Win lose or draw, its not that big a deal

When you look at the Boxing Day thread on here, it's deeply moving.  Not because of the football as such, but because of people looking back on who they were with.  Dads, uncles, old groups of friends, now scattered and half disappeared.

In one way that tells you that of course the football doesn't matter.  It's those long standing personal relationships which define your life.  But the football does give it texture.  You remember that time when the special thing happened.  Derby matches are ones that can be special.  Not the only ones, but much as I enjoyed the game against Forest I doubt I shall be looking back on it in twenty years.

@wednesdayokI can understand what you mean, but ....

I don't know any blades. It won't be a problem coming into work on the Monday if we've lost. Conversely, I won't be able to make a big thing of it if we win either. So nothing big happens.

I don't like us to lose or draw anyway but if we lose  don't win this one I will feel a lot worse than after any other game.

1 hour ago, wednesdayok said:

Win lose or draw v United does

it make it such a big deal what happens? Does your life change dramatically? Dont think so, if its about bragging rights, you got problems, its only an effing game of football, we lose or draw so what? A win just gives me a better nights sleep, football is not all there is in this short life, so get a grip. 

It doesn't matter when you're 5 points in front with 2 games in hand, you can afford to lose in that situation

Oh hang on........

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

it make it such a big deal what happens? Does your life change dramatically? Dont think so, if its about bragging rights, you got problems, its only an effing game of football, we lose or draw so what? A win just gives me a better nights sleep, football is not all there is in this short life, so get a grip. 

:manager::stuwinky:garymegson:tango::duntmatter:

Lose or draw not the right phrase, we need to win, not because its blunts but because every game is critical, I feel the same before any game

41 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

When you look at the Boxing Day thread on here, it's deeply moving.  Not because of the football as such, but because of people looking back on who they were with.  Dads, uncles, old groups of friends, now scattered and half disappeared.

In one way that tells you that of course the football doesn't matter.  It's those long standing personal relationships which define your life.  But the football does give it texture.  You remember that time when the special thing happened.  Derby matches are ones that can be special.  Not the only ones, but much as I enjoyed the game against Forest I doubt I shall be looking back on it in twenty years.

Exactly....well said.

A friend of mine over here from Sheffield is a Blunt and he's been giving me grief over it ever since the end of last season. If they were to win he'll be absolutely unbearable so although I'm trying to be nonchalant about it, it does matter MASSIVELY!

Not to mention we need three points for other reasons!

Edited by Utah Owl

Go and wash yer mouth out pal....  got a couple of the nobs at work who haven't shut up since the end of last season blabbing on about premier league quality fleck and coutts!!!!!!!!  WTF:

It does matter and its the ONLY  game that it does matter in!!!  Scruffy Manor tramps with their Matalan tracksuits and fake gold necklaces!!!   Hope I dont hear another peep out of em until the next game at the piggery!!

Get the chuff outta here

Depending on results on Sat, we could be 1 pt off auto's this early, and with momentum, which would be fantastic considering a good chunk of the fan base wanted "CARLOS OUT"

HOWEVER, this game comes early enough in the season to recover from, BUT, the shybo you'd get from the Blunts would be awful.