Give SAG a break

Not living in Sheffield, it I'm took me a while to get my head around the SAG thing. An advisory body seems irrelevant when there is a professional body in existence - is the H&SE.

IF the recommendations of SAG are to be followed the very least that should happen is the minutes of their meetings are published and the reasons for their recommendations spelt out. The lack of clarity only creates anger and mistrust. For example, have SAG recommended using netting for segregation purposes or was it a club decision?

• Haha 1

Maybe the club should do the right thing; invest in bringing the ground up to modern safety standards and then SAG wouldn’t have a leg to stand on with their segregation rules.

It’s pathetic that a 32K attendance is now a ‘sellout’ in a 40K stadium; the total amount of lost revenue must be a concern for DC.  No wonder POTG prices are a complete disgrace to compensate.

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Sorry what a load of old dross. The kop for example has existed in its post terraced form for roughly 25 years with no issues whatsoever. I've probably attended roughly 250-300 matches in that stand including the apparent chaos that was the Brighton semi final. No issues at all. 

North stand again is fine .

the west stand, despite being an eye sore is again perfectly safe . QPR and Brentford's away sections are far more cramped than any area at hills borough yet they sell at capacity. 

It staggers me people exist who would actually support this level of idiocy. Our ground could hold capacity easily, without the need of silly netting and areas off sale. 

not legally it cant......I don't know the in's and out's of what's required but there's a government book that details what safety measures have to be in place and it's a FACT that we cant meet those measures with a full capacity ......the ends at QPR & Brentford are cramped but due to the small capacity they hold they must be legal if they wernt they wouldn't get a safety certificate and would be closed down .......

12 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

We all have to remember Hillsborough will always be a special case because of what happened in 1989. 96 people died at our stadium. All the restrictions that have been put in place are for our safety. The North Stand lost 100's seats after the Bradford fire and nobody said a word. So the next time you moan about restrictions at Football grounds being made which makes life a little inconvenient remeber that before the restrictions were put into place, football fans used to DIE!

What's your role with SAG  ? 

18 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Just one example 20 meters of seat netted off at Hillsborough v a row of 30 or 40 stewards at other grounds.

SAG is an advisory group, I would have thought we have the option to engage a professional body like the H&SE rather than a bunch of amateurs in their second jobs as advisors.

Are there no H&S advisers in the SAG group. That would seem very strange.

18 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The reason I get so angry on this issue is that I, whos education advanced no further than a diploma, could have saved 96 lives that fateful day had I had Duckenfields responsibility. Everyone knew of the danger of the tunnel and the importance of the drop lock battens, when the fences went up the drop lock battens increased in importance a 1,000 fold.   

Wow! Put yourself forward as the main prosecution witness. Explain what went wrong to everyone. Could have saved millions if only people had known.