Who is going to defend him now?

Shambles. Out thought, out fought tactically done up like a kipper. Attack with pace down the wings while our fullbacks are being wingers and our wide man are all tucked inside defending the middle. Worst part was we STILL looked shocking defencivly down the middle as well. Just all round shocking, that 12 year old made hunt look like he wouldn't get in my local Sunday league side, no support exposed at every turn. If I can take one positive Hooper scored again. 

4 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Big game bottlers. Can't keep carrying on like this. Needs to take full responsibility for today.

Should've gone in May and now we're stuck with him. Will be surprised if DC pulls the trigger.

Depends of the next two results next week, Birmingham and Leeds.tbh:ph34r:

Guest kelliesleftnut
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Let's be honest this result is no surprise to a lot of us. I even suspected this could happen after some performances last season with them riding high. We have yet again failed to turn up for a big game and the excuses that he doesn't coach the players to make mistakes wears thin after watching them make them on a regular basis. What I would say though is he should have been harder on the group of players today instead of trying to deflect the blame. They deserved to be crucified today after that. I wonder if they will feel a little guilty when they packet those fat cat salaries at the end of the month.

Bang on RS but it took CC 45 minutes to change things on the pitch after a poor first half, we had a good first 6 minutes in the scond half and Wilder made tactical changes to nullify us, CC has to shoulder the blame as much so as the players.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I'd take Derby defeats and a promotion, but his Inability to understand/motivate for  this game and the playoffs has left me fuming. 

We didnt need to hear a measured interview from him just now. He doesn't understand

Wilder had his callow youth and third-tier detritus absolutely up for it and frothing.

Ours?  Meh, just another match.  

It showed.

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

This isn’t a kneejerk and just because of today, it’s only 3 points, but Carlos has had years, millions in wages and transfer fees, and he just simply isn’t going to get us promoted. His big game record is absolutely atrocious and today just tops it off. Personally I’ve never rated him, he has achieved nothing as a manager, and I wanted him gone after failing agai  last season. Our squad is an expensive unbalanced mess and there’s one man that is largely responsible for that.

Chansiri can you please please please get a proper football manager into the club?

You’ve invested a fortune and this chump has largely wasted it.

Carlos OUT.

Rather get shut of our Mardy Arsed fans who can't stomach a defeat. My message to you is SUCK IT UP or maybe take up a more sedate game like Croquet.

55 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Ridiculous blaming Carlos for that horror show today.

How could he have done anything about our defending?

I don't think he should have stayed after the playoffs but today was the players fault

Having fullbacks playing as wingers with wide men tucked inside was our main problem. Wilder worked this out, hit us wide with pace while our fullbacks aren't in position, or letting them  get one on one or two and exposed times and time again. Hunt has played  well this year reach too, but wilder did Carlos tactically today, that is one of the main reasons we looked so bad defending. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

The thing that possibly frustrates me most - United as a team are clearly greater than the sum of their parts. I still wouldn't take any of their players in our starting XI, because on paper none of them are overly talented, but Wilder's got them functioning as a unit that's bloody horrible to play against.

We, on the other hand, are so much less than the sum of our parts. We have got massive amounts of talent and experience in our team, yet our performances are either stale and one-dimensional (e.g. QPR, Preston, Burton) or downright shambolic (like today). There's no cohesion at the front or back and it really showed today. Do other teams in this league fear us at the moment? I strongly doubt it. 

Reading through this thread  - think some are a bit too eager to write today off and move on, saying "suck it up" and so on. A newly promoted Sheffield United side without its two best strikers just put four past us at Hillsborough. That indicates that something is seriously amiss at the club and needs putting right immediately.

That said, today is also proving once again how managers act as a massive lightning rod for negativity around the club. Carlos got it badly wrong with this game, but so did the players, most of whom showed no fight, no composure and no creativity or incentiveness. Credit to Hooper and Joao for a great deal of effort and some well taken goals, but the less said about the rest, the better.

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Obviously he needs to go , he's tactically inept and the squad is a bit of a mess.

however, he didn't make the back five act like complete and utter morons. Carlos rightly takes some blame but it's shared with each and every one of those incredibly well paid gutless players on the field

He did choose to play a man that can't defend at left back and then play no wide man in front of him to protect him.

He also appears to have chosen Van Aken out of "200 centre halfs" as the best option. Early days but against Forest and United he's looked extremely suspect defensively.

No wonder Lees had a nightmare with that going on to the left.

That summed up the fourth goal. If Lees trusted Van Aken like he does Loovens, there is no way he'd have gone across. He'd have just given cover and let his partner deal with it.