Were you there Boxing Day 1979?

WOLS

1 hour ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

I was at the Boxing Day Massacre 1979.  What memories of that day!  I can't wait to be there on Sunday.  What a great atmosphere it will be.  Who else was at the BDM who are going this Sunday?  Do you think this can compare?

I was there, on the Kop . What a day 

I was at the Boxing Day Massacre 1979.  What memories of that day!  I can't wait to be there on Sunday.  What a great atmosphere it will be.  Who else was at the BDM who are going this Sunday?  Do you think this can compare?

No. Unless we win 4-0.

Edited by Dronfield Blue

Didn't go but can remember it vividly, my Dad went and as he and my mom had split up 5 years previously, he normally had us Boxing day. He wanted to take me but my mom convinced him there would be too much bother.

Remember sitting at home as a 10 year old with all the family round, doing Christmas things as kids do but still looking out for the result. (It was the 1st Derby game in my living memory).

About 10 minutes from the end look north or Calendar come on and inform us the latest score from Hillsborough is Wednesday 1 United 0.

(Scores were still well behind time then) I jump round the house like some demented monkey, mom tells me to calm down its not finished yet.

What seemed like hours later, but probably only about 15 minutes, I hear Wednesday have won but not the 1-0 I thought but 4-0. 

Best Christmas ever, but remember wanting to go back to school asap to give it to the few Blades there.

Still wish my old man (Rip) had taken me though.

Was in the North Stand that day.

The 2 main things that stand out for me were ,  

1, I was convinced after all the hype the game would finish 0-0 so couldn't believe it when spidermans shot hit the back of the net. 

2, With about 5 minutes to go all the North Stand were singing 'Boxing Day Massacre  Boxing Day Massacre ' !

Edited by owlthorpe

What a great day and Xmas, lived at Malin Bridge. Worked at Woodhouse & Rixson, MD was David Hall, a blunt, he had my spare ticket ( sorry, should never had done it ) any way his face at 4.0 was a picture.

Went to the BEEHIVE at the top of Wadsley Lane after, great afternoon and then Boxing Night in town, bloody brilliant, Wednesday celebrating everywhere. BIG thanks to Bridget Kelly, Julie Butcher, Sally, Jill, Malcolm Frost, Andy Mauger for the best ever.

WAWAW

On the kop and then had to walk it back to Chap for dinner at my grandmas.

thing is you lads not old enough to know 

the blunts were said to only have to turn up to paste us with sabella (who?) etc  :rolleyes:

we fecking murdered them in every part of the pitch 

it's a lesson for sunday these occasions  are about who turns up on the pitch not the teamsheet 

and that means the fans too anyone who leaves with their voice intact wants a slap 

• Like 1