I was fuming at Preston. But this one was so pathetic so so flipping pathetic. Embarrassed in a local derby, murdered by Leon Clarke. They wanted it more and Carlos' poo tactics yet again got found out in the biggest games. I'm tired of it. Sick of Wallace and Hunt that same predictable combination which teams take 2 minutes to suss out. So sick of players playing out of position. So sick of it us having to get to the 45th minute mark to get our arses in gear and for Carlos to realise that we can attack teams. 

He may well get us play offs again but this man is NOT getting us promoted. He isn't capable of it.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My stance has always remained despite the wins against Forest and Brentford (the latter we didn't deserve).

We've dropped points already this season in games we should be getting maximum points from. QPR, Burton and Cardiff annoyed me greatly. I was fuming at Preston. But this one was so pathetic so so flipping pathetic. Embarrassed in a local derby, murdered by Leon Clarke. They wanted it more and Carlos' poo tactics yet again got found out in the biggest games. I'm tired of it. Sick of Wallace and Hunt that same predictable combination which teams take 2 minutes to suss out. So sick of players playing out of position. So sick of it us having to get to the 45th minute mark to get our arses in gear and for Carlos to realise that we can attack teams. 

He may well get us play offs again but this man is NOT getting us promoted. He isn't capable of it.

Only if our 10min good spells every now and again yield a goal or two. I worry that if Hooper gets injured at the moment, we're in trouble.

59 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Why should it have been us?

We don’t have some kind of golden ticket to promotion. There were no bad refereeing decisions or anything to keep us from going up. We were just beaten by teams that wanted it more in Hull and Huddersfield. Just like we were today. 

ok agree, whats the common denominater them

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Great post fella.

Only thing is I am convinced we won't even make playoffs this season if Carlos is still in charge.

Makes my blood boil to this day how he got rewarded a new deal for failing. 

1 minute ago, Coyt said:

Great post fella.

Only thing is I am convinced we won't even make playoffs this season if Carlos is still in charge.

Makes my blood boil to this day how he got rewarded a new deal for failing. 

If he learnt by the mistakes I would accept this, but when we only signed Boyd, who is effectively Wallace's understudy, it was clear he was continuing his tried and failed course. He may get us around the play offs but i wouldn't have much confidence in getting through them.

9 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Im a big carlos fan but  im totally sick of seeing our nippy midfielders continuously bounce of bigger players..

We look like a portuguese 2nd division team on a training session..its so at odds with a lot of championship games

We are a soft touch aren't we. 

Flaky f*ckers. 

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Given myself a bit of time to calm down and compose some non-knee jerk reactions on today's game.

So here goes.

I can't remember the last time a Wednesday side played that badly. The absolute BASICS of football looked utterly beyond us. Poor first touches all over the park, the passing was all over the place, we persisted with the same balls into the same areas that didn't work all afternoon. Defensively we were unfathomably bad. Infact I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It was.. unbelievable. I'm genuinely struggling to put down the right words for how bad that performance was. 

Utter garbage. An inspid, disgusting performance that should have wider consequences. All these little niggly complaints like our disastrous commercial department or our exploitive rip off ticketing policy become quite a lot harder to stomach when the product served up on the pitch is as offensively insulting as it was today. 

Those wider consequences should start with the manager. His press conference midweek was worrying and you could see the differences between the two sides in the first 10 seconds. This is a man who has CONSISTENTLY set us up wrong for the big matches. Our record under Carlos of getting results against the best sides, in the biggest games, when we've needed to put in a performance - isn't good enough. There are gaping wide holes in this team and in this squad that haven't been addressed over subsequent years and transfer windows. This man has spent MILLIONS on a second division side that still doesn't know how to set up against more determined opposition, still can't win or retain possession well enough in the middle of the park, still lacks pace, still lacks options off the bench, still can't put games away despite the scoring pedigree assembled upfront..

It's absolutely pathetic. It really is. That we sit back and accept this garbage because he drops the odd humerous quote and cried at Wembley is becoming a running joke. We are going NOWHERE under this manager. 

And I'm absolutely SICK to the back teeth of hearing "but who else is out there!?", as if there isn't a football manager alive who could set a side out for a derby game or achieve more with the likes of Rhodes and Hooper upfront. How about we roll the dice and see where it lands instead of settling for this pitiful mediocrity and this man who - ultimately - has twice and is still continuing to fail the task asked of him.

Oh and the best thing? All that applies to today's game with NO mention or acknowledgment of the opposition.

No mention that a man we cast off years ago and has spent his career in League One since made us look like absolute fools. THEE dopiest looking motherf*cker to ever play for either team ran absolute rings around us.

Or that a local teenager who has been given a chance by his club tore us to f*cking pieces while a similar player on our books is.. well who knows the f*ck where. Probably doing the best for his career and plotting a move elsewhere. 

Seeing our transfer business fail to address concerns after Wembley was worrying. Watching the football last year was tedious. Our surrender to Huddersfield was frustrating. Today was a f*cking catastrophe.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

Fan-fuc*ing-tastic post. Feel just the same.

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

So here goes.

Garbage. Carlos out. 

Sums it up perfectly. 

The trouble is every manager name you give is either not good enough or some other reason.  

Examples:

Dean Smith job too big for him, Really? We’re not flipping Real Madrid. Plays an attacking game with pace and wingers. 

Mick McCarthy turgid style of football? would never roll over in a derby game like today. 

Nigel Pearson won’t take the job because he lives in Sheffield. Just gone to second division football in Belgium. Has a promotion on his CV from this division. 

8 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Sums it up perfectly. 

The trouble is every manager name you give is either not good enough or some other reason.  

Examples:

Dean Smith job too big for him, Really? We’re not flipping Real Madrid. Plays an attacking game with pace and wingers. 

Mick McCarthy turgid style of football? would never roll over in a derby game like today. 

Nigel Pearson won’t take the job because he lives in Sheffield. Just gone to second division football in Belgium. Has a promotion on his CV from this division. 

Pardew has done the business at this level too, Big Sam etc etc 

Retirement? Mmm...the latter would come here if DC offered him enough. 

We have noney and a supportive loyal chairman - getting the right man in wouldn't be a problem 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl