Jordan Rhodes

Guest Theboylangers

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

True, you can't blame Rhodes for today but he's not pulled any trees up in any game he's played for us. I think in a few years time people will be saying that's worst £6 to £10 million that's been spent. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

Pretty much the most accurate description you'll see of the match, great summary.

Guest Theboylangers
5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Why on Earth single him out and start a thread on him then? There’s 11 other players you could have picked before Rhodes. Embarrassing.

The question was have we ruined him. In my opinion we have by the tactics employed by CC. I didn't pick on him but overall he has been ineffective since he joined us. 

It needs discussing because at one point, he would have probably won that game on his own. 

10 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

The question was have we ruined him. In my opinion we have by the tactics employed by CC. I didn't pick on him but overall he has been ineffective since he joined us. 

It needs discussing because at one point, he would have probably won that game on his own. 

I can’t believe, that out of the 300 things to point the finger at today, you’ve come up with this. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

I can’t believe, that out of the 300 things to point the finger at today, you’ve come up with this. Ridiculous.

I've come up with JR because he was sent on as a sub to potentially change the game. 

He didn't. 

Now I am not saying that the result was his fault but if you bring on a 10m striker, you might expect him to have some sort of impact.

The fact that he didn't  (and hasn't done for numerous games now) is not his fault. However, we have spent 10 million pounds on a striker that rarely scores. 

I want JR to be a massive success at Wednesday but right now, it's not looking good is it? 

Tactics? Not sure, but he looks a yard off the pace so if you can't see that, then maybe it isn't worth discussing this with you any more.

3 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

One of the least effective substitutions ever. 

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Have we destroyed previously one of the best strikers in this division? 

Yes Winnal was class before Carlos bought and ruined him.

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Defiantly .  

I dont think we've helped his case bringing him on and playing him as a lone striker for much of the season, dont get me wrong Fletcher and Hooper deserve to start on merit but the way Rhodes has been used is criminal.

Hopefully a new manager will know what they have and get the best out of him.

Edited by Blue and white

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

He was completely ineffective when we brought him in in the first place - why do you think they let him go?

I don't know whether he picked up a knock or mentally it's just not there, but what kind of striker declines to take a penalty?  That spoke volumes to me.

2 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Check out my response to Rumbelows91. But don’t let that get in the way of me asking a genuine question. 

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

rhodes peaked 4 years ago and he isnt ever going to be that player again

Suspect that's right and it looked that way when he arrived on loan in Feb. We ought to have prevaricated in the summer.

Guest We Shall Overcome

No! Carvalhal Has Full Stop!!!