CARLOS OUT!

Utter shambles.... I thought Carlos was turning the corner.. Two nil down before we realised we were in a Derby. Whose really to blame, not sure it's All Carlos fault, Bannan and Jones cought out time and time again first half hour, back for looking all over. Time to pull George graham's rope out and tie the back four together. Never looked like a cohesive unit all game. 

I've been as much a critic of Carlos as anyone but this dreadful result doesn't make me want him out any more than before. I wouldn't blame him for today - he went with a positive line-up, as most fans have called for repeatedly - but Hunt and Reach's defensive frailties were exposed while normally ultra reliable players like Westwood and Lees were culpable for goals. 

Unfortunately our back four, plus the keeper and Jones the midfield shield, all had an off day at once hence why a team that had Leon Clarke and a kid playing his second ever game up front hit 4 goals past us. 

Its easy to slag the team and the manager but it's a bit of a freak result imo.

Edited by paulrs

11 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Should do the decent thing and admit he can't get this side into the Prem and resign.We all think he's a great guy and we'd have a new level of respect for him if he went.

Agreed.Personally i think he has taken the team has far as he possibly can.:columbo:

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

I've been as much a critic of Carlos as anyone but this dreadful result doesn't make me want him out any more than before. I wouldn't blame him for today - he went with a positive line-up, as most fans have called for repeatedly - but Hunt and Reach's defensive frailties were exposed while normally ultra reliable players like Westwood and Lees were culpable for goals. 

Unfortunately our back four, plus the keeper and Jones the midfield shield, all had an off day at once hence why a team that had Leon Clarke and a kid playing his second ever game up front hit 4 goals past us. 

Its east to slag the team and the manager but it's a bit of a freak result imo.

How in the hell is playing 3 CM's in a midfield 4 positive? 

And have a look at out bench today.

I don't care Joao scored a goal, what attacking midfield options were on the bench?

Carlos thinks playing 3 or 4 strikers in the last 20 minutes is some sort of attacking genius.

Where was the positivity early on, where was the energy? It's a derby game ffs.

Carlos has to go, it's the only thing that will save our season.

That game just highlighted that either our coaching or recruitment is not up to scratch.

Baring in mind that Carlos said we've looked at 200 centre backs, yet we thought Carter-vickers wasn't good enough? Because there's no way he would have chosen them over us if we did want him. 

Their league 1 players looked far better than us today.  Chansiri needs to think about who's to blame for that situation and fast

We lost today because of 3 dreadful defensive errors, one very good free kick, and an overall lack of bottle shown by most of the players. I'm not sure that the manager can be blamed for the goals we conceded, which ultimately did for us today.

Tactics in the first half weren't good, exacerbated by the fact our players looked like strangers and couldn't string two passes together. The change at half time, while a strange one to most people, obviously worked in terms of getting us back level, however briefly.

The players just gave in after their third. It was mightily sloppy defending, as was the fourth. As I've said a few times today, I think the players need to take responsibility for those errors.

IMO, it would be the wrong time to sack the manager, particularly when it's the players who should bear the brunt of the blame for today's defeat.

Just now, theowlsman said:

He's not even out of the dressing room yet. Assume ripping into the pathetic performers still. No interview with Sky this time.

As he should be doing. They have let him, the club and the supporters down today.

Gary Hooper is maybe excused, but everyone else should hang their heads in shame. 

When you consistently make a 10 million pound striker look ordinary

And you make a journeyman league 1 striker look good

Then I think it's time to call it a day

Bottled yet another big game

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Maybe it's time to freshen things up and get a fresh new approach. We keep papering over cracks instead of filling them in sanding them down and doing a proper job. Wilder new how we would set up, new how we would play and did us tactically. Not good enough. Was the worst Derby performance I've seen in my time 1985 onwards. 

5 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

We lost today because of 3 dreadful defensive errors, one very good free kick, and an overall lack of bottle shown by most of the players. I'm not sure that the manager can be blamed for the goals we conceded, which ultimately did for us today.

Tactics in the first half weren't good, exacerbated by the fact our players looked like strangers and couldn't string two passes together. The change at half time, while a strange one to most people, obviously worked in terms of getting us back level, however briefly.

The players just gave in after their third. It was mightily sloppy defending, as was the fourth. As I've said a few times today, I think the players need to take responsibility for those errors.

IMO, it would be the wrong time to sack the manager, particularly when it's the players who should bear the brunt of the blame for today's defeat.

We lost because we were out done tactically, out done physically and out played by a TEAM of inferior players. Shambles all around. Unforgivable the amount of 50-50's we lost and how many headers they won. Pathetic,

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

When you consistently make a 10 million pound striker look ordinary

And you make a journeyman league 1 striker look good

Then I think it's time to call it a day

Bottled yet another big game

With respect, how in the world can the manager be the one who made Leon Clarke look good today? Did he play? Was he the one who couldn't defend for toffee every time he and the rest of the United players were on the ball?

The ones who made their team look like superstars today were the people on the pitch playing in blue and white. Hunt and Reach both had their defensive weaknesses shown up, and while Lees and Van Aken have looked relatively solid in the last 3 or 4 games they were both at sea today. Westwood is another who is usually a lot more solid for us than he was today.

Whether you're Carlos in or Carlos out, I simply can't see how you can pin all of the blame for today's result on him today.

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He's not even out of the dressing room yet. Assume ripping into the pathetic performers still. No interview with Sky this time.

He has already told us that he NEVER talks to the players after the game.

Let's that sink in regarding today's game.

They all go away to mull things over and sleep on it, to arrive back tomorrow to analyse.

Do you think Wilder will leave the players too it afterwards after this win? 

I know what kind of manager I want at my club.

Just now, Walt said:

We lost because we were out done tactically, out done physically and out played by a TEAM of inferior players. Shambles all around. Unforgivable the amount of 50-50's we lost and how many headers they won. Pathetic,

True. While the goals were from defending errors, it was a bad performance all round. That wasn't solely down to tactics though. For me, it was a lot more down to the players not showing up or having any bottle. I don't think that can be 100% pinned on the manager.

I know that's not what your post is specifically suggesting, that's more just in response to the thread as a whole.

38 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Should do the decent thing and admit he can't get this side into the Prem and resign.We all think he's a great guy and we'd have a new level of respect for him if he went.

When we get promoted will you do the decent thing and resign from posting here and calling yourself a supporter?

I think it's a manager's job to get the players focused, organised and fired up to win every game. Otherwise why have a manager? The players know how to play their own positions 

Wilder seems to be a very good manager who gets the most out of his players, like Clarke and piggy sharp.

its been 2.5 years and I still don't get the feeling Carlos has that same effect on his players