CARLOS OUT!

12 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

With respect, how in the world can the manager be the one who made Leon Clarke look good today? Did he play? Was he the one who couldn't defend for toffee every time he and the rest of the United players were on the ball?

The ones who made their team look like superstars today were the people on the pitch playing in blue and white. Hunt and Reach both had their defensive weaknesses shown up, and while Lees and Van Aken have looked relatively solid in the last 3 or 4 games they were both at sea today. Westwood is another who is usually a lot more solid for us than he was today.

Whether you're Carlos in or Carlos out, I simply can't see how you can pin all of the blame for today's result on him today.

Carlos couldn't get his team up for the biggest game of he season

Don't you see the pattern yet?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Carlos takes some blame today as he got it wrong in the first half. However for me the players really let him down. With the exception of Bannan, Hooper and Joao none of the players came out of that with any credit. The whole back 5 had an absolute shocker - at times it was school boy stuff. We really missed Loovens leadership qualities today. No way we would have conceded 4 with him in the side.

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Carlos takes some blame today as he got it wrong in the first half. However for me the players really let him down. With the exception of Bannan, Hooper and Joao none of the players came out of that with any credit. The whole back 5 had an absolute shocker - at times it was school boy stuff. We really missed Loovens leadership qualities today. No way we would have conceded 4 with him in the side.

Bannan deserves credit?

He was awful today.

Hooper and Joao I'll give credit for good goals. 

Agreed about Loovens. We need him back.

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Carlos couldn't get his team up for the biggest game of he season

Don't you see the pattern yet?

You didn't really answer my points there.

Undoubtedly, the manager takes some of the blame for any game where we weren't tactically perfect. And today, we certainly weren't tactically perfect, not by a long shot.

However, the players are the ones who didn't put a shift in today, they are the ones who made crucial errors for the goals, and they are the ones who should bear the majority of the responsibility for today's display.

The 'managers responsibility to get the team up for it' argument is a bit a fallacy, too - they are professional footballers, and they shouldn't need a man on the touchline to tell them to play their best and get stuck in.

Players need to stand up and take ownership of that performance today. Then they and the manager need to come together, address the issues and work out how to improve. Letting them get away scot-free while Carlos takes 100% of the blame is a recipe for disaster.

5 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Bannan deserves credit?

He was awful today.

Hooper and Joao I'll give credit for good goals. 

Agreed about Loovens. We need him back.

The majority of our best attacking moments came from Bannan in my opinion. But we all see the game differently I suppose.

This, for example, is a nice sentiment from the manager, but the wrong way of addressing today's defeat in my view. Sure, he doesn't want them to play as if they are under pressure, but they need to accept when and where they have made mistakes and use that knowledge to improve.

IMG_1396.PNG

It's not just about today's performance, QPR, Sunderland and Brentford were all well below par first half performances. 

We got out of jail against Brentford who should have been out of sight before Hooper's goal on half time, Then we had a twenty minute spell where we completely dominated them before getting our nose's in front then reverting to our now normal style of not straying too far from the centrehalves.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

I wouldn't have kept him after the play-off debacle of last year. He has brought success to the club but at a price, and a price that I think other managers would have achived more with. Having a manager for more than two years isn't "swapping and changing". He's been given plenty of time and we're not progressing, yet are spending more money. It's now time he went.

Many previous Wednesday managers must be looking at the squad Carlos has to hand and wondering what they could've achieved given such resources.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Played off the park by a team that cost sod all to assemble . THAT is truly unacceptable 

This is the promble.

Spent millions on weak players who are not resilient or robust enough when it matters.

Carlos still seems to think that we can get out of the Championship playing like Real Madrid/Barcelona style football,when today's result and others before this season when we've come up against the physically stronger sides like Cardiff and the Blunts we struggle big time. Judgement day awaits CC unless we see a dramatic run of form in the next two to four fixtures.:columbo:

53 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Bannan was absolutely shocking first half, I don't normally nock him and always tries to give a good performance, but got cought in possession over and over, struggled to find a man and kept giving the ball away, though Jones was not much better. Wilder knew our width comes from our full backs, so as easy to counter. Play too high up wingers and expose the fact the right and left midfield were tucking in and catch our fullbacks on a quick counter high up and out of position, simple but effective, that 12 year old on the left exposed hunt and likewise on the right with reach time and again, then to make things worse, we struggled down the middle to defend too. Part blame on players, part on Carlos, if you can't get your players stoked up and up for it in THE derby, your in trouble. 

They looked like a team who’d been waiting 5 years to play us. 

We looked like a team that had just been asked to play the game at short notice. 

No fire, no blood, no thunder, no passion, no heart. 

An awful day all around. How we concede 4 to a team like that is incredible. All the pre match concerns were laid out in full. 

Carlos won’t understand the Derby and what he means, he won’t get us up for it. He won’t be bold, we won’t come out of the blocks fast. 

I’ve been saying it since the Rangers game, get this man out. No chance of going up under him and another derby defeat will await if we keep him. 

Hate even typing what I have but it’s the truth and every passing week more and more of us know this.