Who is going to defend him now?

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Blaming Carlos after this game?

Seems like many fans have been blinded by the occasion and lost sense of perspective.

Maybe but we do lack bottle. But who signs the players. Who sets the team up.

I can count on one hand the games we have played really well this season and

last.

We keep scraping results like against Brentford and Cardiff and then kid ourselves we are better than we are.

It's those times we probably overreact more than times like this.

This game highlighted some of the problems that we have.

The blades will do the double in us this season. We will scrape into the playoffs (again) and get knocked out with a limp performance (again) and yet fans will still defend him. Only 1 game from the prem etc.

I was very disappointed he was given yet another chance, even after spunking nearly £20 million on players who don't or rarely start.

Does Carlos chose the players he signs? I can't see any logic in our signings. We've possibly got 3 of the best in the box strikers in the league. But where is the width and pace to get the ball in. Has Carlos been strong enough to say to recruitment look I need someone who can cross a ball. Surely he sees this? What's the game plan? If your not going to have wingers then need pace up top. Similarly I don't like how Carlos sets out the midfield. It worked first season. If we look at when we score, always we second half, surely he must see he sets his tactics teams up incorrect.

I don't post often but we've wasted a lot of money on this team

I have read plenty of comments on here belittling Wilder. Today Carlos was comprehensively out thought and out played by his opposite number.

I was ambivalent as to whether Carlos should stay but, if ever there was a game that displayed that he is not the man to take the club forward, it was played out this afternoon.

Comprehensively second best to an outfit like that with goals scored by a player we discarded and laughed at.

Pack your bags Carlos!

Me then...

I've been for a long time in the Carlos out brigade.

But not in this match, at 2-2 there was only going to be one winner, us.

But the players gifted them 3 of their 4 goals, no manager can plan for that, they looked a good side, the best away side I've seen at Hillsborough for ages.

They played well, got lucky with the third goal, that foooked us big time. They have a couple of class players whom were up for it.

Really, they ain't such a bad side and when our players foooook up, even a poor team will take advantage....not CC's fault on this occasion

I think it's now time to look in, after such a  result, and start asking do we have the right people for the cause?

I've backed Carlos time and again, and I want him to succeed so badly, but I just don't think he's got it in him

after today. We have a squad that should be pushing for the top two, spent a lot of money, the fans are paying through the nose and now is the time to start delivering. How you can go 2-0 down inside 15 mins is one thing, to get back into it then collapse again is unforgivable.

Are results and performance really at the level they need to be, in Carlos' third season, to be top 2? Are we looking like Newcastle, Brighton, Middlesbrough, Burnley etc that have gone up the past few years? I don't think we are, and I think I've finally lost faith.

19 minutes ago, pussface said:

The blades will do the double in us this season. We will scrape into the playoffs (again) and get knocked out with a limp performance (again) and yet fans will still defend him. Only 1 game from the prem etc.

I was very disappointed he was given yet another chance, even after spunking nearly £20 million on players who don't or rarely start.

Completely agree.

As soon as the piggies got promoted I knew they'd do the double over us if Carlos was still in charge. His record in big games is atrocious but he knows how to grind out enough narrow victories to be play-off contenders,

I know you only get 3 points for winning but this result hurts like flipping hell. It's as if the mind the gap season and everything since was for nothing.

Carlos has some to blame for today but the massive majority of the blame needs to be laid at the players feet, especially the defeat, after that shambles. He signs the players (questionable), he picks them...then it's upto them. He can't do everything for them whilst they're on the pitch FFS, not only have the players lets us and themselves down but Carlos as well. 

Unfortunately the modern day football trend is to keep changing managers as and when the wind blows, although I'm yet to see any real examples that this approach works and I also don't understand who is a ready-made replacement for Carlos?