George Hirst

George Hirst will not be wednesday player next season. We need to start getting to grips with that instead of calling for him to be in the squad above 2 inform strikers, our target man, and clubs highest ever transfer. When the kid  has very little league experience and is getting frozen out in the under 23s 

Brooks is playing as they have a selection crisis up front.

He's doing well, but wouldn't have a chance if Sharpe was available.

We don't have the same selection worries with our forwards.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

1 hour ago, Neal M said:

Brooks is playing as they have a selection crisis up front.

He's doing well, but wouldn't have a chance if Sharpe was available.

We don't have the same selection worries with our forwards.

Brooks has been in the squad for every game of theirs. He can play in midfield, out wide up front so nothing to do with Sharp and other strikers being injured. Young player given a chance on merit.

Edited by Etchesketch

1 hour ago, Sheff44 said:

Loved him to have been on bench today, their young wonderkid looks the business. Will our strikers be at top of goalscoring charts at end of season ? I doubt it, GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

What, you mean stick him in the net so we don't ship 4? I'm fed up of regular bacon creating aliases coming on here and starting pointless threads

7 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Brooks has been in the squad for every game of theirs. He can play in midfield, out wide up front so nothing to do with Sharp and other strikers being injured. Young player given a chance on merit.

Well I'll bow to your knowledge on all things pig related, but if correct it shows there's even less of a comparison with Hirst.

Hirst isn't so versitile and the fact remains that there are better strikers above him in the pecking order. I'm all for picking players on merit - but the same applies to the player he would replace.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Brooks plays up front with Hirst for England.

But apparently Hirst isn't ready. Brooks looked more than ready today. 

3 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Well I'll bow to your knowledge on all things pig related, but if correct it shows there's even less of a comparison with Hirst.

Hirst isn't so versitile and the fact remains that there are better strikers above him in the pecking order. I'm all for picking players on merit - but the same applies to the player he would replace.

To be fair Brooks is two years older than George Hirst and has played on loan against men in non league.  Hirst has yet to play anything other than age group football.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But  who do you drop?  Brooks got his chance today as others weren't fit and he took it. But our strikers are all fit and scoring  so who do you drop?

1 minute ago, BathgateBob said:

But  who do you drop?  Brooks got his chance today as others weren't fit and he took it. But our strikers are all fit and scoring  so who do you drop?

Possibly a place instead of Nuhiu or Joao on the bench would be only realistic option but he is getting further and further away from a game and not closer as he is in dispute and not playing at all even for U23s.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So who are you dropping for him?

And don't pretend it's Big Dave - he's only in the squad sparingly and when he comes on it's with less than ten minutes to ago, and quite often as an extra time sub.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Hirst is not the issue. Clearly everywhere else is not strikers . No pace down wings Wallace too old crosses corners free kicks diabolical . Jones bannan centre mid without doubt weakest midfield 2 in division  can't tackle and score 1 a piece a season any top side scores appx 15 from centre mid and have players what can tackle and run the game .and no pace whatsoever . Carlos has to go this has been coming Brentford tore us to pieces in last home game and could have had 4 by half time. Get new manager in play hutch and abdi next game and try to get it changed in January maybe even this write season off .