Jordan Rhodes

Guest Theboylangers

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I can’t believe, that out of the 300 things to point the finger at today, you’ve come up with this. Ridiculous.

Not really pointing the finger at him though is he? merely asking the question of have we ruined, at one stage, one of the most deadliest strikers at this level ... and I would say that how we play, and how Cc sets us up .. yes we have ...

Rhodes needs a break.

I think he'd have been better than Fletcher today - I felt Fletcher lost all of his battles.

The team were broken when he came on today - he had no chance.

He hasn't really been on the pitch when there's been decent service into box.

5 hours ago, Watford_owl said:

Player is great every where then comes to wednesday and is crap. Why? We need a system and setup that suits the player. Not forcing one down their neck. Sorry this is the managers fault. No passion and no pace. To slow in the buildup as we don't have Ronaldinho or messi. It's very difficult to score in a slow build up if you don't have world class players. He has had time and to be honest he hasent learned anything about english football. 

He wasn't great at Boro. I have a Boro mate who was astonished at how slow he was. 

5 hours ago, Watford_owl said:

Player is great every where then comes to wednesday and is crap. Why? We need a system and setup that suits the player. Not forcing one down their neck. Sorry this is the managers fault. No passion and no pace. To slow in the buildup as we don't have Ronaldinho or messi. It's very difficult to score in a slow build up if you don't have world class players. He has had time and to be honest he hasent learned anything about english football. 

Are we on about Rhodes ? Hardly set the world alight at Boro, the signs that he'd regressed were obvious. A panic buy.

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

This:sad:

6 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

One of the least effective substitutions ever. 

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Have we destroyed previously one of the best strikers in this division? 

Last twenty minutes against Bolton they knocked the ball over his shoulder to run onto. He gets two goals. He still has it, we dont give him the service he needs. He still needs to put more effort in even if the tactics are woeful.

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

You forgot to add Bannan trying his fancy little turns and suicidal passes and Lee auditioning for the invisible man again.

57 minutes ago, Owl '73 said:

I think many people seem to forget that he made his career at Huddersfield and that was the real issue for his reluctance, not 'bottling it' on the big occasion due to crushed confidence.

Maybe it's his misplaced sense of priorities/loyalty but imagine how we'd feel if it was D Hirst snarling at the penalty spot whilst playing for Southampton in a modern day comparable situation.

Actually never thought of that. Good point 

No one is blaming Rhodes for what happened today. And there's certainly a good deal of justification in pointing out that his abilities are not effectively exploited by the way we play. But it's still fair to ask if we will look back on him as a gigantic waste of money at the expense of more needy areas of the squad. He has had a lot of opportunities and simply has not looked like a difference maker.

We are very definitely negative, boring and not creating chances. But despite that, Fletcher, Hooper (and to a lesser degree Winnall) were all contributing goals at a decent rate. Rhodes' strike rate is abysmal by comparison. Hooper has scored as many in the last 5 games as Rhodes has since we bought him 9 months ago.

as you get older you lose pace yes you do not lose your scoring skill or control if you get the right service when in the right place you will find the net , rhodes was never a lone frontman he is a poacher he has a poachers instinct play to his strengths and he will shine 

5 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

I prostrate myself before your superior intellect 

My Friend.

If only you new how superior it is.

I hope you are now as we very speak.

Face down and spread eagled on your living room floor.

I can only apologise for your position if you are still in the pub.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

No one is blaming Rhodes for what happened today. And there's certainly a good deal of justification in pointing out that his abilities are not effectively exploited by the way we play. But it's still fair to ask if we will look back on him as a gigantic waste of money at the expense of more needy areas of the squad. He has had a lot of opportunities and simply has not looked like a difference maker.

We are very definitely negative, boring and not creating chances. But despite that, Fletcher, Hooper (and to a lesser degree Winnall) were all contributing goals at a decent rate. Rhodes' strike rate is abysmal by comparison. Hooper has scored as many in the last 5 games as Rhodes has since we bought him 9 months ago.

And that's the issue i think Rhodes is too similar to Hooper and with Hooper in fine form Rhodes is unlikely to get game time, and when he does, its not in a position or role he is comfortable with.

The worry for me the longer this goes on, the only option is for him to move on for everyone's sake - can't have £8-10m sat on the bench or worst.

1 hour ago, Owl '73 said:

I think many people seem to forget that he made his career at Huddersfield and that was the real issue for his reluctance, not 'bottling it' on the big occasion due to crushed confidence.

Feeble excuse. He did the same at Wembley against the blunts for Huddersfield in 2012.