Were you there Boxing Day 1979?

WOLS

West Stand upper..  with mi Dad & Grandad (rip) normally went on the kop but cause grandad was a bit frail mi dad decided best to sit down.

I was 10 at the time.. amazing day.. can't remember too much other that spiders goal and jeff king doing a job on sabella all match,  did he go off with the face one after

getting hacked down many times ?

The car ride back to Mosborough with flags / myself hanging out the car window and car horn papping away was fun.

17 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Hiya Andy,

Hows things?

Youve got a better memory than me mate.

I remember being in the South but couldn't remember why we were there lol, not our normal stomping ground at the time.

Half of the old 'crew' have gone sadly,

Ted Bear died years ago, Cockney Richard also (I think). 

Think Vinnie is still on the go, saw him down town a couple of years ago, still see Slacky and Rummers, now & again, Archie as well, although losing touch with a lot of them.

Top crew and top times.

Bring it on Sunday, our season tickets are middle of the Kop these days, my eldest lad won't entertain it anywhere else, great spot though.

Be outside the Crown before the match!

Have a good un mate,

3-1

WAWAW

FTB

Rob

Going well thanks Rob mate.   Cockney also passed away a few years ago, a lot of the "old crew" went to his funeral in Ilford.   I still see Vinnie occasionally and see Slacky & Archie in the South Stand at most matches.  Normally have a drink in Napoleons with Pasquale (ex Ozzie Owl club yard of ale champ) before the game these days.   Some serious celebrations coming up on Sunday pm.

Cheers for now old mate

UTO

Andy 

On 22nd Dec 1979 I married the first Mrs Sternlad in Donny, went away to North Yorks for a short "rest", returned on Christmas morning in time to stand on the Kop with me old man on Boxing Day...the rest is just a blur of screaming,yelling and bouncing up and down. A bit of passion on Sunday together with our superior skill and technique and we'll hammer 'em!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Yes! My best memory and proudest claim as a Wednesday fan. I was there, in the middle of the Kop in my donkey jacket and

blue and white scarf, for the BDM. Unbelievable feeling as the second half unfolded, because in the first half it was very even.

There's only one Terry Curran!

I was also at the Lane in April, but had to stand in the Shoreham End, andso wasn't wearing my blue and white scarf. And I'll say

again - there's only one Terry Curran!

Great stuff. I was also a Bramhall Lane for the return fixture. Sat amongst their fans with my Nan and Mum. What a player TC was and what a goal that was. TC was my all time favourite player until Waddle arrived at the club.

I was there, it was 2 days before my 18th birthday.......south stand, my dad (RIP) on one side and a blade (family friend) on the other.

Unforgettable day and one that forged the Curran legend.   Had a quick drink in Forty Foot after and my dads mate who used to run the coaches from there strolled in after us............everyone was clocking his reaction cause he was Wednesday daft but his face gave away nothing as he calmly sauntered up to the bar and said.......26 pints of bitter please to a huge roar.

From there we went home to Gleadless and straight in to the Wyvern which had been full of blunts for the previous 3 months boasting about what they were going to do with us.

Strangely there was not many of them in :biggrin:......but the Wednesdayites that were in kept on putting day trip to Bangor on repeat on the juke box singing "didn`t we have a loverly time the day we went to Hillsborough"

That night i went with my mates to our local The Heeley and Sheffield where we pledged very foolishly at our barely legal drinking age to down a pint for every player....................we made a manful effort (dont try this at home kids) but got about as far as Jeff Johnson 8 before staggering home to bed with the kind of smile on my kisser that only a utd tonking can bring.

Edited by sheriwozgod

17 hours ago, bradowl said:

16 at time and stood at top of Kop, I was only little so couldn't see much. 

Just turned 16 10 days earlier. Stood on Kop then had to walk home with a load of miserable Blunts all the way back to Hunters Bar. They were not a happy bunch but I had a very very warm glow inside.

North Stand. 11 years old.

My first ever Wednesday game.

I was a Leeds fan until that day because my Dad was and he had been taking me to Leeds games since I was 7.

But my Uncle is a mate of Terry Curran and he took me to the game.

It changed my life forever.

Thanks, Uncle Derek.

I was 16 and had started going on the Kop with my mates, but that day I went with my Dad and we sat in the North stand.  It must have been one of the last, if not the last match I attended with the old man...just as we had done when I was a little 'un.

What a great day.