Jordan Rhodes

Guest Theboylangers

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Maybe its the way we play - maybe he's on the downslide as a player

Suspect a bit of both. 

But the former is clearly a big part and there were many of us questioning if it was a wise move before the transfer based just on that. 

It begs the question though if punters like many of us had concerns about his qualities and our style. Then who was asking similar questions at the club The professional judges of a players likelyhood of fitting in?

Bizarre business from the beginning.

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Ah Jordan Rhodes. See Callum Mcmanaman, Sam Winnall, Almen Abdi, Aidy McGeady, Will Buckley. Good players previous, coincidence? I think not

To be fair, Buckley and Abdi have had long sells injured and McGeady has all the match sharpness of Giant Haystacks. 

10 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

It's not Rhodes fault whatsoever but Carlos continually bringing him on for Fletcher and thinking if will change anytging is the frustrating thing. 

Would have been muxh better off bringing Nuhiu on in that game or have a different type of attaxker on like Mathias.

Agreed 100%. The utilisation of Rhodes is bizarre. Rhodes partnering Fletcher/Nuhiu or even Hooper for other than a few minutes would make more sense than using a goal poacher supreme as a lone front-running workhorse.

Although I don't think (good goal apart) that Joao looked like the answer (ball came back far too easily when played up to him and he was running into blind alleys) he does have strength, height and pace. Him and Rhodes have the attributes to be lethal in this division and its frustrating that their talents are being wasted (either by the players or the coaches).

12 hours ago, ka58 said:

I’m not on here to bash rhodes but there’s also a reason why fletcher keeps getting called up to the Scotland squad but rhodes doesn’t.

because Fletcher is getting game time?

I think the signing of Rhodes, his ineffectual performances/cameos coupled with Mattias, Abdi and the wingers we've had - its all reeks of a desperate and shambolic transfer policy (Carlos coach scouts them then recommends them to Carlos) who then fails to play them in the right formation, tactic etc, because he has his own style so it all contributes to an utter mish mash of players that don't suit a 4-whatever and then CC tries shoehorning them in and it doesn't work ...

we need to focus on a formation and start getting players to suit .. instead of getting random players and shoehorning them in to some formation that the manager decides is the flavour of the month

12 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Rhodes looks absolutely shot. A real shame. I would take him out of the squad completely for a couple of months and just get his head right. 

Been telling them at work this too could do with a couple of month off myself 

Just to get my "head right"

FFS he's a professional Footballer with a fantastic wage etc etc .

Far too many spout the "we aren't playing to his strengths" 

If that's the case why buy him it's not like we didn't know what he was going to be like we had him on trial for 3 months 

If it's not Rhodes fault then get shot of the man who brought him here because he is wasting money big time ..

Guest RocketOwl
13 hours ago, ka58 said:

Dont disagree with that. 

But imagine if he’d brought nuhiu on instead of rhodes and he’d had the same impact.

they would have had is head on two sticks instead of one.

Just seems at moment Carlos is bringing Rhodes on for the sake of it rather then analysing what's needed in terms of how the game is flowing.

Guest RocketOwl

In the past when I've mentioned I had thought Rhodes was on the decline in his Blackburn days I couldn't be bothered to find the evidence to back this up:

Someone has said this week on here it was 3 goals in his last 17 games. He then struggled with Boro in chanpionship and despite them knowing they would be probably relegated they saw enough to ship him out.

So worryingly the decline as I remembered did begin at Blackburn. I clearly remember Lambert dropping him during his spell. Would possibly have been because of that drought and they set up to play to his strengths.

It doesn't look like a Carlos signing - that has to be the main concern - is he signing the players?

16 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

In the past when I've mentioned I had thought Rhodes was on the decline in his Blackburn days I couldn't be bothered to find the evidence to back this up:

Someone has said this week on here it was 3 goals in his last 17 games. He then struggled with Boro in chanpionship and despite them knowing they would be probably relegated they saw enough to ship him out.

So worryingly the decline as I remembered did begin at Blackburn. I clearly remember Lambert dropping him during his spell. Would possibly have been because of that drought and they set up to play to his strengths.

It doesn't look like a Carlos signing - that has to be the main concern - is he signing the players?

Details are here - https://www.transfermarkt.com/jordan-rhodes/leistungsdaten/spieler/48950