One thing I hope today

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Today I really hope that Carlos doesn’t say that Sunday is just another game 

I’m sure he won’t but there’s this little tiny nagging fear that he might

lol

It's just another game against a tin pot jealous copy cat club who think they are our rivals. They are continually in therapy and spend many years sectioned in a psychiatric unit.

2 hours ago, Maxine said:

I don't think he will, I think he will no know how important it is. 

Course he will!

Shouldnt be forgotten though that less than a week ago we faced wan*ker Warnock who, in a similar vein, was trying to trip us up...just before a steel city derby. Wouldn’t that sneering twa*t have loved to register a win on behalf of his scrubber mates.

Well he didn’t did he...and don’t underestimate how much that failure (Warnock being usually able to fire em up/Cardiff sat above us in the table/their home fixture) dented the spirit of sheff Utd and its feckless goon supporters this week

Let Carlos to do his stuff.

I think it's important Carlos & the players know the size of the game. 

But, if the players go into it like raging bulls, we won't play our best football. 

For the past 10 or so derby games, we've been going into them as underdogs. It was important for us to go into those games showing aggression and an appetite to try and level the playing field. Generally, we did that, and as a result, we got a lot of very positive results, despite technically, been the inferior side. (Looking back at some of the derby games this week, we had a dreadful side in some of those!)

This game is very different. We are vastly superior technically to United. It is United who need the siege mentality, the underdog approach. They need to knock us off our stride, not the other way round.

I'd hope Carlos appreciates the derby game, knows it's importance and the momentum and affect it can cause (both negative and positive)...but, I hope the players go into the game in their similar mindset. They've shown time and time again, they are made of strong stuff, and show a huge amount of character. That's not under question...we're just as much a team (if not more so) than United, and we have the better players.

Go out, play our game, and we should come out on top.  If we get carried away with the occasion, we could end up playing the sort of scrappy football United will want us to play. I know United like to play football, but Wilder aint daft. He knows his side won't be able to go toe-to-toe with Wednesday footballing wise...they'll want to narrow that gulf, and make it a scrappy affair. Wednesday have to do all they can, not to allow that to happen.

2 hours ago, pride_of_the_road said:

When we go one nil up for sure we will close the doors and the windows:manager:

True. The concern for me is that it takes him a couple of games to suss out new teams/managers...Burton,  Rotherham,  Preston,  Bolton spring to mind.

Hope Sunday bucks the trend and we smash their windows and doors to pieces.

21 minutes ago, striker said:

True. The concern for me is that it takes him a couple of games to suss out new teams/managers...Burton,  Rotherham,  Preston,  Bolton spring to mind.

Same here. We've got a team of pretty footballers but no real hardmen. They will be syked up for this due to their manager. I'm not sure going 1 nil up, being organised and defending for our lives will be good enough on Sunday. 

The most frustrating thing is that when we attack we actually look like we could batter sides, we just don't get the chance after we score.

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, striker said:

every team in the division was a 'new team' to Carlos in that first season - and we got to the Play Off Final

On 22/09/2017 at 10:19, striker said:

But really, there is very little depth to Wilder is there. Not much to suss out, in conduct terms he's an empty cracker barrel He's a low brow oinking wannabe! 

:manager:

Carlos, better coat, better words, better behaviour, a better class of manager.

I'm hoping that in front of National TV cameras, when interviewed, he borrows Big Ron's gag.

"There are only two clubs in the Sheffield. Sheffield Wednesday and Josephines".

I'm sure Big Ron wouldn't mind. Sky would lap it up as Carlos giggled hysterically to himself like a little schoolboy.

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2017 at 07:09, @owlstalk said:

Yeah 

I'm kind of expecting it in a strange way

Dunno why - just get the feeling it's the sort of thing he might say in good faith to try and alleviate some of the pressure on his players without realising the impact

Exactly the reason why a press conference and what’s said in the dressing room are country miles apart 

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I'm hoping that in front of National TV cameras, when interviewed, he borrows Big Ron's gag.

"There are only two clubs in the Sheffield. Sheffield Wednesday and Josephines".

I'm sure Big Ron wouldn't mind. Sky would lap it up as Carlos giggled hysterically to himself like a little schoolboy.

:tango:lol