Jordan Rhodes

Guest Theboylangers

Guest Theboylangers

One of the least effective substitutions ever. 

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

Have we destroyed previously one of the best strikers in this division? 

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Of all the gigantic, colossal clvsterfvcks of defending, abysmal passing and tactical errors, I'm not sure Jordan Rhodes deserves singling out for anything other than being thrown on to chase a lost cause.

Hey mate, I’m not singling him out. There were way more shocking performances and Rhodes had little to do with the defeat. 

But it is a genuine question. I nearly put has Carlos ruined him but didn’t want to add fuel to the flame. 

Player is great every where then comes to wednesday and is crap. Why? We need a system and setup that suits the player. Not forcing one down their neck. Sorry this is the managers fault. No passion and no pace. To slow in the buildup as we don't have Ronaldinho or messi. It's very difficult to score in a slow build up if you don't have world class players. He has had time and to be honest he hasent learned anything about english football. 

This has been covered a hundred times but if we need to go over it again - many said when we signed him that he will fail because we don't play the game that works to his strengths. He is an out and out poacher who needs quality early crosses. We don't do this and are now seeing what many predicted. I don't blame Rhodes. He isn't even missing chances and it takes us an eternity to break from defence to attack.

We should have kept Winnall and spent the £10m (or whatever) on a fast tricky winger and a full back, imo.

15 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Now don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I would have snatched your hand off to think we could sign him but he has regressed to the point of being almost embarrassing.

He was completely ineffective when we brought him in in the first place - why do you think they let him go?

I don't know whether he picked up a knock or mentally it's just not there, but what kind of striker declines to take a penalty?  That spoke volumes to me.

5 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Hey mate, I’m not singling him out. There were way more shocking performances and Rhodes had little to do with the defeat. 

But it is a genuine question. I nearly put has Carlos ruined him but didn’t want to add fuel to the flame. 

I think that would be a fairer question!

there aren't too many players that Carlos has signed that have enhanced their reputations.

13 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

When he comes on I have zero hope of him doing the business. 

Completrly ineffective 

Sadly, this is how I feel too. I don't know whether we're not playing to his strengths or what, but all I know is that taking Fletcher off for Rhodes has left us looking a worse team every time we've made that substitution.

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

After he came on, how many balls were put anywhere near him?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Sadly, this is how I feel too. I don't know whether we're not playing to his strengths or what, but all I know is that taking Fletcher off for Rhodes has left us looking a worse team every time we've made that substitution.

rhodes peaked 4 years ago and he isnt ever going to be that player again

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

lol

Reach defending like a 12yo

Hunt getting mugged off by a 12yo

Van Aken playing like a carthorse

Lees Getting bullied by Leon flipping Clarke.

Westwood being very average for every goal

Jones being non existent first half

But let’s throw the book at Jordan Rhodes for a 15 minute cameo.

Unbelievable.

Check out my response to Rumbelows91. But don’t let that get in the way of me asking a genuine question.