Jordan Rhodes

Guest Theboylangers

8 hours ago, A12owl said:

They all play a different role and need different service. If Rhodes had been on the pitch instead of Hooper would he have been in the same position and scored? Who the heck knows?

Rhodes might have scored from positions that the other strikers didn't get into. Although on today's evidence there weren't many opportunities for any striker . We didn't create anything. 

Game plan..........what was it?

Going behind after 2 minutes seemed to throw  any ideas we may have had out of the window. We got out-hassled, out-thought, out-muscled, out-passioned and in the end totally embarrassed by Wilderbeasts men. Only Hooper could hold his head up. The other 10 on the pitch all had a bad game on the worst possible day. 

The judgement will be what happens on Wednesday and next Sunday.

The lot from up the M1 will be laughing their socks off at our dismal performance and might just become a little over confident. Best chance Carlos has of regaining some respect but only if we win by another 6-0.

Balls in Carlos court. 

Rhodes and Hooper up front with 2 wing men belting in crosses all night long at Birmingham.  

Back to Rhodes ......if the team play to his strengths he will score. To say Hooper has scored as many as Rhodes etc only confirms that Rhodes isn't being played with the right tactics. 

Great signing wrong tactics. Everyone can see it except....you know who.

or he isnt as good as Hooper etc

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

or he isnt as good as Hooper etc

No he isn't. You are right.

But not being as good as Hooper is hardly an insult. Rhodes is a terrific striker and will come good once Carlos pairs him with Hoops or Fletch, or at least with Joao.

He has to stop putting him on as lone-striker though.

15 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

One of the least effective substitutions ever. 

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Have we destroyed previously one of the best strikers in this division? 

No, we haven't destroyed one of the previous best strikers in the division.

CC has  done that all by himself.

5 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

No, we haven't destroyed one of the previous best strikers in the division.

CC has  done that all by himself.

Destroyed Jordan Rhodes. 

Don't talk daft .

Very few strikers are able to shine in the "Lone Ranger" role.

Jordan Rhodes needs a long run in the side with a settled partner.

Then his abilities will be there for all to see.

DO NOT WRITE OFF JORDAN RHODES.

Jordan Rhodes is not prem class and i think we all agree on that.. but he is a quality Championship striker who we have managed to f*ck up, his confidence must be destroyed, people on this forum are not football managers but they do understand the game very well and pace..width and supply into the box will see Jordan return back to the striker we all know he is...shame our idiot manager cant see that.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

No he isn't. You are right.

But not being as good as Hooper is hardly an insult. Rhodes is a terrific striker and will come good once Carlos pairs him with Hoops or Fletch, or at least with Joao.

He has to stop putting him on as lone-striker though.

if we take fletcher off i would rather have Nuhiu up front to hold up the ball amd for others to feed off

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

Destroyed Jordan Rhodes. 

Don't talk daft .

Very few strikers are able to shine in the "Lone Ranger" role.

Jordan Rhodes needs a long run in the side with a settled partner.

Then his abilities will be there for all to see.

DO NOT WRITE OFF JORDAN RHODES.

On the contrary, I'm writing off CC

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

They all play a different role and need different service. If Rhodes had been on the pitch instead of Hooper would he have been in the same position and scored? Who the heck knows?

Rhodes might have scored from positions that the other strikers didn't get into. Although on today's evidence there weren't many opportunities for any striker . We didn't create anything. 

Game plan..........what was it?

Going behind after 2 minutes seemed to throw  any ideas we may have had out of the window. We got out-hassled, out-thought, out-muscled, out-passioned and in the end totally embarrassed by Wilderbeasts men. Only Hooper could hold his head up. The other 10 on the pitch all had a bad game on the worst possible day. 

The judgement will be what happens on Wednesday and next Sunday.

The lot from up the M1 will be laughing their socks off at our dismal performance and might just become a little over confident. Best chance Carlos has of regaining some respect but only if we win by another 6-0.

Balls in Carlos court. 

Rhodes and Hooper up front with 2 wing men belting in crosses all night long at Birmingham.  

Back to Rhodes ......if the team play to his strengths he will score. To say Hooper has scored as many as Rhodes etc only confirms that Rhodes isn't being played with the right tactics. 

Great signing wrong tactics. Everyone can see it except....you know who.

Totally agree with the last paragraph, unfortunately 

1. We don't have any fast wingmen who can belt crosses in

2. If we did have them, Carlos wouldn't play them.

On 24/09/2017 at 15:37, Theboylangers said:

One of the least effective substitutions ever. 

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Have we destroyed previously one of the best strikers in this division? 

His contribution was to go down like a Sadam Hussain statue and win a free kick on half way. And he brought the ball back for their goalie.

6 hours ago, A12owl said:

Why don't you and Rocket have a mutual Rhodes is rubbish day . Preferably as far away from OT as possible.

Can't speak for my erstwhile colleague, but on a day when there were plenty of candidates, it was a little unfair to single out Rhodes as having a rubbish day

Most of the time though, he avoids the sort of criticism freely aimed at others

Tell me, what has he ever done in a Wednesday shirt? All we hear is, how we fail to put it in the right areas for him Why doesn't he try and make things happen, instead of hiding Think Joao showed him what he needs to do, at least he tried to make things happen. As I said, yesterday he wasn't alone, most were lacklustre at best. Overall though, would you say he's been value for money?

17 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

And what good is that? He's not scored in 19 momths 

According to one website I looked at a few weeks ago, in the last season and a bit, Nuhiu has played the equivalent of six full games. Given his role in the team, our over-cautious approach and his career strike rate, it's not really too much of a surprise he has not scored.