Reckon there will be much hoolie bovver on Sunday?

Why even raise this as an issue.  Our wannabe 'hard boys' with boys being the appropriate description are just as pathetic.  What you will see on Sunday is groups of intellectually challenged fools hiding behind lines of police and giving it their best Danny Dyer impressions.  How hard is it (if they were really serious) in a city the size of Sheffield to organise a 'meet up' of the two sides to have a physical discussion with no police to protect them.  Frankly it's all a bit laughable and sad - FFS grow up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George said:

I got very annoyed at the BBC saying Arsenal fans had "shown great restraint" when the Cologne fans got in their end last week. No they didn't. They behaved like ordinary grown ups.

I went to Wasps v Quins on Sunday with a bunch of Wasps supporting mates. They didn't have to show restraint to avoid filling me in, we just had a laugh and a joke about it and my team (somewhat unusually) won.

Completely.   

A few years ago I went to Schalke - Dortmund.  Big local derby.  Fans naturally massed together and made a terrific noise.  But where we sat, while it was largely home fans, there were Dortmund supports in shirts, scarves, openly celebrating the Dortmund goals.  Why the hell not?  We impose segregation rules predicated on a view that football supporters can't act other than as insane criminals.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

That jumper on the right .... wow

Why say that , that's a picture from the seventies isn't it ? Everyone had one similar then WTF: then again if it was the seventies no way would any of them be giving it the big un in front of a stand full of away fans rapidly emptying towards them :ghoulguy:

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Completely.   

A few years ago I went to Schalke - Dortmund.  Big local derby.  Fans naturally massed together and made a terrific noise.  But where we sat, while it was largely home fans, there were Dortmund supports in shirts, scarves, openly celebrating the Dortmund goals.  Why the hell not?  We impose segregation rules predicated on a view that football supporters can't act other than as insane criminals.

Exactly this . Because of the hooliganism of the seventies we put the fences up and since then we have treated football fans along strictly us and them lines . People act as they are treated and it's ingrained into football that its as partisan as possible . Look at the songs we all sing , if everyone was sat together you wouldn't shout in the persons ear next to you , you're sh17 and you know you are . Nearly all of us are guilty of baiting the opposites fans which wouldn't happen if we decided to create a proper family game where , like happened before the seventies , we all stood together like normal people . Most footie fans are normal people with a minority that would fight over a blade of grass blowing the wrong way . We could do this but the powers that be don't want the hassle . Whilever we keep people apart it will give some the excuse to be violent , it's not a good excuse but it's the way it is when you create a trench , them and us atmosphere . Apart from that I don't really think about it :manager:

• Like 1