Give SAG a break

We all have to remember Hillsborough will always be a special case because of what happened in 1989. 96 people died at our stadium. All the restrictions that have been put in place are for our safety. The North Stand lost 100's seats after the Bradford fire and nobody said a word. So the next time you moan about restrictions at Football grounds being made which makes life a little inconvenient remeber that before the restrictions were put into place, football fans used to DIE!

It was a tragic event, unimaginable for any modern days fans like me. But it was over 25 years ago. Grounds have changed massively, and we seem to still be tarnished by it and therefore treated differently. It is truly outrageous when I have seen some of the stands and concourses at away grounds.

F*** 'em I say. 

The Kop used to hold 22,000, it now holds less than half that and now we're told the exits aren't good enough...

Many grounds have a line of stewards separating fans, we have separate stands and still have to net off rows of seats...

Restrictions are fine if they're seen to be even and fair throughout the land and county but our ground restrictions are over zealous.

SAG could quite publicly come out and say we've done this due to that etc but we get varying levels of standards from em. Wycombe/ Arsenal / Brighton etc. No consistency whatsoever.

FXXK SAG appointed QANGO brought into being to cover the arses of the guilty, namely Council, and emergency services. I'd give SAG a break if the local Authority would give us a chance to here their hustings statements prior to the SAG elections; That seems fair ! 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
spelling

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No No it's all in the interpretation every safety group has a different slant on the same pieces of legislation.   

if that's so why don't the club do something about it .......i'll tell you why because they'd lose .....the ground falls down on safety standards thats wriiten in the rules if it didn't do really think chansiri would let it ride ....we've obviously done summat coz the capacity as risen by a 1000 or so but they need to do more .

Edited by torryowl

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if that's so why don't the club do something about it .......i'll tell you why because they'd lose .....the ground falls down on safety standards that wriiten in the rules if it didn't do really think chansiri would let ride ....we've obviously done summat coz the capacity as risen by a 1000 or so but they need to do more .

Just one example 20 meters of seat netted off at Hillsborough v a row of 30 or 40 stewards at other grounds.

SAG is an advisory group, I would have thought we have the option to engage a professional body like the H&SE rather than a bunch of amateurs in their second jobs as advisors.

• Like 1

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Just one example 20 meters of seat netted off at Hillsborough v a row of 30 or 40 stewards at other grounds.

SAG is an advisory group, I would have thought we have the option to engage a professional body like the H&SE rather than a bunch of amateurs in their second jobs as advisors.

well maybe you know more than chansiri then ....but I doubt it .............nev we are talking about football club that's losing 1000s and it's been going on for years do you really think that if they had a leg to stand on that they wouldn't do summat about it .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

well maybe you know more than chansiri then ....but I doubt it .............nev we are talking about football club that's losing 1000s and it's been going on for years do you really think that if they had a leg to stand on that they wouldn't do summat about it .

I'm not sure, but I can't imagine we are rolling over and having our belly tickled. Pretty, sure that a couple of meetings back DC said words to the effect wheels were in motion.

The reason I get so angry on this issue is that I, whos education advanced no further than a diploma, could have saved 96 lives that fateful day had I had Duckenfields responsibility. Everyone knew of the danger of the tunnel and the importance of the drop lock battens, when the fences went up the drop lock battens increased in importance a 1,000 fold.   

Sorry what a load of old dross. The kop for example has existed in its post terraced form for roughly 25 years with no issues whatsoever. I've probably attended roughly 250-300 matches in that stand including the apparent chaos that was the Brighton semi final. No issues at all. 

North stand again is fine .

the west stand, despite being an eye sore is again perfectly safe . QPR and Brentford's away sections are far more cramped than any area at hills borough yet they sell at capacity. 

It staggers me people exist who would actually support this level of idiocy. Our ground could hold capacity easily, without the need of silly netting and areas off sale. 

What I don't get about the North Stand is that we cannot sell the whole block next to the leppings lane end. We are told that this is to do with evacuation if needed, and that at capacity it takes too long. If this were true then surely the removal of capacity would not be at one end of the stand but throughout the stand. If there was an evacuation everyone at the lep end would get out easy but the kop end not so?? 

To me me it seems there is one rule for swfc and different rules for others.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Sorry what a load of old dross. The kop for example has existed in its post terraced form for roughly 25 years with no issues whatsoever. I've probably attended roughly 250-300 matches in that stand including the apparent chaos that was the Brighton semi final. No issues at all. 

North stand again is fine .

the west stand, despite being an eye sore is again perfectly safe . QPR and Brentford's away sections are far more cramped than any area at hills borough yet they sell at capacity. 

It staggers me people exist who would actually support this level of idiocy. Our ground could hold capacity easily, without the need of silly netting and areas off sale. 

QPR is mental. It is so surprising people aren't crushed on that tiny concourse. 

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

FXXK SAG appointed QANGO brought into being to cover the arses of the guilty, namely Council, and emergency services. I'd give SAG a break if the local Authority would give us a chance to here their hustings statements prior to the SAG elections; That seems fair ! 

Wow, you clearly are a clueless pr!ck .

6 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

We all have to remember Hillsborough will always be a special case because of what happened in 1989. 96 people died at our stadium. All the restrictions that have been put in place are for our safety. The North Stand lost 100's seats after the Bradford fire and nobody said a word. So the next time you moan about restrictions at Football grounds being made which makes life a little inconvenient remeber that before the restrictions were put into place, football fans used to DIE!

People get that. The thing that bugs people is why Hillsborough is a different case to any other ground in terms of segregation. The segregation here is bigger than at Millwall.