Talented Individuals

Chris Wilders carefully worded reference today. Where has this idea come from that we are not a team or lack team spirit?

Im not sure you can finish 6th and 4th in this league without team cohesion. We bounced back from Wembley and despite a slow start we appear to be doing the same again. There seems to be a "team spirit vs money" message coming from them which I think is wide of the mark and I think they will get a shock at the weekend. 

United wont sit back, which suits us down to the ground in my view.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Chris Wilders carefully worded reference today. Where has this idea come from that we are not a team or lack team spirit?

Im not sure you can finish 6th and 4th in this league without team cohesion. We bounced back from Wembley and despite a slow start we appear to be doing the same again. There seems to be a "team spirit vs money" message coming from them which I think is wide of the mark and I think they will get a shock at the weekend. 

It will suit us and the fact they have started the season well means that they will probably think they are capable of out playing us and getting a result. 

If they set up any other way then with two banks of four. We will wipe the floor with them.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

It will suit us and the fact they have started the season well means that they will probably think they are capable of out playing us and getting a result. 

If they set up any other way then with two banks of four. We will wipe the floor with them.

Lets hope so! I don't think we like it when teams press us and get in our face as PNE and Huddersfield have done in the past so that is my only concern.

Obviously pulled that one from the Neil Warnock book of coaching, mind games. 

There are certainly some games in the last 12 months where we have looked very flat...more noticeable when we were missing Lee, Hooper or Forestieri so saying that we have been reliant on certain players to almost carry the team through periods of the season isn't too far off....

Really don’t think Wilder has the nous to play mind games. He’s shown how clumsy and oafish he is with his petulant reaction at the game and the ridiculous interview talking about coach driver etc..

Even so he either knows or will have been told it’d suit Wednesday if he plays a free-flowing attacking game from the off - that’s why I’m so looking forward to the tactics of each manager, which will be illuminating.

I think there are some attempted mind games re selection. He mentioned they had injury problems at the top of the pitch but my guess is that both Sharp and Donaldson will feature.

In his situation as underdog it is easy for him to get in his players heads about being heroes. 

Carlos will brush all that off as he thinks they have a complex that we don't share. But I hope he doesn't go all Bryan Robson about it either 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

You can't, simple as that. The idea that we are the team with no spirit or cohesion is laughable. We'll be up for it without a doubt.

28 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think there are some attempted mind games re selection. He mentioned they had injury problems at the top of the pitch but my guess is that both Sharp and Donaldson will feature.

In his situation as underdog it is easy for him to get in his players heads about being heroes. 

Carlos will brush all that off as he thinks they have a complex that we don't share. But I hope he doesn't go all Bryan Robson about it either 

For them to believe the inclusion or not of their strongest players will affect our attitude is ridiculous.

Only way he can have an effect on the outcome is if he manages to get them to perform better than their best - even then we’d also have to be under par.

It’s ours to lose 

It's his style, makes soundbites to try and give his lot the upper hand. I have it on good authority that his approach to the Nowrich game was to go through their side on an individual basis and rip them to bits. 'bobbar', 'no b0llocks', 'sly lobster' & 'thinks he's better than he is' were some of the phrases he used. I wonder what his thoughts were after :D